PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player Question....

nismodrifter
03-26-2003, 08:33 PM
I am having problems when I press "print screen" (on keyboard) with Windows Media Player Open.

I pause the video and then press print screen, then paste into photoshop but the image in the windows media player window is just black in this pasted version.

Any idea as to how I can fix/bypass this problem? or has Microsoft made it this way to protect copyrights laws

Thx

FiveFreshFish
03-26-2003, 08:40 PM
Click on your desktop to make the media player inactive. Then press alt-prnscreen and paste to photoshop.

Works for me.

Ferio_vti
03-26-2003, 08:42 PM
hmm, not sure what you're doing wrong.
I've done it lots of time before. I just tried it on media player 6.4 and 9, both with paused images, while playing, full screen print, and window only (alt+print screen). All combinations worked for me....

nismodrifter
03-26-2003, 08:44 PM
thankz for the help, weird stuff always happens when I do it, sometimes you only see a portion of the video in the pasted image, usually just blank though

thx again

FiveFreshFish
03-26-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
hmm, not sure what you're doing wrong.
I've done it lots of time before. I just tried it on media player 6.4 and 9, both with paused images, while playing, full screen print, and window only (alt+print screen). All combinations worked for me....

Any hints to capture Realplayer and Quicktime paused images? I've not been able to get anything from these two formats.

nismodrifter
03-26-2003, 08:54 PM
and now its NOT working....

FiveFreshFish
03-26-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
and now its NOT working....

Did you click on the desktop? What I've described above captures the entire desktop including the paused media player, so you'll have to crop.

Ferio_vti
03-26-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Any hints to capture Realplayer and Quicktime paused images? I've not been able to get anything from these two formats.

I'd give it a try, but I haven't been able to get quicktime to play properly in a long time.
I can hear sound, but the display is all messed, either it just shows what's behind it, ie the desktop, or it shows frozen pics intermitten.

Kobe
01-22-2006, 09:24 PM
^^^ Anyone figure out whats wrong, im having the same problem, used to work before

nismodrifter
01-22-2006, 10:42 PM
dang this thread be 3 years old yo hahah good to see someone searching though :D.

Anyways, the way I made it work is to go to tools-->options-->click the Performance Tab---> reduce video acceleration to NONE.

This is how it works on both my old ghetto PC at the time of this thread being started AND on my brand new machine.
The way FiveFreshFish describe doing it does not work on any of my PC's but it did seem to work for him.

Try my method out, works for me :)

Kobe
01-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Where do i go to tools tho? dont see it in my Media Player :banghead: :banghead:

Edit: Im a fool :D

Thanks...
I remebered the thread from a longg time back, so i searched :P

gp36912
01-23-2006, 08:51 PM
eh i just play it in real player or divx if its that kinda file and it works for it, otherwise i also get that annoying blackscreen