PDA

View Full Version : Where do everyone goes to get their Subaru oil charge in Calgary?

WRXchic
04-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Where do everyone goes to get their Subaru oil charge?

My car is due for its first oil change.
I got some negative feedback on the service department at subaru dealers in the NE. That they screw up your car, so you will bring it back for more service.

Where should I bring my babe to get oil charge?
Any auto shop I can trust?
Any suggestion?

CRXguy
04-20-2006, 04:30 PM
I do mine at home, and I keep all of my receipts for maintenance work.

I don't think the dealer can screw up an oil change, but who knows? :rofl: There's All-Makes if you're not comfortable going to the dealership. They're located on 32nd Ave NE.

Canadian 2.5RS
04-20-2006, 04:37 PM
I go to all makes for any work that isnt warrenty related or that i can do in my driveway.

Fuji
04-20-2006, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't go to any subaru dealer to do any work. they could pay me and i wouldn't take it to them I don't need the abuse and Ithey couldn't diagnose a car problem if it was a you pointed out exactly what the problem was to them

Ask nice and I'm sure some of the subie boys here will help you out if you get the materials lol

Aleks
04-20-2006, 06:37 PM
^ not what i like to hear lol

WRXchic
04-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Fuji
I wouldn't go to any subaru dealer to do any work. they could pay me and i wouldn't take it to them I don't need the abuse and Ithey couldn't diagnose a car problem if it was a you pointed out exactly what the problem was to them

Ask nice and I'm sure some of the subie boys here will help you out if you get the materials lol

Pleasssssse, all hot/ gorgeous / beautiful.....subie........cars.......

:rofl: :rofl:

pitwipe
04-20-2006, 08:26 PM
The dealer can change your oil for you.. I wouldn't expect them struggle or screw up anything.

Not sure how many times I have to post this but... I never had any problems at the dealers. They have always been competent, efficient and friendly.

mac_82
04-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Never had any probs with Subaru Calgary, they are the only dealership I have used in Calgary.

:thumbsup:

Don't let horror stories about dealerships stop you from buying a Suby.

pitwipe
04-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Whenever I chat to the other subie guys at the meets about the dealerships in Calgary, the consensus is - don't bullshit them and they won't bullshit you.

I think this is true in most walks of life, if you respect people and don't treat them like some kind of lower lifeform, chances are they'll treat you with respect too. :thumbsup:

clem24
04-20-2006, 11:26 PM
I just do mine at home. It's really not that hard. On my GC, everything is located so conveniently that I don't even have to jack it up. Takes about 15 minutes tops (1 minute of actual work, 10 minutes letting the oil drain!). The filter is the only part that gets kinda messy.

Anyway, as for oil changes, IMHO it's really really tough to screw up. The dealer should be ok for an oil change. I wouldn't trust them with anything else though.

WRXchic
04-21-2006, 12:13 AM
Anyone knows what is the rate for labor/hr?

I don't want to pay $90/hr of labor + others = over $100 just for oil change.
I know usually a garage charge $60/hr, and dealer's service department usually are more expensive. Doesn't seem worth to pay $30 more for just an oil change.

My family owns a Lexus SUV which go to the dealer to do oil change every 8000km. Everytime it is around $200 for a simple oil charge.. :eek:

vincent-h
04-21-2006, 03:01 AM
do it at home 5-10 bucks for the filter and then whatever u want to pay for the type of oil you want.

Good to know kinda thing, its quick easy cheap and efficient!

Do It Yourself and You Know its Done Right!

googe
04-21-2006, 04:40 AM
just go to mr lube. buy some mobil 1 5w30 at walmart first and bring it with you.

make sure you say no to all the questions they ask you though. "engine sealant, flush, xxx additive" etc.

pitwipe
04-21-2006, 08:40 AM
Call the dealer.. I got something through the mail from Centaur saying they do oil changes for around $30.

Don't listen the negative posts or speculation.. call your dealer and ask!

Fuji
04-21-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by pitwipe
Whenever I chat to the other subie guys at the meets about the dealerships in Calgary, the consensus is - don't bullshit them and they won't bullshit you.

I think this is true in most walks of life, if you respect people and don't treat them like some kind of lower lifeform, chances are they'll treat you with respect too. :thumbsup:

That's probably true, but you can't bullshit about anything when your car is STOCK. I'm not going to go out of my way to kiss the service managers ass to get something that I have paid for and have a right to as well. That's just unfair. We could argue about it all day, but the point of this is look out for yourself cuz the dealer isn't going to

pitwipe
04-21-2006, 09:15 AM
It's not about "kissing ass" it's about being nice. There is nothing wrong with being a nice guy.

If you go in demanding your rights, all full of piss and vinegar because your car is stock and insisting they have fix whatever you say.. well, you'll probably not get great service because of your bullish attitude.

Try being a little humble and friendly.. it can work wonders.

Fuji
04-21-2006, 10:02 AM
It's not about "kissing ass" it's about being nice. There is nothing wrong with being a nice guy.

If you go in demanding your rights, all full of piss and vinegar because your car is stock and insisting they have fix whatever you say.. well, you'll probably not get great service because of your bullish attitude.

Try being a little humble and friendly.. it can work wonders.

How do you know I was bullish I'm pretty sure you were't there. Well at the time. I didnt know anythign about cars or what was wrong and I just took the car in and said it had problems ( how can you demand something when you dont know what the issue is?). I was not bitter. The bitterness is a result of what happened. You get bitter when you finally realize what is wrong and no one does anything about it.

Too bad you are being ignorant and a know it all and assuming that I am not humble and not friendly and was not at that time.

Anyways I already stated there is no point in arguing so let this thread get back on topic of someone getting their oil changed.

pitwipe
04-21-2006, 10:57 AM
Odd that my igoranance gets me good service, whereas your charming attitude gets you bad service. What a crazy world we live in. :dunno:

PS, I do enjoy debating with you fuji! lol :thumbsup:

Fuji
04-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Odd that my igoranance gets me good service, whereas your charming attitude gets you bad service. What a crazy world we live in. :dunno:

PS, I do enjoy debating with you fuji! lol :thumbsup:

There is no debate here. It's not the bad service that is an issue it's their inability and unwillingness to fix an obviously wrong problem. I own 3 cars... i act the same at all three different dealers. It's funny how I have no complaints out of the other 2, but consistently only about Subaru. what's done is done, i only complain so that other people are aware.

Seriously. back on topic or i'll start banning people, I may have to ban myself if this continues

pitwipe
04-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Ban away....

CIVIC_MAN
04-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

That.Guy.S30
04-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Call the dealer.. I got something through the mail from Centaur saying they do oil changes for around $30.

Don't listen the negative posts or speculation.. call your dealer and ask!

^ are you sure? lol my 2.5 n/a costs like 40-50 bucks for an oil change.

max_boost
04-22-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by googe
just go to mr lube. buy some mobil 1 5w30 at walmart first and bring it with you.

make sure you say no to all the questions they ask you though. "engine sealant, flush, xxx additive" etc. Tha't's where I've been bringing the Forester since day 1. They charge $46 for your regular 5W30 Castrol but they can finish everything in 10 minutes while I read the paper. :D

spideywrx
04-22-2006, 09:16 PM
I personally wouldn't go to all makes, had a bad experience with them, they didn't tighten my uppipe at all..

anyways, I go to Nikon on 4th st NW, good guys, good service.

clem24
04-23-2006, 06:10 PM
haha spidey: You can replace your turbo but you can't change your oil...? :poosie:

WRXchic
04-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Thanks you guys,

I asked a friend and he will do the oil change for me.
Maybe I will ask him to show me, then I can do it myself the next 6000 km rolls around.

BTW, what and where I should get the filter and oil?
Should I get synthetic oil for my car?
What does everyone use?

Fuji
04-24-2006, 01:23 PM
synthetic mobil1 5w30 or 10w30

buy a subaru oem oil filter with the crush washer.

spideywrx
04-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by clem24
haha spidey: You can replace your turbo but you can't change your oil...? :poosie:

ha ha, I like to keep it for records sake,, you know how it goes:D