PDA

View Full Version : Official Oilers Getting Shitstomped by Wings Thread

RB25DET
04-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Predictions? Comments? Discuss.

Detroit in 4. :drama:

Rocky
04-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Better series than most anticipate, I think. Shouldn't discredit the Oilers after they split the season series with Detroit; don't forget, Detroit only lost like 16 games... meaning like 1/8 of their losses came from Edmonton alone. Pretty sure I got that stat right. Roloson is the real weakpoint of Edmonton, and I'm sure the Detroit offense will be able to burn him up.

All things considered, Wings in 5. Not to say it'll be a cakewalk.

Btw: :goflames:

louren22
04-19-2006, 05:42 PM
As much as Im cheering for the Oilers, I gotta say the Wings. I think the Oilers might stretch it to 6 tho, or at least hoping so.

Iunno what you guys are so happy about, Kiprusoff cant win all your games for you, can he? Some of you might remember when Giguere single handedly led the Ducks to the Cup final in 2003. Who says he cant do it again?

boopydogg
04-19-2006, 05:46 PM
im hopeing the oilers win the series cause i would love to see flames oilers meet this year but i think the red wings are gonna take it in 5 or 6 and all the games will be close

boi-alien
04-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by louren22
As much as Im cheering for the Oilers, I gotta say the Wings. I think the Oilers might stretch it to 6 tho, or at least hoping so.

Iunno what you guys are so happy about, Kiprusoff cant win all your games for you, can he? Some of you might remember when Giguere single handedly led the Ducks to the Cup final in 2003. Who says he cant do it again?

And where did anyone say anything about the Flames or Kipper in this entire thread? Seems like Oilers fans attack the Flames at any chance they can get. Btw, Kipper did the same thing back in 03/04 in case you've forgotten.

I think that the Oilers may become the spOilers and upset Detroit. I have faith in the Canadian teams. I say, Oilers in 7.

Rocky
04-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by louren22

I'd rate Giguere's best performance a little above Kiprusoff's best performance. But then I'd rate Kiprusoff's average nightly performance way higher than JS Giguere's. And yeah, Kippy does his job, the Flames score as many goals as needed, all there is to it.

Mr. Burns
04-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Wings in 5 or 6

louren22
04-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by boi-alien
And where did anyone say anything about the Flames or Kipper in this entire thread? Seems like Oilers fans attack the Flames at any chance they can get. Btw, Kipper did the same thing back in 03/04 in case you've forgotten.

I think that the Oilers may become the spOilers and upset Detroit. I have faith in the Canadian teams. I say, Oilers in 7.

Haha, sorry. I didnt see the Flames Playoff thread until I had posted that. Nothing serious, just joking around, trying to stir shit. Id agree with what Rocky said. I think when Giguere is playing his best, hes better than Kipper. But as of late Kiprusoff has been playing outstanding, and JS has been sub-par.

Hakkola
04-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Rocky

I'd rate Giguere's best performance a little above Kiprusoff's best performance. But then I'd rate Kiprusoff's average nightly performance way higher than JS Giguere's. And yeah, Kippy does his job, the Flames score as many goals as needed, all there is to it.

LOL, how can you rate one best performance against another when it results in a shut out and nothing better? :rofl: I guess it doesn't matter, Miikka has more shut outs or "best performances" anyway.

2002civic
04-19-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

LOL, how can you rate one best performance against another when it results in a shut out and nothing better? :rofl: I guess it doesn't matter, Miikka has more shut outs or "best performances" anyway.
no shit:werd:

Nissanaddict
04-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Did Giguere ever have a 1.70ish GAA in a season? Lol, he has improved, but with the new equipment regulations, I doubt he'll ever be back at that prime he once was.

RB25DET
04-19-2006, 08:10 PM
Giguere is teh lame. He will die. As will Edmonton. Back on topic people, this thread is intended to bash edmonton!!!

MM99lude
04-19-2006, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by RB25DET
Giguere is teh lame. He will die. As will Edmonton. Back on topic people, this thread is intended to bash edmonton!!!

Ya, but i would rather see a Canadian team make it past the first round then the cup favorites.

I'm sure the wings will take it in 5 or 6 but I definatly wouldn't mind seeing the oilers win:drama:

SuPhistiKatEd
04-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Lucky for you Greaser fans...Datsyuk will miss Game 1.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=163320&hubname=nhl

natejj
04-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Oilers in 7

treg50
04-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Even though they had a great record for their last 11 games the Leafs were pitiful --- it was too little to late over here, as usual :thumbsdow

Interesting news: Leafs head-coach Pat Quinn just got fired. (http://www.cbc.ca/toronto/story/tor_quinn20060420.html) He'll be replaced with Paul Maurice who led the Carolina Hurricanes to the 2002 Stanley Cup final.

I just hope a Canadian team wins!!!:clap:

GO SENATORS! :D

Kimchee
04-20-2006, 03:35 PM
oil in 6

Clem
04-20-2006, 03:39 PM
It'll be a tight series..... to 6 or 7 for sure. I want to say Oilers but Wings are the favorite

calgarygts
04-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Oil took 5 of 8 possible points from detroit this year. This should not be a stomping at all, but a good series. Even though the oiilers are my team and I would love to see them win if I had to bet money it would be on detroit. I think it'll go to 6 or maybe even 7 if the oilers can get all areas working well at the same time. It's hard to predict as roloson has had some unbelievable nights and some pretty lame nights. Guess we'll find out soon!

R!zz0
04-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Oiler in 4. Yes i predict a sweep.

dericer
04-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Detroit in 5

Rolo is way past his prime

Oil has average Defence

Gigeure is the only goalie I've seen give up more rebounds than Aebischer. The key was the D that made sure there wasn't a second shot.

Giguere had one of the best defensive cores seen in years.....no offensive ability, but it's like having 7 Warraners...except Vishnevski of course.

Fredrik Olausson
Keith Carney
Vitaly Vishnevski
Sandis Ozolinsh
Ruslan Salei
Niclas Havelid
Kurt Sauer

Then look at their forechecking ability w/ the forwards they had.

Anaheim's trap in 2003 perfected New Jersey's attempts. IMO

That's why Calgary will be a scary team for the next 10 years. We are young, fast, talented, and most importantlt...we have a successful formula.

Flames = Devils and 3 cups in 10 years ain't bad.

Just my .02

oh yeah....Oilers suck

Pee_Sack
04-20-2006, 04:12 PM
oil in 6 :D:D:D

R!zz0
04-20-2006, 04:29 PM
If Oilers do win please DON'T GO TO WAYNE GRETZKY DRIVE AND CREATE "THE BLUE MILE" It's NOT for you guys only calgarians can do shit like that. :thumbsup:

tapout
04-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by natejj
Oilers in 7 :werd: i think the oil will pull out the upset in 6

ronaldo
04-20-2006, 06:48 PM
detriot in 5:thumbsup:

kaput
04-20-2006, 09:54 PM

Foz
04-20-2006, 10:01 PM
:whocares: :english:

Nite_Rydah
04-21-2006, 02:34 AM
Oil in 7..best series of the playoffs here we come..two high scoring teams collide..can't wait

R!zz0
04-21-2006, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Foz
:whocares: :english:

Okay

calgarygts
04-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Clem that sig is hilarious

Clem
04-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by calgarygts
Clem that sig is hilarious

:clap:

heavyD
04-21-2006, 10:23 AM
I think it will be quite an entertaining series. I originally thought Wings in 5 but I think the Oilers may be worth another game or more. Anything can happen & Detroit has a history of consistently losing out to 6 - 8 seed teams.

Wings in 6.

calgarygts
04-21-2006, 10:28 AM
I'm super excited for this series - the offensive play of both teams is outstanding and should make for some very entertaining playmaking. I have always liked detroit so should they beat out the oilers they'll get my cheers for the playoffs. Only a few hours away now!
Go Oilers Go!!!

Clem
04-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Also keep in mind the Red Wings have over-inflated stats considering all the divisional games this seaon.

Columbus, Chicago, St. Louis..... please. None of them past the 75 point mark this season.

Put Detroit in the Northwest or Pacific Division and then see what happens to their President's Trophy.

Not to say Detroit isn't a great powerhouse but you have to look at the teams they have to play.

Granted Oil beat teams better than them and lose to teams worse than them. WTF us up with that shit. :thumbsdow

Either way it will be one of the best series in the Playoffs. Even Steve Y knows Detroit will have to bring their A game against the Oil.

YA RLY!!! :poosie:

in*10*se
04-21-2006, 12:50 PM
oil in 7

00Celica
04-24-2006, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by RB25DET
Predictions? Comments? Discuss.

Detroit in 4. :drama:

Good prediction

Clem
04-24-2006, 08:37 AM
Ya Rly!!!! Enough said :poosie:

Kirbs17
04-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Oilers in 6.

DelSoln
04-24-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Kirbs17
Oilers in 6.

So which one is it? You predicted Wings in 7 in the other thread.

heavyD
04-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by DelSoln
So which one is it? You predicted Wings in 7 in the other thread.

At it again I see.:)

gonefishing
04-24-2006, 10:06 AM
Oilers in 7 . They will not get "shitstomped" if the Wings win they will have to play us to the last game.

DelSoln
04-24-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

At it again I see.:)

LOL. Well why would someone change their prediction after a single game? ;)

SneakyNeek
04-24-2006, 10:16 AM
the oil arent gunna get stomped

they gunna take itt in 7

heavyD
04-24-2006, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by DelSoln

LOL. Well why would someone change their prediction after a single game? ;)

I made the mistake of falling for the Wings typical class of the league regular season again. By no means am I taking any credit away from the Greasers great play but we've seen this before from the Wings. They were the best team easily in the regular season but look like a fraud again in the playoffs as they are the Atlanta Braves of the NHL. One good thing going for the Greasers is that the last two teams to breeze by the Wings in the offseason have made it all the way to the finals.

Hakkola
04-26-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by SneakyNeek
the oil arent gunna get stomped

they gunna take itt in 7

I don't think it will even take 7 games. I wasn't worried about the wings at all this season, they USED to be good, but look at their division. IMO they're the most over rated team in the league.

dubber1985
04-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Where do I even start discrediting you morons who posted on page I...cakewalk? shitstomped?

Ignorant Flames fans...think they're team is actually gonna win the cup...ROFL!!!

Wings in 4...bullshit
Wings in 5...bullshit
Wings at all...bullshit

HuMz
04-30-2006, 08:21 PM
How about someone create another Oiler's get shit stomped by Calgary thread assuming they both move on :D

C4S
04-30-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by HuMz
How about someone create another Oiler's get shit stomped by Calgary thread assuming they both move on :D

I would like to see that happen too ..

however, if Flames vs Oilers next round .. it would be a "who stomps who" series .. will be another exciting series too!

Don't shit on other teams' fans! Let's enjoy Playoff! :thumbsup:

SidewaysSkyline
04-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by dubber1985
Where do I even start discrediting you morons who posted on page I...cakewalk? shitstomped?

Ignorant Flames fans...think they're team is actually gonna win the cup...ROFL!!!

Wings in 4...bullshit
Wings in 5...bullshit
Wings at all...bullshit

Dude, it was all in good fun, quite honestly, id rather see the oil advance than the wings, and im a big flames fan.

motion
05-01-2006, 09:06 PM
To all you shit talking idiots that thought the oilers we're gonna flunk, you can suck a fat etown wang tonight.

:rofl:

Foz
05-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Haha... See ya..

Bring on the ducks.. hahah battle of alberta my ass..

Bye bye Wings.. bring on the ducks..hello Stanley.. then hello City of Champions.

For you flamers.. @#$! @#$ haha.

Foz
05-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by motion
To all you shit talking idiots that thought the oilers we're gonna flunk, you can suck a fat etown wang tonight.

:rofl:

:werd: :english:

dkny_stylez
05-02-2006, 12:31 AM
go oilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!woooooooooooooooooooo

fuck the flames!!!:poosie:

talon31
05-02-2006, 12:39 AM
oilers > flames :D

Clem
05-02-2006, 02:15 AM
YA RLY!!!!

Nuff said :poosie:

Pee_Sack
05-02-2006, 08:16 AM
ahahah RB25DET you have got to feel like a real fucking idiot now. Please /life with your idiodic assumptions.

heavyD
05-02-2006, 08:32 AM
Congrats to the Greasers.:goflames:

Bill Cosby
05-02-2006, 08:34 AM
woohoo OMG

i went to a restaurant last night they had the game on it was 2-0 i was so sad.. i got home and it was 2-2

i was so excited sreaming hooting hollering, and when ales hemsky got those goals i havent gone that wild in ages

GOOOO OIL!!

tawheed
05-02-2006, 09:31 AM
hahaha RB25DET = OWNED

Kobe
05-02-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Foz
Haha... See ya..

Bring on the ducks.. hahah battle of alberta my ass..

Bye bye Wings.. bring on the ducks..hello Stanley.. then hello City of Champions.

For you flamers.. @#$! @#$ haha.

I dont know if your a bandwaganer or not.. After this comment I am only to assume tho, as There is no way Edmonton can or ever could play the ducks with ANY outcome in the next round...

motion
05-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Foz

:werd: :english:

Ok.
To all you Calgarian delinquents that were talking as if the Edmonton Oilers were going to loose the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs, you can ingest a fat penis tonight with a big Edmonton Oilers decal on it.

Good day.
that better for you white bread?

Nissanaddict
05-02-2006, 11:52 AM
I didn't THINK they'd make it, but I wanted them to. I'm a Flames fan, but if the Flames don't win this one, shit next in line is the Oilers...not to mention I'm moving to Edmonton soon too, and I couldn't bear HATING the hockey team of the city I live in (although I'd still wear a red jersey to 4 games every year there) That Samsonov to Hemsky FTW was a freakin SWEET goal. I'm REALLY hoping for the BOA...sucks that one of the teams will be gone, but would it ever be exciting. After seeing the first 2 games, I knew Detroit would have more trouble than I thought. My brother said Detroit sweep, I said Detroit in 6 or 7. After game one, I said Detroit can't win this in less than 7.....and I was right. They didn't win it. I was impressed.

l8braker
05-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Kobe

I dont know if your a bandwaganer or not.. After this comment I am only to assume tho, as There is no way Edmonton can or ever could play the ducks with ANY outcome in the next round...

This is true, good on the Oil for taking out the Wings, but they will not make it anywhere near the Cup, ever. But we shouldn't rain on the parade, cause what else happens in Edmonton? This is probably the first and last interesting thing that will happen in the next year at least.

Manifesto55
05-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Glad the Oil won, that was a SWEET SWEET game to watch. It's too bad the Stars lost, because I didn't want a battle of Alberta until the last possible series (western final). Good God, Calgary had better win tomorrow or we'll never hear the end of it.

LudeRoca
05-02-2006, 12:15 PM
haha good luck you grease monkeys. you guys made it past the first round. That doesnt mean your gonna go to the cup. Dream on fools.

Aleks
05-02-2006, 12:35 PM
saw some footage from whyte ave last night. is it me or is there some very ugly people living up north. :dunno:

HuMz
05-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by l8braker

This is true, good on the Oil for taking out the Wings, but they will not make it anywhere near the Cup, ever. But we shouldn't rain on the parade, cause what else happens in Edmonton? This is probably the first and last interesting thing that will happen in the next year at least.

lol the oiler's have 4 more cup's, just beat the best team in the league, have had more sucess in last decade alone, feature a very balanced team since the deadline (Addressing there biggest need for a goaltender).....yet no chance at a cup?? and ever?:rofl:

Oh yeah that's right Calgary made it to the dance once in the last decade yet that automatically make's them such a great contender:nut:

Bill Cosby
05-02-2006, 03:13 PM
lollllllllll so true

i got love for both teams, but the flames fans always think so much higher of themselves because last year they lost in game seven of the stanley cup playoffs

:rolleyes:

oilers havent made it past the 1st round in what 8 years?.. let them bask in a little glory, they eliminated the best team in the west in 6 games

dubber1985
05-02-2006, 03:21 PM
lol the oiler's have 4 more cup's, just beat the best team in the league, have had more sucess in last decade alone, feature a very balanced team since the deadline (Addressing there biggest need for a goaltender).....yet no chance at a cup?? and ever?:rofl:

Oh yeah that's right Calgary made it to the dance once in the last decade yet that automatically make's them such a great contender:nut:

:werd: absolutely true...this is where i sont get the calgary fans...they are just rediculous...oilers actually have a dynasty...not just a lanny macdonald...5 cups vs. 1 cup...the grey cup and countless other things and they say this is the single most exciting thing here...get a clue "cowboys"

You must remember you dont have the same team you had in your "single most exciting thing to happen to calgary" run last season. Your jackass, joke of a hardass coach let two of the players go that gave you a HUGE hand in getting to where you did. Ville Niemenen and Marty Gelinas. I played ball hockey with Gelinas up here and letting him go was retarded to say the least. Probably cuz they said the wrong thing to Sargent Sutter. WEAK!

Oh yah, has Huselies graduated elementary yet?

calgarygts
05-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by l8braker

What else happens in Edmonton? Ever hear of the grey cup?

Way to go oilers, that was a freaking crazy third period - I thought for sure the game was over after the second period. I'm having a great time smack talking at work today to all the anti-oiler people in the office.
Go Oilers Go!!!

talon31
05-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by LudeRoca
haha good luck you grease monkeys. you guys made it past the first round. That doesnt mean your gonna go to the cup. Dream on fools.

kiprosoff and iginla is ALL and i repeat ALL you guys have going for calgary. i honestly like calgary but seriously the calgary fans are starting to piss me off. learn some fucking respect because when the oilers make it farther than the flames, im going to dedicate a thread to how shitty your team is. you guys made it far ONCE, and look how cocky you fucks are. the ONLY reason i want calgary to lose is to shut you fools up. END RANT

talon31
05-02-2006, 07:15 PM
btw my previous post is not about all calgary fans. just the punks who think its cool to bash the oilers becuz there jealous that we built up a stong team this year.

shane
05-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by talon31

kiprosoff and iginla is ALL and i repeat ALL you guys have going for calgary. i honestly like calgary but seriously the calgary fans are starting to piss me off. learn some fucking respect because when the oilers make it farther than the flames, im going to dedicate a thread to how shitty your team is. you guys made it far ONCE, and look how cocky you fucks are. the ONLY reason i want calgary to lose is to shut you fools up. END RANT

:werd:

shane
05-02-2006, 09:03 PM
i did not say that somone was on my account

GO FLAMES!!!!!!!!!!!
were crazy is right

Nissanaddict
05-02-2006, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by talon31

I can see why you posted this. A lot of Flames fans are pricks. But let's pick a few things apart here. Iginla and Kiprusoff are not all we have. Kiprusoff is stellar (although yeah, his playoff stats dont' reflect that, but you guys made Detroit look like tools, so they didn't get that many good chances on Roloson, but Roli DID rob them a few times) Kiprusoff is definitely the more talented goalie (compared to...well just about anyone, even Brodeur said Miikka deserves the Vezina) Now Iginla. He had 67 points this season. Hemsky, Horcoff and Stoll all had more than him (77, 73, 68 respectively, and Ryan Smyth had 66, so one less point than Iggy, but he did have one more goal than Iggy, so y'know) The problem though, is the Oilers did have a lot more blowout games than the Flames. We play a "get a lead, shut you down, and maybe score another here and there in the process" game. The Oilers are a much more run and gun team (this is the regular season). The playoffs are different. Both teams had veterans with subpar seasons come out flying (Peca's been great for you, Amonte and McCarty for us....Amonte is better than the stats say too, made some NICE passes that teammates fanned/fucked up on). The Flames seem to have more balanced scoring too. The 2nd and 3rd liners have been doing great. The defense is pretty well even. Ference has been SO freaking great in the playoffs (crazy eh?) Warrener hits shit really hard. Phaneuf had a bad start, but while hasn't been racking the points of the reg. season, he's playing a smarter game now. Hammer's been good as well, doing his job. Leo and Regehr are very reliable too. Gotta quit doing stupid pinches though (nobody in particular, just anyone). Oilers defense. Pronger's shined in the postseason, and I will say he is THE best outlet pass man in Alberta. Definitely. Spacek needs to stop doing lame poke check attempts on odd man rushes, and just provide proper coverage. Dont' have much else to say bout the Oilers D since I don't watch enough to make proper judgement. But this would be a freaking exciting series. And fans? Sure talk smack, but at least make it funny, not "if you like the Oilers, ura-homo-lol"

calgary350z
05-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Nice work Oilers, but you guys need to relax with all the Calgary bashing. We both have great teams and we should be happy we can have chance to play each other instead of some dumbass American team

C4S
05-02-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread should close .. wrong title ..

however, I dont' understand why keep picking on Oilers or Flames ..

both good teams, both make playoff this yr,

Oilers is ONE STEP ahead now, and hopefully, Flames will close the deal tomorrow ..

They both good teams, and they both Canadian teams, and we should cheer for them! Leafs is out, Canucks is out, Montreal is out ..

So .. only Flames, Oilers, Sens left .. :dunno:

I guess one thing we all agree is, for their last 6 games, Oilers did play better then Flames, let see if Flames can play game 7 as good as game 5!!:thumbsup:

95EagleAWD
05-02-2006, 10:05 PM
I hope Calgary loses to the Ducks, simply because I think they'd beat the Oilers.

I'm pretty sure we could take San Jose.

Go Oil!!! :clap:

Kirbs17
05-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Im an avid flames fan, and to me, San Jose is more of a threat than Calgary...

talon31
05-02-2006, 10:58 PM
i admitted to liking the flames. they are a good hockey club. but seriously on 780 did we make a thread about how badly you guys will get stomped and rag on the flames like u guys did with the oilers? NO, because we can atleast respect your team. like i said im not talking about all calgary fans just the few who have shown alot of disrespect to a MUCH improved oilers team. obviously some people have not understood what im getting at so ill just leave it at that.

also SHANE, do you think your tough buddy? dont ever send me another PM like that again. fucking disrespectful asshole.