PDA

View Full Version : Floorists check this out

Stiny
04-20-2006, 07:10 PM
hey i was wondering if anyone thats into flooring out there knows about starting up a job preping floors. like if theres jobs where you go in and sweep the floor out throw down underlay and nail in smooth edge. and then everything is ready for the guys laying down the carpet to come in throw the carpet down and than go. me and my dad were thinking about going into business together maybe trying something like that. Let me know what you think if its a good idea or if we're just shooting for the stars. and if you do think its possible how much you think you could make average on a house?

djayz
04-20-2006, 07:14 PM
im not a floorist myself but i recently had my carpet changed
and they did it with ease in 2 days. There was 3 guys they worked about 10 hours both days did two floors two flights of 16 step stairs. and they also removed the old carpet and underpad and put new ones in.

i think it would be hard to start up a business doing just half the work cuz most places dont bother cleaning up underneath so they dont need that portion and it doesnt take them very long to put underpad in cuz its just cementing it and laying it down..doesnt have to be perfect so they can do it quickly.

It may be possible to partner up with a carpet installer and work something out but i dont think it would be something that most people would pay for seperately.