PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill *Possible Spoilers*

Zephyr
04-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Pretty good movie. It stayed true to the game and almost resembled the first Silent Hill game. It use almost all the same characters and names, all the buildings existed throughout the 4 Silent Hill games.

Had some scary moments, the dam music and sound effects makes it worse. Overall pretty good movie! The ending might be hard to understand for some people though.

Primer_Drift
04-23-2006, 01:12 AM
I saw it on Friday night.. having not played the games, but knowing their premise made the movie enjoyable, but it lacked for truely scary moments for me. Some parts that were supposed to be scary, or gruesome I found myself laughing at. :dunno:

Most professionally made adaptation of a video game I've seen to date, and an excellent director - Christophe Gans (also directed "Brotherhood of the Wolf" which had a similar atmosphere to this movie).

Audio_Rookie
04-23-2006, 02:08 AM
was just gonna make a thread on this lol.

Pyramid head is awsome, and his sword is just crazy! Fucked up ending, and little bit corny beginning. Good camera work and special effects.

Zephyr
04-23-2006, 02:10 AM
ending wasn't fucked up, kinda sad though. i think anyone that doesnt know anything about the game will become clueless with that ending

Audio_Rookie
04-23-2006, 02:11 AM
ya, I had my buddy give me some more info...as he was hardcore into the game. The game story line itself is kinda messed...but a cool movie overall.

Definately a little more confusing if you havnt played the game...and I cant remember the video game..

Zephyr
04-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Audio_Rookie
ya, I had my buddy give me some more info...as he was hardcore into the game. The game story line itself is kinda messed...but a cool movie overall.

Definately a little more confusing if you havnt played the game...and I cant remember the video game..

japanese people can really think of some crazy stuff...

the music creeped me out, and that siren...:banghead:

JordanEG6
04-23-2006, 02:45 AM
I liked the movie. i thought, out of ANY game-to-movie adaptation, Silent Hill kept it true to its original form. i liked how they merged the first 2 games together. awesome movie. didn't like the end 'massacre' tho, it was kinda gay. but good movie :thumbsup:

topher91
04-23-2006, 10:08 AM
I thought the movie was great too, but as someone who's never played all the silent hill games I am confused about the ending??

Can someone explain it? I'm assuming the mother and daughter are now dead? :confused:

Chris

Despair*
04-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Saw it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The music and sound effects were awesome and gave it that same creepyness that the game had. Had some really good messed up scenes as well, definately worth seeing if you played the game or not.

ApexDrift
04-23-2006, 02:40 PM
please put up possible spoilers please!... now im thinking bout the ending...

i only played the first one got ot the mall but didnt have time to finish it...

did they use the radio static?....

oh and i remember playing the father... why did they use a mother?

Audio_Rookie
04-23-2006, 03:24 PM
yes there was radio static.
dont know about the father mother thing.

Jassie
04-23-2006, 06:11 PM
I can't wait to see it... The game gives me the creeps.

Zephyr
04-23-2006, 07:36 PM
the story line was to be different somewhat to the rest of the silent hills.

same characters in the movie
Cybil the police officer was in Silent Hill 1
Alessa was in Silent Hill 1
Dahlia was in Silent Hill 1
the red nurse in the room was also in Silent Hill 1 and dressed the exact same and blonde hair too
Gucci appears in Silent Hill 1 through a note

Midwich elementary is in Silent Hill 1
Brookhaven hospital is in Silent Hill 2

the story line in Silent Hill one is almost identical to the movie but the mother in the game already died and it was the father that took the child to Silent Hill. characters inside also was had the same role as the game.

the ending is basically showing that the mother, daughter and police officer already died in the very beginning once the accident occured. notice when she was driving home it never changed color from the gray gloomy feeling. the gas station which they passed is no longer filled with anyone and when they got home she parked the jeep next to the bush on the driveway. but the house was empty and dull and she started staring at the couch.

the husband wakes up and its back to the real world which he sense someone staring at her from the couch. he goes outside and then we get a shot of the bush, but the jeep isn't there.

he basically has that 6th sense shes around but she isn't alive anymore. hence when he went with police officer gucci he sensed where she was and smelled her, but it was very different. plus when they visited silent hill, they were able to get back and never ran into trouble.

notice the phone calls to when she gets a clear voicemail message, while he only gets static and nothing else. they never actually spoke to one another after the night in the beginning.

it's pretty good how they stuck to the game, and didnt go off and make it dumb.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1d/Silenthill11.jpg

JordanEG6
04-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr

it's pretty good how they stuck to the game, and didnt go off and make it dumb.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1d/Silenthill11.jpg

thats what i like about it...sticking to the original premise. movies like street fighter, Mortal Kombat, doom and res were different from the game and it didnt have that OG franchise feeling to them, like this movie.

civic_stylez
04-23-2006, 09:22 PM
i was hoping for some girl on girl for a bit.. the cop looked like she had some freak in her... the effects were awesome though...when her face started melting off and how the floors and the walls would go back after the "darkness" would come. there was also a preview for a movie called "pulse" that looked friggin scary too...

403Gemini
04-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Sad movie, but very close to the game. Just sorta pissed me off how all the "scary" parts were shown in theatres...

however i do TRULEY appreciate the camera work and makeup. phenominal job.

"Colin" was my favorite part ;)

little_wan
04-24-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm still a bit confused about the ending. If the mom, cop and daughter were all dead from the beginning...then what about all the people that get killed in the church? Are they already dead too?...but then how do dead people die again?

403Gemini
04-24-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by little_wan
I'm still a bit confused about the ending. If the mom, cop and daughter were all dead from the beginning...then what about all the people that get killed in the church? Are they already dead too?...but then how do dead people die again?

essentially they were tortured souls

Zephyr
04-24-2006, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

essentially they were tortured souls

yea. they in a sense had to go through purguratory (sp?) to get to a peaceful state..

3g4me
04-25-2006, 08:56 AM
Wow that movie was a little over the top. I didnt really like it too much, it jumped around everywhere. I dont think they should have marketed this movie as a horror. I also dont think they should make movies that dont make sence if you dont play the game :rolleyes: . Good effects though but still a waste of my money.

403Gemini
04-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by 3g4me
Wow that movie was a little over the top. I didnt really like it too much, it jumped around everywhere. I dont think they should have marketed this movie as a horror. I also dont think they should make movies that dont make sence if you dont play the game :rolleyes: . Good effects though but still a waste of my money.

my girlfriend understood it and hasnt played a video game since the original super mario on nes.

Sorry you had a hard time figuring it out :dunno:

b_t
04-25-2006, 12:22 PM
I thought it started off awesome, then it looked like it was going to get even better when they reached the church (I mean, he ripped her skin off like it was nothing!) but then it just started to suck hard and it soured the whole movie for me.

Like the beginning was awesome, with the monster siren and the darkness, then Pyramid Head, Colin, and the scarabs was pretty cool, but then all that clunky bible thumping and weak analogies and then the exposition at the end just totally wrecked the movie for me. Its too bad Boromir didn't have a bigger part.

403Gemini
04-25-2006, 12:26 PM
yea i was sort of disappointed how the movie strayed away from the game and made the movie revolve around some jesus freaks

id give the movie a 7/10. best video game to movie adaptation, ill buy it, but i agree with youf ully b_t, it killed the mood and slowed down the movie A LOT talkinga bout the jesus freaks.

One thing: **SPOILER**

Hot lesbian cop beats the FUCK outta those 3 guys while rose goes into the elevator and then just lets them beat her up..... why?

3g4me
04-25-2006, 01:02 PM

my girlfriend understood it and hasnt played a video game since the original super mario on nes.

Sorry you had a hard time figuring it out :dunno:

Probably has something to do with the massive dub we smoked before the movie.:D

Azn_2nr
04-25-2006, 02:31 PM
hmm so when the the mother and the daughter had already died in the accident.. didnt the real world they found the jeep but no one was in it?

RiCE-DaDDy
04-27-2006, 03:14 PM
below avg movie. good thing i was somewhat familiar with the game so it wasnt a total bust. but overall judged as a MOVIE, it wasnt good. The only thing it had going for it was its visual style but thats pretty much it.

Zephyr
04-27-2006, 03:43 PM
yea i was sort of disappointed how the movie strayed away from the game and made the movie revolve around some jesus freaks

id give the movie a 7/10. best video game to movie adaptation, ill buy it, but i agree with youf ully b_t, it killed the mood and slowed down the movie A LOT talkinga bout the jesus freaks.

One thing: **SPOILER**

Hot lesbian cop beats the FUCK outta those 3 guys while rose goes into the elevator and then just lets them beat her up..... why?

it stayed with the game, it didn't stray at all. it was a readaptation to fit a movie. it did that very well..

Zephyr
04-27-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by 3g4me

the game was designed that way

ApexDrift
04-29-2006, 11:30 AM
wait i remember the red nurse, "lisa" dieing...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3162254579019504602&q=silent+hill&pl=true

but yeah they did stay very true to the game... i dont remeber colin though

Kamen
04-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Just saw it tonight.
Good movie, not as scary as it seems, but good that they stuck true to the game story and good graphics.
Didn't have any trouble figuring things out at all. :thumbsup:

Dren
04-30-2006, 08:47 AM
saw the movie. Great effects. Well done, how they stuck to the video game.!! its for sure worth it watchin it in the theatre

black_radiation
05-01-2006, 09:33 AM
I love this movie and how it paid so much homage to the original game unlike res evil, etc, yes i agree it had its poorly thought of parts but all in all a great movie for those who played the game. p.s. I cannot find a copy of Silent Hill 1 for playstation in calgary lol. pm me if you have it for sale... im dying to play it again and im not paying 150$ on ebay for a copy lol....