PDA

View Full Version : The Exodus Decoded

HyperZell
04-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Hopefully I wasn't the only one that saw this documentary on Discovery. It was 2 hours of unbelievable stuff, detailing the events in the Biblical Exodus and how it really could've happened. It was in HD too, and it looked fantastic. For those of you who are curious, here:

http://theexodusdecoded.com/index1.jsp

The first part of the show dealt with timelining the Exodus with records from other cultures, and in doing so they pegged it happening at around 1500BCE. Apparantly there was also a huge supervolcanic eruption at this time, at Santorini, Greece. The seismic activity is actually what explains the plagues set upon the Egyptians, and also the parting of the Reid Sea (that's not a typo) and the subsequent journey into the desert...they even show you what the Ark of the Covenant looks like!

Extremely recommended, even if you aren't a Christian. One of the most entertaining and spellbinding documentaries I have ever seen!

Hakkola
04-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Yeah I watched it, it was pretty cool. I missed the part with the ark though.

HyperZell
04-24-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Yeah I watched it, it was pretty cool. I missed the part with the ark though.

If you get the chance, definitely try to watch that part. It's one of those "Holy SHIT" moments when they reveal to you what it looks like. I can't even find a picture of it, or else I would put it on here...but it still needs to be seen and revealed rather than just posted.

Xtrema
04-24-2006, 11:43 AM
PVR'd it and probably watch it later this week.

EDIT: Production value is high coming from James Cameron. But I felt force fed so much info that it sound true and possible. A bit far fetched at some points but definitely not boring.