PDA

View Full Version : what's the true potential of a JDM B18C Auto ?

Prolifique
04-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Hey there I haven't done to much research regarding this subject myself as I have been busy in exams all week however what does this engine have which others don't. I know it has more HP but besides that any other reasons? Thanks and if any of you own such an engine give me any info drect or indirect thanks.

WWJAI
04-20-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm not to sure if I understand your title..but from last i remember..a b18c doesn't come in automatic

CIVIC_MAN
04-20-2006, 08:21 PM
yea you can get them in automatic from Japan. the question is why would you want an auto if you also want performance?

Zephyr
04-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by CIVIC_MAN
yea you can get them in automatic from Japan. the question is why would you want an auto if you also want performance?

he must be too lazy to shift :rofl:

Prolifique
04-20-2006, 09:24 PM
well you got a point there but yea my question is if someone wants that specefic engine why would they want it, is it performance or is there more than just that to it?

88CRXGUY
04-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Or he doesn't know how to shift...

dj_honda
04-20-2006, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Prolifique
well you got a point there but yea my question is if someone wants that specefic engine why would they want it, is it performance or is there more than just that to it?

usually they bring them over and sell the engine to people who just want the engine. i personally think it would be a sweet swap though, in some nice sedan or something. power when you need it but a nice daily.

glennc
04-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Potential is as far as YOU want to take it. You could buy it, rebuild, bore, turbo... EVERYTHING and even with auto have an amazing machine.

Its all up to how much time, money, and effort you want to exert to get power out of an automatic.

If you dont mind me asking... Why automatic? put the large double double java down and shift :P

Ekliptix
04-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Weeeeeell, hardcore dragracers use autos, right?

CIVIC_MAN
04-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
Weeeeeell, hardcore dragracers use autos, right?

true it is

James
04-20-2006, 10:45 PM
Auto's are for Girly Men!.....Unless your hitting 13's or faster in the 1/4 :D....I hate Driving Automatics but i do have respect for a Mustang that will Run 9's....totally irrelevant, but i dont care :D

CIVIC_MAN
04-20-2006, 11:11 PM
I like driving auto's but thats when i have a cell phone in one hand and a coffee in the other, automatic imports were never meant to be raced.

Prolifique
04-21-2006, 04:30 AM
ok here is why...http://www.importcentral.ca/community/index.php?showtopic=2081

I bought this ride as of this Tuesday. Thanks for your replies ..well some of em at least, no i can drive manual i use to own a 325 I beamer once by which I loved to shift back and forth however calgary and it's roads just don't fit for rush hour driving a manual. It's personal opinion non the less and i just got back from UOFC god no ones on the streets at 4 am.. go figure.

Speed_69
04-21-2006, 10:48 AM
^ For some reason that car just doesn't look right to me. I just totally hate the way it looks and it doesn't look like if fits right. Nissan front ends should stay on nissans, not put on acura's :dunno:

asp integra
04-21-2006, 03:27 PM
i dissagree, i think the nissan fron looks really nice on a teg, the lines are kinda similar to a jdm teg conversion, but the lights on the nissan look really nice! thats a sick car, congrats on the purchase!

Prolifique
04-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Merci, I appreciate your comments and yea it's all personal taste some like theirs blonde others like brunettes, but I think it's a beauty.

trikypenguin
04-21-2006, 07:46 PM
who in their right mind puts a silvia front end and skyline rear end on an integra......

Prolifique
04-22-2006, 03:48 AM
If ya read the list and specs of the vehicle it's a blackwidow rear modification.