PDA

View Full Version : BMW Salvage

jpettit
04-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Does anyone have any good places to get parts for BMW's from salvage yards here in Calgary? There is one in town (can't remember the name) that tends to have a lot of VW and Audi parts, but I was hoping there might be someone in town that specialized in BMW salvage.

Thanks.

Weapon_R
04-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Manchester Auto might have what you are looking for.

gp36912
04-24-2006, 06:51 PM
^^^^ down in glenmore industrial area right? ya thats where a few body shop guys told me to go for minor parts i needed. (windshield fluid pumps etc.)

BigBadVlad
04-24-2006, 07:11 PM
They can be a bit pricey IMO... maybe it's just which guy you talk to... I was told $450 (I think, maybe $400) for four used springs and struts out of a wrecked E30. All I wanted were some springs but because they wind up pulling the struts I would have to pay for those anyways. Thanks, $450 for old springs and struts... not the deal I was looking for. I asked about some updated ellipsoid headlights and it was either $200 or $250! They have I don't know how many cars with those headlights sitting their and they want that kinda money? I could by Brand new Hella's for the same or maybe less... But they do have the most older Beemer stuff in town I think. Come to think of it I think there's a place in the Northeast somewhere, around the airport.... German Auto Recyclers?

AllGoNoShow
04-24-2006, 11:26 PM
I wouldn't mind finding another place as well.

Called Manchester awhile ago about a used rim for my E32, wanted $250 PER wheel, I can order them out of the US for $300 for a set, in mint condition. Bloody rip off down there, not even going to bother looking for small parts there because I could buy new online for a few bucks more probably.

Goblin
04-25-2006, 12:11 AM
need some e46 interior stuff :|

GT4rally
04-27-2006, 09:55 PM
I agree... Manchester sucks!
It's way too expensive... I went there for a plastic fuse box cover, which they wanted $25 for. It was $35 from the dealer.
Also, going in there is like stepping into a junk yard out of a crappy B-movie... the office is a shit-hole and the guys look like homeless crack addicts, plus every time I go in there they act like I'm disturbing them. Not my favorite place.

j0nblayz
04-27-2006, 10:42 PM
i called there awhile ago, wanted $350 for a used e36 cluster, these go for like $200 max aywhere. There stuff is way too overpriced.

AllGoNoShow
05-01-2006, 12:14 AM
http://www.bimmerparts.ca/

is a salaveg yard out in BC which coudl ship stuff here if you weren't in a hurry. Haven't checked out their prices yet, waiting for the online system to come back, too lazy to send an email ;)