PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Stone masons/Labourers $15/hr!

sxtasy
04-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Well we are too busy and growing again, we are looking for labourers/stone masons. If you have no experience in this trade you will start as a labourer where you will learn the basics. Pay will start at 15/hour. A competent, smart, hardworking person who would like to learn the trade can quickly move up the pay scale.

This is a fast paced, hard working, labour intensive job, candidates must be strong, able to lift 100+ pounds. Candidates must have their own transportation and be willing to travel as some job sites can be far away (Bragg Creek area) With the sacrifice of travelling, one will get satisfaction of working on 2+ million dollar houses. We are a high end company, and if you are looking to learn a dying trade, this might be the job for you.

Please forward resumes to 403.663.8033
any questions please post em up!

fast&dangr
04-19-2006, 08:48 PM
What type of stone? I'd be interested in working with natural stone rather than lockstone driveways or that fake stone panelling stuff. I work 2 weeks on/2 weeks off and I'm looking for a 2nd job because I'm bored on my days off.

sxtasy
04-19-2006, 08:55 PM
The majority of our stone work is natural stone. We work with all types of natural stone even do hand stone carvings, and work with 1000lbs+ slabs.

Goblin
04-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Couple questions:

1) Full-time? How many hours a day? What days?
2) I have no experience, but I am in a gen. labour job right now. What does this include?
3) Year round? Just summer? Winter work?

Thanks

dj_rice
04-19-2006, 09:11 PM
I use to work for a company called Zanin Masonry as a labourer, did the gen labour duties as well as jointing and finishing on the stones, is there any pay increase from my experience?And does any of this work involve being up high on scafoldings as I have a fear of falling

sxtasy
04-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Goblin
Couple questions:

1) Full-time? How many hours a day? What days?
2) I have no experience, but I am in a gen. labour job right now. What does this include?
3) Year round? Just summer? Winter work?

Thanks
1)yes, full time work. There are extra hours available as well if wanted. Typically 8 hours a day monday to friday, like i said there are always extra hours available
2)no experience required for this job. Duties will include mixing mortar, moving rock etc, cleaning up around job site, erecting scaffolding lots of miscelaneous jobs. I will work with people wanting to learn the trade and we will work on more advanced projects, so I guess depends on the competence and the willingness to learn of the candidate
3)Year round work

sxtasy
04-19-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I use to work for a company called Zanin Masonry as a labourer, did the gen labour duties as well as jointing and finishing on the stones, is there any pay increase from my experience?And does any of this work involve being up high on scafoldings as I have a fear of falling
If you are good you will get a quick raise, and yes some work involves heights

Tha VZA
04-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
And does any of this work involve being up high on scafoldings as I have a fear of falling

even when in a full body harness? tie yourself off like you are supposed to and you should feel fine IMO anyway

ciao

sxtasy
04-20-2006, 05:44 PM
ill post up a couple examples of the type of jobs we've done
natural manitoba limestone exterior facing

sxtasy
04-20-2006, 05:45 PM
sandstone/river rock picnic table, solid sandstone slab top and seats

Kobe
04-20-2006, 09:22 PM
We are more of a stucco crew but do natural stone for Elite once in a while, Good starting wage, Being the helper is easy money, someone should jump on this asap!

tc3
04-21-2006, 09:54 AM
How much for experienced Masons?

sxtasy
04-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by tc3
How much for experienced Masons?
Please send me a resume and we can talk

Davide
04-27-2006, 04:40 AM
what kind of benefits do you offer? and are you still hiring?