PDA

View Full Version : Which radar detector is better?

Jaso8900
04-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Ok im sure everyone asks this question but could you please tell me which radar detector is better and why. I want one that picks up the new "POP" instant on radar because it just came into my area. So which is better:

1.Passport 8500 X50
or
2.Solo S2 Cordless Radar Detector

I want one that picks up the "POP" band. So which is better and why. Thanks

Jason

R-Audi
04-24-2006, 09:27 PM
USE THE F'IN SEARCH FUNCTION!

Oh, dont ever buy cordless.

3.4L-QUADCAM
05-04-2006, 11:50 AM
x50 all the way. It has been rated as the best radar detector in the world by every performance magazine at the same time is had been tested by www.radartest.com which is a website that test all radar detectors to prove what they can and can't do. Plus the x50 has a feature that it will be able to pick two radar signals at the same time so if there is a cop across from you on the other side of the road and a cop ahead of you it is able to pick up both unlike other radar detector that just pick up the closest to you which could be a cop across the street. Also the x50 has a feature where if you went to Eastern Canada where it is not legal to use radar detectors it will shut itself from broadcasting if you are getting checked whether if you have a radar detector and send a false signal. Plus the 8500 x50 is one of the only radar detectors that could be sent for upgrades and give the longest range which is almost 7.5 miles works out to about 12km in distance and that is very important because distance is effected by weather if it is cloudy or rainy light deos not travel as well and it causes range to go down. If you want to know more about it send a pm, i have been working with this paticular series for over three years.

Lo)2enz0
05-04-2006, 01:48 PM
the cheapest one is finding someone with a detector and following them. i do it all the time and i am on the highway every second weekend.

never gotten a ticket and i have been doing this for almost a year

2002civic
05-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by 3.4L-QUADCAM
x50 all the way. It has been rated as the best radar detector in the world by every performance magazine at the same time is had been tested by www.radartest.com which is a website that test all radar detectors to prove what they can and can't do. Plus the x50 has a feature that it will be able to pick two radar signals at the same time so if there is a cop across from you on the other side of the road and a cop ahead of you it is able to pick up both unlike other radar detector that just pick up the closest to you which could be a cop across the street. Also the x50 has a feature where if you went to Eastern Canada where it is not legal to use radar detectors it will shut itself from broadcasting if you are getting checked whether if you have a radar detector and send a false signal. Plus the 8500 x50 is one of the only radar detectors that could be sent for upgrades and give the longest range which is almost 7.5 miles works out to about 12km in distance and that is very important because distance is effected by weather if it is cloudy or rainy light deos not travel as well and it causes range to go down. If you want to know more about it send a pm, i have been working with this paticular series for over three years.
good info but hes in the states so i doubt he will have to worry about travelling to eastern canada

Jonathan@TCS
05-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Bel RX65

JAYMEZ
05-08-2006, 12:12 PM
V1 1.8 lol , better than all above.
I have the passport 8500 as well , its not that great.

euro.roma
05-09-2006, 04:40 PM
ummm cops in calgary use laser detectors, there are like 2-3 radars in calgary maybe less, I say get urself something against lasers, theres a huge lecture in here about this u should look for it, get informed before wasting money. Just my 2 cents. Wont work at all in city anywway.