PDA

View Full Version : Who here works at Rogers At&t???

teg_star
03-26-2003, 10:12 PM
hey jus found out that i owe $1800 from my ex's cell phone bill..the letter was from da credit bureau too!!!...i didnt know i had to pay for it since today!!..sheez.....i guess it was under my name when she got da cell....so what should i do??....cant get a damn hold of her....is there n e way i can appeal and make her pay for it??...or m i cornered??
n e tips would be gr8
thx

ninspeed
03-26-2003, 10:25 PM
ya.. call her cell phone :D... was your name on the contract as a co-signer? or was it your name?? if it was your name, i dont know if there is much to do, other than sue (cuas i doubt she will just give you 1800$)

04blackMAX
03-26-2003, 10:30 PM
man why did you sign for a cell for her, i could understand if you where marreid but dood man your fuked...sorry

teg_star
03-26-2003, 10:31 PM
YES I AM!!!...biggest mistake of my life...unfortunately i am da co-signer....so basically i cant do n e thing??...SHIEEETT!!!...i only cosigned it..and the rest she filled out with her own info...dunno if that matters ..not cool at all

04blackMAX
03-26-2003, 10:49 PM
yeah amn if its in her anme iam sure shes gonna have to pay too......

hinggu
03-26-2003, 11:03 PM
I think by co-signing you screwed yourself. the purpose of cosigning is to say that you will vouch for her and will take care of it if she defaults so.. yeah, sorry dude.

GTS Jeff
03-26-2003, 11:44 PM
yo shiet dawg. u shuold like, over over dere and like club dat biatch n shiet mang.

teg_star
03-27-2003, 12:06 AM
errr...she freakin pissin me off....there has to be away aroun it...someway that she's gotta pay for somethin....what if she moved to another city...can i say u guys should look for her and discuss with her instead...?

SpoonEK9@STRD
03-27-2003, 12:48 AM
looks like you'll have to pay, but you can take her to small claims court to see if you can get all or half.

98type_r
03-27-2003, 10:31 AM
rule is, you signed the papers and the account is in your name. so you're the one responsible for paying the bills.
If the account isn't paid then they come after you.

I also learned the hard way that you shouldn't sign up for cell phones for people who can't get one under their own name.

teg_star
03-27-2003, 10:59 AM
god damn it!!...some of my friends say that if ur a co-signer means that u pay half for da bills??....man...i gotta talk to her mom!!

Weapon_R
03-27-2003, 11:56 AM
no you pay all da bill. Rogers doesn't care whether or not you used the phone. Point is, you co-signed, so you pay it. Good luck though

Ajay
03-27-2003, 12:44 PM
Yah when you sign a service agreement with Rogers, Bell, Telus...whoever you're committing YOURSELF to paying that bill. It doesn't matter to the cell company who's using the phone...the person who signed the contract is legally entitled to pay the money.

That's why I'de never sign a contract for anyone unless it was family or if I was married!

Hope you figure something out