PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Gen 4WS Lude Vs. 5th Gen Lude

Weapon_R
03-27-2003, 02:26 AM
I know a guy that thinks that a 3rd generation lude with 4ws can outhandle a brand new one. I disagree. Anyone have any experiences with both that can help me prove this to him?

James
03-27-2003, 02:52 AM
lol ,i think i know who that would be :rofl:....not sure how great a new lude handles, but im assuming pretty well, i know the 3rd gen 4ws ludes can hold there own, but i doubt there better than a new one.

buh_buh
03-27-2003, 02:58 AM
only one way to find out.

shadowz
03-27-2003, 03:02 AM
Actually in the 3rd and 4th gen the 4WS was effective but only to a minimum, u turns are such were a breeze but 4WS vs. modified prelude suspension the 4WS did lose, so on the subject of 5th gen vs. 4WS 3rd gen I feel that it would be quite even

buh_buh
03-27-2003, 03:13 AM
5th gen type-sh or base? Type-SH was voted best handling car under $30k in C&D magazine a couple years back.

Weapon_R
03-27-2003, 03:33 AM
Best vs. best.

4ws vs SH

GTS Jeff
03-27-2003, 11:15 AM
lol why are we having this argument?

like, um yeah, honda just decided to make a car that was 8 years newer handle worse...

max_boost
03-27-2003, 11:17 AM
Weapon R
Just bitch slap him :D
Pointless arguing :rofl:

max_boost
03-27-2003, 12:42 PM
But wait.....based on INitial D......wouldn't the old Corollas out handle the new ones? :rofl:

VWhooligan
03-27-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
lol why are we having this argument?

like, um yeah, honda just decided to make a car that was 8 years newer handle worse...

alot of newer cars handle worse compared to their older models. VW's are an example of this. The MK4 Golf and Jetta handle absolutely terrible, where as earlier models like the Mk2 handled well.

Newer cars have more luxuries (more weight) so the body roll is increased sometimes if precautions aren't made.

calarina
03-27-2003, 04:26 PM
Isn't the 4WS only up to a specific speed? Up until about 30 or 40 km/hr. I wouldn't want to be driving at 110km/hr and turn on and offramp, and oversteer because I have 4WS :tongue:

redline_13000
03-27-2003, 06:50 PM
its a 2001 se, the thing is an offroader, and like buh buh said, only one way to find out :D, the driver makes a difference to ayre :rofl:

ninspeed
03-27-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by calarina
Isn't the 4WS only up to a specific speed? Up until about 30 or 40 km/hr. I wouldn't want to be driving at 110km/hr and turn on and offramp, and oversteer because I have 4WS :tongue:

I belive at a sertain speed the wheels will turn the same direction( like the quadasteer system on the new silverados)...

GTS Jeff
03-28-2003, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
But wait.....based on INitial D......wouldn't the old Corollas out handle the new ones? :rofl:

actually they do...very very easily. of course, thats comparing brand new to brand new. as with any other 18 year old car, the bushings are poo by now. and theres also the thing about comparing the gts to the newer non-gts models.

Originally posted by VWhooligan

alot of newer cars handle worse compared to their older models. VW's are an example of this. The MK4 Golf and Jetta handle absolutely terrible, where as earlier models like the Mk2 handled well.

Newer cars have more luxuries (more weight) so the body roll is increased sometimes if precautions aren't made.

well yea, the golf and jetta are hardly performance cars anyway and as such vw hasnt bothered to improve the performance aspect. any sports car line up will improve over time, like the lude, integra, nissans Z car, supra, celica, mustang, etc etc...

buh_buh
03-28-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by redline_13000
its a 2001 se, the thing is an offroader, I beg to differ

three.eighteen.
03-28-2003, 08:10 AM

well yea, the golf and jetta are hardly performance cars anyway and as such vw hasnt bothered to improve the performance aspect. any sports car line up will improve over time, like the lude, integra, nissans Z car, supra, celica, mustang, etc etc...

last time i checked gti means performance in terms of vw :rolleyes: and those old rabbit/golf gti's are pretty nimble...

sml
03-28-2003, 10:12 AM
its a 2001 se, the thing is an offroader, and like buh buh said, only one way to find out :D, the driver makes a difference to ayre :rofl:

Please define offroader??? I dont think anybody ever said my car was too high... but I did get a lot of people saying that it's too low... I think you're talking about the RSX!:rofl:

GTS Jeff
03-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.

last time i checked gti means performance in terms of vw :rolleyes: and those old rabbit/golf gti's are pretty nimble... and thats why the newer gti models are faster than the older ones.

GTS Jeff
03-28-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by sml

Please define offroader??? I dont think anybody ever said my car was too high... but I did get a lot of people saying that it's too low... I think you're talking about the RSX!:rofl: yet somehow an rsx will still outhandle a lude :)

redline_13000
03-28-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by sml

Please define offroader??? I dont think anybody ever said my car was too high... but I did get a lot of people saying that it's too low... I think you're talking about the RSX!:rofl:

i dont know how high or low your car is, but his car, compared to mine, is an offroader like a said, twice as high at least.

2000impreza
03-28-2003, 01:39 PM
a lower looking car does not mean it can handle better.... with that siad i think the 5th gen lude is by far better handling car stock to stock.

VWhooligan
03-28-2003, 01:50 PM

sorry, i didnt know we were talking about sports cars. but if we're talking about sports cars, how did an integra or prelude even get into the equation?

redline_13000
03-28-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by 2000impreza
a lower looking car does not mean it can handle better.... with that siad i think the 5th gen lude is by far better handling car stock to stock.

i never said it can handle better because its LOOKS LOWER. Well theres only one way to find out right.

GTS Jeff
03-28-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by VWhooligan

sorry, i didnt know we were talking about sports cars. but if we're talking about sports cars, how did an integra or prelude even get into the equation? becuz i did not expect u to nitpick my every word...sports car, sport compact, sporty, u know what i mean. stop being a dick.

sml
03-28-2003, 03:25 PM

i dont know how high or low your car is, but his car, compared to mine, is an offroader like a said, twice as high at least.

Well... yea... maybe if that lude had 18" rims on and stock shocks and springs and you've got 13" rims and your car's slammed!!! Let's compare apples to apples here and compare them stock to stock...

sml
03-28-2003, 03:27 PM
yet somehow an rsx will still outhandle a lude :)

Yea... I also heard the new hyundais outhandle the new ferraris... :confused:

redline_13000
03-28-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by sml

Well... yea... maybe if that lude had 18" rims on and stock shocks and springs and you've got 13" rims and your car's slammed!!! Let's compare apples to apples here and compare them stock to stock...

stock for stock i agree it will beat me, but the argument between me and weapon r was between MY lude, my driving and HIS lude, his driving, not stock vs stock.

three.eighteen.
03-28-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by sml

Yea... I also heard the new hyundais outhandle the new ferraris... :confused:
i'd be willing to believe an rsx-s or r will outhandle a lude

gpomp
03-28-2003, 04:29 PM

Because the RSX has an inferiour suspension design and lacks a limited-slip differential?

three.eighteen.
03-28-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

Because the RSX has an inferiour suspension design and lacks a limited-slip differential?

the r would have an LSD...but cus the rsx is just smaller...but i'd be willing to believe it, i didnt say an rsx outhandled a lude...i know it would be at least close

max_boost
03-28-2003, 05:04 PM

stock for stock i agree it will beat me, but the argument between me and weapon r was between MY lude, my driving and HIS lude, his driving, not stock vs stock.

Dude, if you were driving a 1984 K-Car you would think it can beat a Lude......

Why is it that everyone thinks they are above average drivers?:rofl: :rofl:

sml
03-28-2003, 05:17 PM

ok dude... there's a HUGE difference between the type-s vs the type-r rsx... If you're talking about the integra type-r, now that's a whole different discussion... Now, let's assume that you're talking about the rsx type-r that's NOT available in North America, yes it'd probably be pretty darn good comparing to the base lude. But since we've expanded our scope to the entire world, now let's compare the type-r rsx to the type-s lude (which has 220hp and limited slip diff)... now that's a comparison. But if you want to stick to cars that are available to North America, let's compare the top end rsx (type-s) vs the top end lude (type-sh)... I'm willing to put money that the sh will prevail (in the twisties)... I mean come on, MacPherson struts vs double wish bone suspension??? That shouldn't even be a question!

Also, I think the viper, corvette, ferraris, lambos will outhandle both the lude and the rsx... not because they're "smaller"... but because they were built to perform at that level.

max_boost
03-28-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by sml
Also, I think the viper, corvette, ferraris, lambos will outhandle both the lude and the rsx... not because they're "smaller"... but because they were built to perform at that level.
What about Honda's second best car? The S2000! haha:D :thumbsup:

sml
03-28-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

What about Honda's second best car? The S2000! haha:D :thumbsup:

Oh yes!!! S2k rules all!!! :thumbsup: :bigpimp: :hitit:

GTS Jeff
03-28-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by sml

ok dude... there's a HUGE difference between the type-s vs the type-r rsx... If you're talking about the integra type-r, now that's a whole different discussion... Now, let's assume that you're talking about the rsx type-r that's NOT available in North America, yes it'd probably be pretty darn good comparing to the base lude. But since we've expanded our scope to the entire world, now let's compare the type-r rsx to the type-s lude (which has 220hp and limited slip diff)... now that's a comparison. But if you want to stick to cars that are available to North America, let's compare the top end rsx (type-s) vs the top end lude (type-sh)... I'm willing to put money that the sh will prevail (in the twisties)... I mean come on, MacPherson struts vs double wish bone suspension??? That shouldn't even be a question!

an rsx-s vs a lude sh...rsx comes out on top easily. its lighter, way stiffer, and has a few more years of honda r&d behind it. just cuz the lude has dbl wishbone and the rsx doesnt...doesnt mean the lude is a better handler. proof? hm. bmws use mac struts...and last i checked, THEY are the ultimate driving machines...not ludes. dbl wishbone does have more potential than mac struts because its way easier for dbl wishbones to keep the tires flat against the road, but mac struts can still be tuned to exceed the performance of the dbl wishbones in the lude. besides, handling is more than wishbone vs mac strut argument.

buh_buh
03-29-2003, 06:27 AM

an rsx-s vs a lude sh...rsx comes out on top easily. you have this info based on................ oh right. Nothing.

GTS Jeff
03-29-2003, 11:08 AM

an rsx-s vs a lude sh...rsx comes out on top easily.

Originally posted by buh_buh
you have this info based on................ oh right. Nothing.

wtf?! then whats this?

its lighter, way stiffer, and has a few more years of honda r&d behind it. just cuz the lude has dbl wishbone and the rsx doesnt...doesnt mean the lude is a better handler. proof? hm. bmws use mac struts...and last i checked, THEY are the ultimate driving machines...not ludes. dbl wishbone does have more potential than mac struts because its way easier for dbl wishbones to keep the tires flat against the road, but mac struts can still be tuned to exceed the performance of the dbl wishbones in the lude. besides, handling is more than wishbone vs mac strut argument.

and to add a bit more to that...the rsx also consistly gets higher skidpad numbers than the lude. the only holding the rsx back is the crappy michelins that honda slapped on the car and maybe the funny rear suspension that makes the cars tail jittery when cornering on bumpy roads (but tracks are smooth).

and yes, ive driven both. :love: for the way both of them drive :thumbsup: