PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Lincoln Towncar problems

dub_c
04-22-2006, 10:01 PM
We were putting a stereo in today, and there was a deck in it, but i pulled it out and match the other harness color for color, and it doesnt get no constant feed for power. Now, there was 2 blown fuses, we replaced them, and now we still dont get any power to the deck, nor do we get power to the dash ( digital gauges ). also, it has a power trunk, and it wont close too.

ive gone over everything, theres no burnt wires, fuses are good and everything is connected. Anyone have any ideas ?

BerserkerCatSplat
04-22-2006, 10:29 PM
From crownvic.net:

Part of the thing is that is a large circuit that stretches throughout the car like a web.

I had a problem with that circuit that wound up affecting the power seats, digital dash, power windows, locks, interior lights, EATC (the digital HVAC controls), radio, vanity mirror lights, HomeLink transmitter and I think a few other things.

The dealer had the car for a week. Pulled things apart all over the place looking for the problem. and couldn't find it. They pulled out the seats, dropped the headliner, went through the dash board, couldn't find a thing.

When I got it back, I looked it over myself, and found a chafed wire in my trunk light. Taped up the wire, problems all stopped.

BTW- the problem I had was a short to ground that was blowing the fuse and causing the above mentioned systems to fail.

There's also a chance it could be your ignition switch, but I find that highly improbable.