PDA

View Full Version : New Gold's gym opening????

swt_asian_soul
04-22-2006, 06:10 PM
I was just wondering if anybody would know when does the new gold's gym open?The NE location. I thought it was suppose to open this month.

Thanks.

jcrules99
04-22-2006, 06:22 PM
they said they should be opened for sure by may 1st

00CivicSi
04-22-2006, 08:52 PM
maybe later now from what I've heard. They are moving most of the stuff in on May1st and then still hafta wait for inspections

jcrules99
05-04-2006, 05:10 PM
they said may 8th they should be open..

whose all goin there from beyond?

Speed_69
05-04-2006, 06:08 PM
yup! called them today and they said they're going to be open starting May 8th...5am.

I'll probably go there that day.

EG_Civic
05-04-2006, 09:19 PM
yup yup already got my assessment done! got my pass already

Speed_69
05-09-2006, 10:50 AM
i haven't been there yet but i've already heard that it's a complete dissapointment. The place doesn't live up to what the representatives said it would be like and they over exagerated abit. anyone been there yet?
i'm hopefully going to check it out today

RUQUIKR
05-18-2006, 01:21 PM
I was pretty impressed, it's not finished yet but it's still pretty nice.

Gorilla
05-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
i haven't been there yet but i've already heard that it's a complete dissapointment. The place doesn't live up to what the representatives said it would be like and they over exagerated abit. anyone been there yet?
i'm hopefully going to check it out today

You heard wrong..its one of the best gyms Ive been to in Calgary. Each Cardio machine has full cable TV.. The Hammer Strength machines are awesome... did a spin class as well which was cool since it has its own room..has a basketball court which is awesome to warm up or cool down..

There adding hot tubs and an octagon *boxing ring

Overall I am very impressed only thing I would change is add a spit tank like they had at uni and a hot sauna..

I have been to
Goodlife, Fitness Plus, World Gym, World Health sunridge, WOW work out world, The Gym, Uni, Mount Royal

Speed_69
05-18-2006, 04:41 PM
I admit it is one of the best gyms in calgary but i was still alittle dissapointed. When i signed up, i was showed pictures of how the place would look like and it looks nothing like how nice it was suppose to be. Overall it is pretty nice still tho and the equipment is A+ :thumbsup:

WWJAI
05-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
I admit it is one of the best gyms in calgary but i was still alittle dissapointed. When i signed up, i was showed pictures of how the place would look like and it looks nothing like how nice it was suppose to be. Overall it is pretty nice still tho and the equipment is A+ :thumbsup:

Same for me. Was a bit dissapointed. When I first signed up, I told was it was gonna be very large but its not where as close to how big as I thought it was going to be and I was told they were going to open beginning of march. For an extra two month wait (they opened around may), I was dissapointed when I first saw the gym. But nonetheless, I think its a great gym and definitely worth my $25 bucks a month.

mdeleon
05-21-2006, 04:36 PM
it's only $25/month? or is that that deal they were given out for opening?

CappyMcSlappy
05-21-2006, 07:23 PM
I like the Gold's I go to! (Here in Northern VA).

Lots of VERY nice scenary too. I guess that depends on location though. I live in an area where its mostly young folks (I'd say 95%) so that helps a lot!

Best deal for Gold's is to see if the place where you work has some sort of corporate discount. I know here in the States you can get a corporate account if ten people from your company show interest/sign up (something like that). That lowers the rates a TON!

That's really the only reason why I can afford to go there to be honest. If I didn't have that I'd...I'm not sure what I'd do!

liquidboi69
05-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Btw the new golds gym said they are getting a cage for their Wrestling/Boxing Matts area. LOL so for any of u intrested, u should checkit out.

ecstasy_civic
05-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by liquidboi69
Btw the new golds gym said they are getting a cage for their Wrestling/Boxing Matts area. LOL so for any of u intrested, u should checkit out.

:eek:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm if they do put in a 'cage' lol

ill be signing up for a membership June 19th when my cardel expires :love:

2002civic is in for another beating:angel:

jcrules99
05-22-2006, 12:44 AM
like it was stated previously, by the pictures it looked HUGE but its still pretty nice, i like the basketball court and i noticed theres alot of upper body machines:confused: but not as many leg machines, haha

mehh overall its pretty good, i like it:thumbsup:

WWJAI
05-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by mdeleon
it's only $25/month? or is that that deal they were given out for opening?

Thats's the deal I was given because I signed up way before they even opened. Now its around $50-55 a month on a 1 or 2 year contract I believe.

Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm if they do put in a 'cage' lol

ill be signing up for a membership June 19th when my cardel expires :love:

Yup their putting a UFC type cage in about a week or two..supposedly