PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DEH7700MP installed Radio problems!

vincent-h
04-23-2006, 10:47 PM
I installed the pioneer DEH-7700Mp deck into my 2005 05 subaru impreza and i'm having huge problem getting good quality through the radio I heard its because it needs to be powered.

I've read around some people said to use the blue white wire to power it but currently the blue white wire is used for remote turn on to my amp! so it can't be used to power my antenna/radio connection.
I tried to run a teed on line from teh blue/white to the antenna coupler/plug didn't work same peoblem with the radio but lost my sub! so that was qickly disconnected.

The pioneer does not come with a antenna power line.

is there any other wires I could possibly use or options?

Thanks

LilDrunkenSmurf
04-23-2006, 11:08 PM
there should be two blue wires... on completely blue, and one thats blue with a white stripe...

another possible idea (not sure if you tried it) is splitting the blue wire so that it powers both... might not be enough power... ANOTHER option (i did this when i didn't even have a remote wire) is run a small wire from the power cable to the remote plug on the amp and then cut the power cable and put a switch inside the compartment so you can control it... or you could wire it up to the lighter? thats what i did for a while too... lots of power supplies, just find one that turns on 12v with the car... take a voltmeter and screw around in there... the possibilities are endless... a lot of this will probably be temporary until you can figure something a little better out

Good luck

GTS Jeff
04-24-2006, 01:14 AM
A permanent solution would be to connect the antenna to a power source, then relay it off the remote lead.

vincent-h
04-24-2006, 10:35 AM
hmmm well that power source thing sounds cool but i think i'd run a lil wire from power source to a switch for teh radio since i alwasy want the amp to auto on with the remote wire and rather flip a switch for the radio cuz not used as often lol

but hey jeff i dun really understand how to do your method (newbie) I kinda understand your concept or what you mean i jsut don't know how to do it properly! haha

GTS Jeff
04-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by vincent-h
but hey jeff i dun really understand how to do your method (newbie) I kinda understand your concept or what you mean i jsut don't know how to do it properly! haha Yeah it's a bitch if you don't really know how to do it...you can either take it to a shop or just google up relays and learn how to wire them. :)