PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Dealerships: Calgary

Shoebox//Racer
04-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Hey guys, my brother just landed a sweet job with IBM in Markham, ONT. They are providing him with a full relocation package ( pretty standard for a company to do this ) from calgary to Ontario, which includes one relocation of a vehicle. IBM takes care of all the details/costs of reregistering and what not so we are planning on getting his car here, and having IBM ship it out to ONT to avoid the PST.

Just wondering what dealerships you guys would recommend us going to for the following makes:

Mazda
Honda
Acura

Location in the city is NOT an issue. Thanks guys!

Mr_ET
04-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Calgary Honda was great with me for the purchase of our new accord a few months ago. Their service dept is also very good but that wont do you guys any good :P

justincalgary
04-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Kramer Mazda was more than a pleasure to deal with. If you go there and ask for Kerry and buy a car, I also get $100 for the referal. If you choose them pm me and I will let you know my name so I can collect my winnings:clap:

Shoebox//Racer
04-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by justincalgary
Kramer Mazda was more than a pleasure to deal with. If you go there and ask for Kerry and buy a car, I also get $100 for the referal. If you choose them pm me and I will let you know my name so I can collect my winnings:clap:

hahaha ok deal. since you were the first to post that if we go with them i'll let you know.

Mr_ET
04-24-2006, 12:34 PM
or you could also say Etienne is sending you i used to be a salesman for Kramer about 10 months ago :P

bobby tulio will take good care of you he is the general new sales manager there!

sputnik
04-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Had a great time dealing with Paul Satterblom at Calgary Honda.

:thumbsup:

HRD2PLZ
04-24-2006, 12:48 PM
I liked Toby @ Silverhill Acura He alwasy treats me well and is upfront and honest. Silverhill sales is good, their Service Department is debateable though. We have also dealt with Michael Allen @ Northwest Acura.

I have heard Kramer for Mazda. But I was also told that the same family owns Kramer, North Hill and part of Sunridge :dunno:

heavyD
04-24-2006, 12:58 PM
Honda West:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow
Crowfoot Honda:thumbsdow
Sunrige Mazda:thumbsdow:thumbsdow

Mr_ET
04-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
I liked Toby @ Silverhill Acura He alwasy treats me well and is upfront and honest. Silverhill sales is good, their Service Department is debateable though. We have also dealt with Michael Allen @ Northwest Acura.

I have heard Kramer for Mazda. But I was also told that the same family owns Kramer, North Hill and part of Sunridge :dunno:

that is correct for the Mazda part the ruparells own them but not sunridge. If you want to be eaten alive then i suggest Sunridge i absolutely hate how i feel when i go there and how they talk to you..

kaput
04-24-2006, 03:37 PM

Shoebox//Racer
04-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
Honda West:thumbsdow:thumbsdow:thumbsdow
Crowfoot Honda:thumbsdow
Sunrige Mazda:thumbsdow:thumbsdow

I take it we should avoid these ones at all costs?

MrMiyagi
04-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Shoebox//Racer
Hey guys, my brother just landed a sweet job with IBM in Markham, ONT. They are providing him with a full relocation package ( pretty standard for a company to do this ) from calgary to Ontario, which includes one relocation of a vehicle. IBM takes care of all the details/costs of reregistering and what not so we are planning on getting his car here, and having IBM ship it out to ONT to avoid the PST.

Just wondering what dealerships you guys would recommend us going to for the following makes:

Mazda
Honda
Acura

Location in the city is NOT an issue. Thanks guys!

Just remember that if you are buying someting new from Alberta, and you decide to register it in Ontario, you will be charged PST on it if you haven't owned it for at least one year. If IBM is paying your 8% PST, then yay. Otherwise, it will be no different than going to a dealership in Ontario. BTW, I beleive that freight is sometimes cheaper in Ontario than here.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/faq/vehicle.htm#used4

If you decide to risk it and insure and register it in Alberta, then you run the risk of having your claim denied should you have a collision in Ontario.

Graham_A_M
04-24-2006, 08:21 PM
I hate Mazda, My two Mx6's are money pits. I REALLY hate Mazda (but thats just me.. dont flame me if your a Mazda fan) but their all I've owned for 7 years now, I'm just not impressed at all. A Lincoln town car can eat my Blue mx6 (in my sig) for breakfast, in terms of EVERYTHING. Yes... its that bad. But If you DO get a Mazda, I absolutely love Kramer Mazda, as does everybody that I refer there. The Service department is a joy to deal with, and everybody really cares about your well being. Its just a GREAT place.. I'll always take my cars there, even if their not Mazda's (which they wont.. trust me) Everybody is really honest, and pushes hard to make sure your car gets fixed properly. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Fords or Lincolns aren't on your list, but if they are... avoid Woodridge & Universal.. I deal with both on a consistent basis, since my limo company uses Lincoln's exclusively: They're both pretty poorly run operations. However a few mechanics at Woodridge are absolutely stellar. Len Rae, and Al Olsen are two phenominal mechanics that really know what their doing. :D

For Advantage Ford (my old workplace) "Monty" and "Kevin" are stellar mechanics as well.

Xtrema
04-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Shoebox//Racer

I take it we should avoid these ones at all costs?

Hell yeah. 10 years and 2 Hondas later, Calgary Honda got the best priceand service in town.

Shoebox//Racer
04-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Hmmm crap, i wasn't aware of that. I'll have to bring this to my family's attention! thanks for the heads up. I <3 beyond.

Originally posted by MrMiyagi

Just remember that if you are buying someting new from Alberta, and you decide to register it in Ontario, you will be charged PST on it if you haven't owned it for at least one year. If IBM is paying your 8% PST, then yay. Otherwise, it will be no different than going to a dealership in Ontario. BTW, I beleive that freight is sometimes cheaper in Ontario than here.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/faq/vehicle.htm#used4

If you decide to risk it and insure and register it in Alberta, then you run the risk of having your claim denied should you have a collision in Ontario.

pr0
04-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Kramer Mazda, ask for Nick. He will hook you up. :D