PDA

View Full Version : JDM Oxygen Sensor

Envitro
04-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if the JDM 3SGTE oxygen sensor is the same as for the USDM models (I've been told it's a four-wire sensor). I would assume that it is since my o2 sensor appears to be just one wire.

Has anyone had to replace theirs? If so, how much did it cost?

Thanks,

Van

mr2mike
04-25-2006, 07:37 PM
I did an engine swap on a JDM engine and the O2 sensor was a different connector than the US motor.

I forget which is which tho. I can check my car and let you know how many wires it has since I have a US motor.

Let me know

Envitro
04-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Yeah, that'd be great. I know that there are two O2 sensors on the 3S, but I'm talking about the one right by the turbo (right side of the turbo) that's sticking right out at a diagonal angle.

mr2mike
04-26-2006, 02:44 PM
3S-GTE motors only have one O2 sensor and I checked, mine is the four wire style, which I assume is on all North American motors.

Envitro
04-26-2006, 03:48 PM
really? I could have sworn that they had two O2 sensors. I'll try and find the page where I read that, and I'm sure that the Diag port has Ox1 and Ox2 ports on it.

Thanks for the info though :)

mr2mike
04-26-2006, 07:10 PM
I think it says for the 5S motors they have two. But if I remember right, its only the Cali cars that do.

My car is from California and it doesn't have two O2 sensors but I do have to override my EGR sensor with a resistor in the ecu connector.

If you find where it says it, show me tho.

Ek9Max
04-26-2006, 10:05 PM
jdm have 1 O2. And an EGT at the bottom of the cat.

Envitro
04-27-2006, 12:27 AM
I guess I was smoking something 'cause I can't find the page now that I thought mentioned something about there being 2 o2 sensors in the 3sgte. No worries. At least I don't have to worry about replacing two of them now :)

Still though, nobody here has had to replace it on their JDM MR2's yet?

Envitro
04-27-2006, 08:33 AM
Ok, so buddy from Japan comes back and says it'll be approx. $370CDN for a new JDM oxygen sensor for my car. It seems extremely high for this part. I'm in the process of getting another quote from someone else. Geez.:confused:

Envitro
05-02-2006, 11:34 PM
The other quote came in for just about the same amount, so I waited to see if the new cap, rotor, and wires would do the trick, and sure enough the car went and fixed itself after that.

I'm running at 10PSI right now (stock) whereas I could only get up to as high as 5 with the old cap/rotor/wires combo. The sluggishness that I mentioned in the other post is gone and the car is running smoothly now. Thanks for your help everyone! Don't need a new O2 sensor at this point.