PDA

View Full Version : Cars with HID

szw
03-26-2003, 07:36 PM
Does anybody have a list of cars that come with OEM HID?

Do these have it?

1996 Audi A4 Quattro T112
V6 5 speed

2001 Audi TT 1.8 Turbo 6 speed AWD

max_boost
03-26-2003, 07:37 PM
Umm......you should check edmunds and look at the standard equipment for the older cars

FiveFreshFish
03-26-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by szw
Does anybody have a list of cars that come with OEM HID?

Do these have it?

1996 Audi A4 Quattro T112
V6 5 speed

2001 Audi TT 1.8 Turbo 6 speed AWD

No HID for 96 A4, regardless of engine or drivetrain.

HID option for 01 TT, about $700.

Glowrider
03-26-2003, 08:11 PM
My car came with HID/Xenon standard. You can add that to the list.

I think most cars that come with a "luxury" brand name attached, either come with them as standard equipment, or have the option available.

nismodrifter
03-26-2003, 08:26 PM
well....don't Ford Focus's have them available as an option now??

FiveFreshFish
03-26-2003, 08:30 PM
Here's the list (http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/car-oem-hid.htm) of cars with HID xenons.

szw
lol okay nevermind don't list them all!

Thanks for the info on the audis

THANKS fivefreshfish I knew i've seen that list before! thanks

ACS-e36
acura 3.2 tl
i think all the new bimmers got em now

SpoonEK9@STRD
03-26-2003, 09:08 PM
dont forget shadowz winter beater 92-95 CIVIC HAS HID!! THAT BASTARD LETS KILL HIM

boi-alien
03-26-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by SpoonEK9
dont forget shadowz winter beater 92-95 CIVIC HAS HID!! THAT BASTARD LETS KILL HIM :werd: i think we should kill him :guns: :guns:

HK2NR
03-26-2003, 09:25 PM
:rofl:

Speed_Dreams
03-26-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by boi-alien
:werd: i think we should kill him :guns: :guns:

Kill him and then Steal his HID civic

Seanith
03-26-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
well....don't Ford Focus's have them available as an option now??

I think the SVTs do...

boi-alien
03-27-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams

Kill him and then Steal his HID civic screw the civic, i just want the HIDs hahahah

shadowz
03-27-2003, 02:17 AM
Ill kill all of you!!!!!

Hipermax_d
03-27-2003, 01:04 PM
wow a sienna has HIDs??

most luxury based car companies now come equiped with HID's dont they?
i read in the herald a long time ago the top 10 options people want when purchasing a car is to have HIDs. that was like 3rd or 4th place

benyl
03-27-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Hipermax_d
wow a sienna has HIDs??

most luxury based car companies now come equiped with HID's dont they?
i read in the herald a long time ago the top 10 options people want when purchasing a car is to have HIDs. that was like 3rd or 4th place

Most Volvos dont' come with HID. I think the new R does, but nothing else... not even an option.

Acura MDX dun havem, nor RSX...

bol
03-27-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Here's the list (http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/car-oem-hid.htm) of cars with HID xenons.

Keep in mind that list list appears to be for US Spec cars while Canadian spec cars (BMW for example) are different. While HID might be an option for a BMW in the US, it might be standard here. This is the case for a variety of cars.

benyl
03-27-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by bol

Keep in mind that list list appears to be for US Spec cars while Canadian spec cars (BMW for example) are different. While HID might be an option for a BMW in the US, it might be standard here. This is the case for a variety of cars.

But there are cars, such as the Nissan Altima 3.5SE where HID is available in the states, but not Available in Canada. HID is optional on BMW here as well.

G
03-27-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by benyl

But there are cars, such as the Nissan Altima 3.5SE where HID is available in the states, but not Available in Canada. HID is optional on BMW here as well.

It's the other way around for the G35. Option in the States but standard here.

benyl
03-27-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by G

It's the other way around for the G35. Option in the States but standard here.

They also made HID an option on the 2003 Max cause so many were getting stolen. I guess people would also rent the Maxs and steal them and return them to Hertz, Budget et al.

Fukn' theives.

I got HID, but I aint telling no one cause I don't want it stolen... Doh! I just told!

FiveFreshFish
03-27-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by bol

Or what's standard HID in the US isn't even available as an option in Canada (my car). :(

Yeah bol, the list is not complete... where's the JDM Subaru WRX STi? I believe it is a compilation list of cars that can possibly serve as HID donors for those who want to ghetto-rig their own.

G
03-28-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by benyl

They also made HID an option on the 2003 Max cause so many were getting stolen. I guess people would also rent the Maxs and steal them and return them to Hertz, Budget et al.

Fukn' theives.

I got HID, but I aint telling no one cause I don't want it stolen... Doh! I just told!

People are also stealing them off of the Acura TLs too. This one guy had 3 sets taken and eventually gave up and put the halogens in instead. I hate it when people have no respect for other people's property.

Altezza
03-28-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by G

People are also stealing them off of the Acura TLs too. This one guy had 3 sets taken and eventually gave up and put the halogens in instead. I hate it when people have no respect for other people's property.

3 sets? I'd be pissed if I was that guy. Give it 5 years and pretty much any decent car will have them. Maybe then, people will stop stealing them.

benyl
03-29-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Altezza

3 sets? I'd be pissed if I was that guy. Give it 5 years and pretty much any decent car will have them. Maybe then, people will stop stealing them.

Nope. I paid over $700CDN for them. Having more cars on the road with them, just makes them easier to steal. Just think, there are hundreds of thousands of little ricers who want them for their Civic and Sentras that won't ever have a hope in hell of HID becoming an option.

If and when HID becomes an option or standard on every car, the peeps with the old rides will still want to steal them.

Think about it, do you know anyone who has gotten their stock aluminium wheels stolen? They are standard on most every car except base models.

By the way, my HID my be for sale today. I have someone really interested in my car. They don't want the HID, so I will put it up for sale for a good price.

laters, B