PDA

View Full Version : Al-Jazeera (sp?)

van
03-27-2003, 05:42 PM
Al-Jazeera web site goes online and gets hacked. "Let Freedom Ring" posted on web site.

I guess some Americans don't agree with the web site and the news it has to offer its viewers.

hjr
03-27-2003, 07:19 PM
OK

rsxrsx
03-27-2003, 07:21 PM
I'm a little :confused: as to what your saying...please explain:D

hjr
03-27-2003, 07:31 PM
Ok, i think your saying thats bad??? well i agree. Al-Jazeera has nothing to do with iraq. I was bankrolled by a saudi leader (famous but i cant remember his name) in the mid 60's and is now based in Qatar. it is a arab muslim network, but that about sums it up.

Weapon_R
03-27-2003, 07:46 PM
Al-Jazeera is an arabic language news channel that is the equivalent to CNN. It has representatives in almost every country.

I suspect the network was hacked because it is one of the various world networks that actually shows the truth about what is happening in Iraq. It does not glorify the war, and is given precedence for news as opposed to CNN for issues in the Middle East. Al-Jazeera has special ties to many of the smaller arab networks and gets much of it's footage from them.

It is not affiliated with Iraq, although Iraqi TV does use them to transmit facts about the war that aren't shown by our lovely CNN. Since they are the most affluent Arabic news station, that is why they were targeted; most likely by some retard who associates all Arabs with terrorists/Iraqi dictators etc.

mwmhong
03-27-2003, 08:18 PM
Here's the scoop:

http://news.com.com/1200-1025-994369.html

Phats
03-27-2003, 08:54 PM
bloody americans don't like the truth when it involves them not being the heros

Ajay
03-27-2003, 11:56 PM
When this whole Iraq thing started I right away thought of turning to CNN or MSNBC but a friend of mine at work told me I should watch BBC World cause it has better coverage.

While the pics and videos might not be as detailed and viewer friendly BBC World is all I watch now when I wanna see what's going on in Iraq because they actually give an unbiased view of what's going on...it's not pro american like CNN.

CNN is all propaganda anyway...I hate it...except for Lou...Lou's my idol!

Weapon_R
03-28-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Ajay
it's not pro american like CNN.

As opposed to being pro-British?

van
03-28-2003, 01:36 AM
Sorry bit stoned when I posted that. Should've typed out more detail but yeah, Weapon_R sumed it up nicely. thanks.

Glowrider
03-28-2003, 04:44 PM
People are mad because Al-Jazeera aired the video and photos of the POW's, while alive and dead. That's a violation of the Geneva Convention. I really can't say that I feel sorry for their misfortunes regarding their website.

hjr
03-28-2003, 06:28 PM
True. Ohh well, it proves that none of us are any better than any others. I say this because im pretty sure that the attack didnt originate from the middle east. It most likely came from the western world.

method
03-28-2003, 07:06 PM
Hate to break it to you, but Al-Jazeera never signed the Geneva convention. The country holding the POWs is responsible for them, and the violation in question is that of humiliation. Its up in the air whether or not having representative from Al-Jazeera interviewing them is 'humiliation'. The same filming has been done in Guantanamo bay, so the US is kind of calling the kettle black. Filming dead people violates nothing.

redec
03-29-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by method
Hate to break it to you, but Al-Jazeera never signed the Geneva convention. The country holding the POWs is responsible for them, and the violation in question is that of humiliation. Its up in the air whether or not having representative from Al-Jazeera interviewing them is 'humiliation'. The same filming has been done in Guantanamo bay, so the US is kind of calling the kettle black. Filming dead people violates nothing. :werd:

Ajay
03-29-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

As opposed to being pro-British?

BBC World isn't pro British. They're definetly have less propaganda than CNN. Can't compare the two networks in my opinon.

BBC actually shows coverage in different nations that oppose the war effort....NEVER see that on CNN.

Weapon_R
03-29-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by method
Hate to break it to you, but Al-Jazeera never signed the Geneva convention.

The Geneva Convention!?? The Geneva Convention IS DEAD

The US sets the prime example for ignoring this convention, so I hardly think a news station is going to.

Besides that, if it weren't for the taping of the POWs, we'd all still be led to believe that there have been no US casualties thus far.

GTS Jeff
03-29-2003, 06:40 PM
heh this morning i woke up thinking, "im gonna name my kid 'al-jazeera'"