PDA

View Full Version : Decisions suck?!

snowboard
04-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Which would you chooose.
Here is my dilemma, i drive alot. my freinds and girlfreind all live on the other end of town from me, my dad lives out of town. i drive half way across town for school everyday.

so ive decided to get a new vehicle. im young, but can afford it.
now which would you guys choose.
A brand new Colorado, or a 2001 C320 Mercedes Benz.

either way im gunna get some bling bling rims haha, the colorado would be a black extended cab with the 3500 inline 5 engine.

the C class would be silver 4 door of course with the auto v6...
im only 18, would i look out of place in this car?

Gspotracer
04-24-2006, 03:14 PM
Do yourself a favour and don't buy a Colorado, my 05' was the worst vehicle I ever owned, had to get a lawer involved for GM to buy it back.

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow Colorado

snowboard
04-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Gspotracer
Do yourself a favour and don't buy a Colorado, my 05' was the worst vehicle I ever owned, had to get a lawer involved for GM to buy it back.

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow Colorado

What exactly was the problem?

maybe they worked them out, now that they are on the 3rd Production year?

QuasarCav
04-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Buy an older car.

A brand new Colorado, or a 2001 C320 Mercedes Benz.

I can figure out why you chose these two to pick from.

A 40K civic sedan with leather and a spotty reliability record or a GM truck.

kaput
04-24-2006, 03:25 PM

snowboard
04-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by kaput
I would recommend something cheaper or better on gas (preferably both). How can you afford this if your only 18? There are more important things in life. But with that said, its your money. I would consider getting a Dakota if you want a truck, but not the current gen cause they are ass ugly. The prev gen looks a lot like rams but it smaller and super stylish IMO (but gets about the same mileage). And you can get one used for a lot less than a new Colorado. I think you would look dumb driving the benz, I would think its daddys car.

well i can afford this cause i did a fast track program through sait and have a great job already.
But yah, thats exactly what i was looking for, i dont really wanna look like im driving my parents vehicle haha...

Gspotracer
04-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by kaput
I would recommend something cheaper or better on gas (preferably both). How can you afford this if your only 18? There are more important things in life. But with that said, its your money. I would consider getting a Dakota if you want a truck, but not the current gen cause they are ass ugly. The prev gen looks a lot like rams but it smaller and super stylish IMO (but gets about the same mileage). And you can get one used for a lot less than a new Colorado. I think you would look dumb driving the benz, I would think its daddys car.

I agree, I bought a 02' Dakota for half the price of my 05' Colorado & I think its a lot better truck, I havn't had any problems yet.

My Colorado was in for service 28 times in the first year for numerous issues from drive train vibrations/rattles, wheel allignment problems, heater fan replacement, master brake cylinder replacment, power steering problems, I can go on and on, not to mention the pathetic service from GM and the Dealership.

I would rather eat garbage than drive another GM vehicle:whipped:

snowboard
04-24-2006, 03:48 PM

I agree, I bought a 02' Dakota for half the price of my 05' Colorado & I think its a lot better truck, I havn't had any problems yet.

My Colorado was in for service 28 times in the first year for numerous issues from drive train vibrations/rattles, wheel allignment problems, heater fan replacement, master brake cylinder replacment, power steering problems, I can go on and on, not to mention the pathetic service from GM and the Dealership.

I would rather eat garbage than drive another GM vehicle:whipped:

shit, well that perfect, thanks for the heads up bro, that truck has now dropped off my list. and i guess if the c320 is considered to be a 40k civic sedan with a shitty history, why bother with that right?
fuck you guys are perfect. i love how easily you answer my questions. thanks guys.

04-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Whats on your list now?

If you still want a truck I would reccomend any of the newer Toyota pick-ups !!:thumbsup:

snowboard
04-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by 5.0
Whats on your list now?

If you still want a truck I would reccomend any of the newer Toyota pick-ups !!:thumbsup:

haha shit, i dont even know now...
i love the toys.. i went to look at an older one with all the 4x4 doodadsss but thats just not practical for how much i drive.

95EagleAWD
04-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by snowboard

i dont really wanna look like im driving my parents vehicle haha...

I'm 22 and I bet everyone thinks the Acura is daddy's car. But it isn't, and I know it, and that's what matters. People who talk to me know it's mine and all those on the street that think otherwise; well, I could care less.

If you want the Benz, buy it. It'll be your car, and you'll know it and your girlfriend will know it, and that should be enough.

Hakkola
04-24-2006, 06:31 PM

shit, well that perfect, thanks for the heads up bro, that truck has now dropped off my list. and i guess if the c320 is considered to be a 40k civic sedan with a shitty history, why bother with that right?
fuck you guys are perfect. i love how easily you answer my questions. thanks guys.

:rofl: :rofl: While I don't like the c class cars, comparing them to a civic is rediculous, they're actually pretty nice to drive, I had to drive one for a week a couple times while my car was in the shop. Decent pick up, nice interior, good ride, pretty pimp car, I just don't like the look of them unless you mod them.

Colorado I hate, gas prices are going up and you say you have to drive across town. Judging from the fact you're looking at a truck and a c class I'll make the assumption that you don't NEED a truck, there by making it pretty useless. I hate it when people drive trucks and never need to carry loads in the back. :thumbsdow

Get the c class, we could use more benz's on here. :thumbsup: Have you test drove the c class yet?

Barrington
04-24-2006, 06:35 PM
The C-Class is a nice car, surely much more classy than any of your other options. Test drive it and feel the ride of the benz, you'll love it.

Supa Dexta
04-24-2006, 06:42 PM

with comments like those you'd be in heaven if you bought an import truck...

:thumbsup:

snowboard
04-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

:rofl: :rofl: While I don't like the c class cars, comparing them to a civic is rediculous, they're actually pretty nice to drive, I had to drive one for a week a couple times while my car was in the shop. Decent pick up, nice interior, good ride, pretty pimp car, I just don't like the look of them unless you mod them.

Colorado I hate, gas prices are going up and you say you have to drive across town. Judging from the fact you're looking at a truck and a c class I'll make the assumption that you don't NEED a truck, there by making it pretty useless. I hate it when people drive trucks and never need to carry loads in the back. :thumbsdow

Get the c class, we could use more benz's on here. :thumbsup: Have you test drove the c class yet?

well if i bought a colorado, the soul purpose would be to haul a dirt bike around.. so thats not necisarrily(sp?) the case for me haha

No i havent test drivin the c class yet, i found one i might be checking out this week though.

gp36912
04-24-2006, 06:49 PM
between the 2 i would pick the c-class for sure. don't care what their opinions on the cars are. as long as you like it and its not gonna crap out on you then its a go. i myself would look for a nice 5 series sedan or a nice audi v8, these 2 and the merc may seem like a older mans car but you get respect when you pull up in one of them. much more than if you had pulled up in a colorado.

kevie88
04-24-2006, 06:52 PM
I would never, ever ever in this lifetime choose the GMC over the MB. That GMC would also suck as a dirtbike hauler, you'd be way better off getting a real truck.

God damn those are ugly too!

euro_racer
04-24-2006, 06:54 PM
i wouldnt consider a truck if i wanted to save on gas BUT......

if i was to get a truck i would deffinately go with this beast in manual :drool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/karnaibsg/AJAC20Toyota20Tacoma.jpg

OR the Honda Ridgeline, Named 2006 Motor Trend Truck Of The Year

gp36912
04-24-2006, 06:55 PM
^^^^^ hahah or get a true diesel truck, better on gas and hauls ass and whatever else you have in mind lol both work well

Impreza
04-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by gp36912
between the 2 i would pick the c-class for sure. don't care what their opinions on the cars are. as long as you like it and its not gonna crap out on you then its a go. i myself would look for a nice 5 series sedan or a nice audi v8, these 2 and the merc may seem like a older mans car but you get respect when you pull up in one of them. much more than if you had pulled up in a colorado.

If I were to buy a car, I would buy something I want and like. I wouldn't buy a car because of the status it brings or the fact that I would get "respect". Get a car that you like and enjoy, in the end, it is your car, doesn't matter what others think!

That's JMHO, but hey, what do I know, I drive a civic :D

snowboard
04-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Well, whats the general attitude towards maintaining a c class, maybe even a c240?

im young and all, but i kinda want a classy vehicle..

Neil4Speed
04-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Well, whats the general attitude towards maintaining a c class, maybe even a c240?

im young and all, but i kinda want a classy vehicle..

It seems like you are pretty set on this car, out of curiousity how much are you looking at spending.

snowboard
04-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

It seems like you are pretty set on this car, out of curiousity how much are you looking at spending.

I havent EXACTLY decided yet..
i found a pretty decent one for 22g's
its not like im looking for the best car with the least KM and every option available.. cause thats a little out of reach for me haha...
i could pretty much afford anything under 30g's but im not necisarrilly(fuckin sp?!) looking to spend that much...

i dunno. decisions like this seriously suck so hard. i hate cars some times haha..

gp36912
04-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by gp36912
don't care what their opinions on the cars are. as long as you like it and its not gonna crap out on you then its a go. i myself would look for a nice 5 series sedan or a nice audi v8, these 2 and the merc may seem like a older mans car but you get respect when you pull up in one of them. much more than if you had pulled up in a colorado.

Originally posted by Impreza

If I were to buy a car, I would buy something I want and like. I wouldn't buy a car because of the status it brings or the fact that I would get "respect". Get a car that you like and enjoy, in the end, it is your car, doesn't matter what others think!

That's JMHO, but hey, what do I know, I drive a civic :D

read the first line i quoted.
and like i said that. for me i would look at a 5 series or a audi a4 because one i love those cars, and 2 they get more respect if you show up in one of these at a business meeting than if you have a colorado. i mean don't get me wrong its great if your into trucks but its just not me

AllGoNoShow
04-24-2006, 09:10 PM
You could look into an E38 or E39 BMW (7 or 5 series) for that price in good shape. They aren't overly expensive to maintain if you do some of the work yourself, but they don't need that much in the first place, hell mines still going and I drive alot harder then you probably would :)

I lie the E over the C class Benzo's, little bit more expensive then the C's but a better car overall if you ask me, more refinement, more power, more luxurious, more my kind of car, big boat with power :)

gp36912
04-24-2006, 09:13 PM
^^^^ trust me this guy drives like a madman :D his cars in great shape

Neil4Speed
04-26-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
You could look into an E38 or E39 BMW (7 or 5 series) for that price in good shape. They aren't overly expensive to maintain if you do some of the work yourself, but they don't need that much in the first place, hell mines still going and I drive alot harder then you probably would :)

I lie the E over the C class Benzo's, little bit more expensive then the C's but a better car overall if you ask me, more refinement, more power, more luxurious, more my kind of car, big boat with power :)

I definitely agree with AllShow on all of this.

Another option might be a newer SC400?

ex1z7
04-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Infiniti Q45T
Infiniti G35 Coupe
Infiniti G35 Sedan

Lexus IS200
Lexus IS300
Lexus ES300

Surely you can find any of those for under 30,000.. I know Q45T's are absolutely stunning inside and out, and can be found easily for under 20..

I prefer japanese to german but thats only me, I don't have a 40,000 dollar luxury car ;) But if I had the money, it'd be Lexus or Infiniti..

snowboard
04-26-2006, 11:16 PM
I think i might go with a 323CI, my mothers to be exact haha.
i know its been drivin like a grandma and she said she would give me a deal on it casue she wants a new bimer haha..
so cheap beamer, that has been babied since it was bought, why not eh?

snowboard
04-26-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
hell mines still going and I drive alot harder then you probably would :)

haha i dunnnnnno man, i beat my cars into the ground.
when you start with something old, with a 350 that you can drive into the ground (which i think you did no?) then you grow up with your foot in the carb haha (or injectors? lol).

gp36912
04-26-2006, 11:25 PM
injectors for me :D and ya basically ive seen him drive, he drives the car hard, i drive my car hard but then thats because i know i am gonna end up keeping the car and not selling so it dosn't matter

ex1z7
04-26-2006, 11:28 PM
^ Would you rather keep it and pay for repairs everytime you break something by driving it hard, or save your money by not having to fix it, and spend it on something to make the car better.. ?

=)

Oh and, how is buying your mothers car going to make it look like you aren't driving your mothers car.. ?

Jokes, make it your own !

IncredibleToad
04-26-2006, 11:37 PM
yo B hit the c320, i think you'd look just fine in that haha and make sure u take me for a spin in it once u get it :thumbsup:

*c320 gets my vote
its classy and its got some kick to it (the GF would love it tho im pretty damn sure haha)

IncredibleToad
04-26-2006, 11:37 PM
whoa wait, i thought u have a zonda already

Goblin
04-27-2006, 07:32 PM
IMO, get a 3 series!

iceburns288
04-27-2006, 09:27 PM
A late 90s 5-series like a 540 (maybe an M-sport or whatever they called it) would be much, much better than the C230. My sister's got one and I've driven it and while it's alright, it's definitely not a real Mercedes-Benz.:thumbsdow

snowboard
04-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by iceburns288
A late 90s 5-series like a 540 (maybe an M-sport or whatever they called it) would be much, much better than the C230. My sister's got one and I've driven it and while it's alright, it's definitely not a real Mercedes-Benz.:thumbsdow

i hate the c230
read better homie haha
said c320. much much MUCH nicer car.
in my opinion at least.

snowboard
05-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Haha, incase anyone was wondering, i went the totally opposite way of a mercedes, I'll post pictures later tonight if i get the tiem haha :D