PDA

View Full Version : Red 90sumthin' Dodge Neon (Citadel)

topher91
03-27-2003, 05:47 PM
Has ne one seen this car?? It has aftermarket front and rear bumpers(not sure bout side skirts), duel DTM style loudass exhaust, and stock rims. He lives in Citadel, u in here buddy??

Illusionsir
03-27-2003, 07:16 PM
ya ive seen him, he has no side skirts, i think he has the blitz replica for his neon!

SI-vic
03-28-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by topher91
Has ne one seen this car?? It has aftermarket front and rear bumpers(not sure bout side skirts), duel DTM style loudass exhaust, and stock rims. He lives in Citadel, u in here buddy??

hahaha did he do something wrong?
sounds like he's in trouble....

Gondi Stylez
03-28-2003, 03:29 AM
sounds like a POS 2 me!

redevil
03-28-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez
sounds like a POS 2 me!

Yea tell me about it! Try going to sleep at night and him down shifting into a lower gear....it's just tooooo loud. And when he gets to his garage; I don't know if his clutch is bad or he just doesn't know how to drive up a little incline but he seems to rev the hell out of his car at ALL TIMES OF THE DAY. Its only a NEON !!!

hjr
03-28-2003, 10:44 AM
IMO most loud exhaust sucks, no matter what car its on. Its just freaken anoying. Especially when that is like the only mod, or close too on the car. My bud has a MK2 Jetta that he got big bumpers and single round headlights for, then ruined it by getting 2" exhaust strait through to 1 ractive muffler to slow down the air. It is sooooo loud that when you sit in the back seat, you actually get a massage... its pretty gay

HK2NR
03-28-2003, 05:18 PM
he was following me today.... :rofl::rofl: that's all i gotta say!

rice_eater
03-31-2003, 01:30 AM
YES that's my car motherlovers...i have realized it's loud :confused: If it's too loud well i'll take it easy around the block but dont just start dissing it like just another neon with a fart can! If you really care (and you probably dont) these are the current mods: cold air intake, full catback exhaust, removed cat (yes that's why it's so loud!!!), headers, computer, larger throttle body, and for the last 2 days i've been installing bigger cams, with new springs, my underdrive pulley and new motor mounts...i decided to say fuck it with the looks and focus on the engine. I couldnt care less about no sideskirts and no rims :poosie: And if you guys think my car is loud, what do you think about that white mustang across the street? :love: So yeah...

rice_eater
03-31-2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by HK2NR
he was following me today.... :rofl::rofl: that's all i gotta say!

Why dont you run me next time?:poosie: :D

HK2NR
03-31-2003, 01:33 AM
dude that's pretty pimped out mods for a neon.. props on givin that thing more power... toss in a resonator dude

HAHAHA when i fix up my oil leaks we can have a go

rice_eater
03-31-2003, 01:38 AM
you know what...lately the loudness has been getting to me...it was "cool" when it was my second mod about a year ago but yeah lately i've been having second thoughts. Maybe taking out the cat wasnt the greatest idea. BUt i'd rather have it sounding stupid loud and flowing like a mofo than just having a "nice, cool" little bumble bee sound that barely flows better than stock. And with my future mods it WILL actually be functional!:thumbsup:

HK2NR
03-31-2003, 01:39 AM
what's the diameter of your piping right now?

ecstasy_civic
03-31-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by HK2NR
dude that's pretty pimped out mods for a neon.. props on givin that thing more power... toss in a resonator dude

HAHAHA when i fix up my oil leaks we can have a go

you know wher to get them fixed :rofl: :clap:

rice_eater
03-31-2003, 01:41 AM
2.5"

ecstasy_civic
03-31-2003, 01:44 AM
it says you drive a turbo neon? didnt see that in your list of mods:confused:

HK2NR
03-31-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

you know wher to get them fixed :rofl: :clap:

HAHA for sure man i just have no fuggin time nowadays.. GAH!

Originally posted by rice_eater
2.5"

haha wanna buy my resonator!? hehe i find mine is tooo quiet

ecstasy_civic
03-31-2003, 01:45 AM
dude sell me your resonator, how big is it?
im getting all my exhaust redone tommorow

rice_eater
03-31-2003, 01:46 AM
If i wrote plain neon you'd all diss it like everyone earlier did! At least you'd give it half a chance before you trash it:D

HK2NR
03-31-2003, 01:47 AM
i forgot how long it was it's still welded onto my car.. my dad stole my car for the day and put it on and i don't remember.. i believe diameter was 2.5"

ecstasy_civic
03-31-2003, 01:47 AM
lol true, are you really going to make it a turbo neon?

2.5"!!!!!!!! sell it to me cheap, and ill give it back when my motor goes in, my new exhaust is to loud. ill cut it out at speedtech tommorow! lol

HK2NR
03-31-2003, 01:49 AM
ahhahaha... dude i have class tomorrow and i don't have the bling to put in a straight pipe

rice_eater
03-31-2003, 01:52 AM
it would be the ultimate goal. I guess throwing so much money into a neon isn't exactly a very popular idea but it's a really good car to work on since everything is fairly basic, and since i'm only learning about cars i need something to work on that if i blow up it'll be easily replaceable. After i figure shit out i'll get rid of it for, i guess, a "real" sports car. I guess having done all of the work myself (except the exhaust obviously) without any priour knowledge proves that :rolleyes:

ecstasy_civic
03-31-2003, 01:52 AM
ill buy you the pipe if you sell me the resonator cheap!
i just dont want to pay someone 75+ for a resonator.

HK2NR
03-31-2003, 01:54 AM
what time are you at speedtech?

ecstasy_civic
03-31-2003, 01:55 AM
probably all day lol

i dunno ill be there off and on tommorow.
call my cell

HK2NR
03-31-2003, 01:56 AM
haha pm me your cell
i'm off class at 2...

ecstasy_civic
03-31-2003, 01:57 AM
k well ill be running around from noon-4 so no problem, ill be there in between. going out for some more estimates.:thumbsup:

HK2NR
03-31-2003, 01:59 AM
rice eater should come down to speedtech man.. i wanna see your engine :thumbsup:

finboy
03-31-2003, 02:07 AM
it would be the ultimate goal. I guess throwing so much money into a neon isn't exactly a very popular idea but it's a really good car to work on since everything is fairly basic, and since i'm only learning about cars i need something to work on that if i blow up it'll be easily replaceable. After i figure shit out i'll get rid of it for, i guess, a "real" sports car. I guess having done all of the work myself (except the exhaust obviously) without any priour knowledge proves that :rolleyes:

you would be suprised with how well neon's respond with a turbo, but i agree, ditch the loud exhaust, my jetta has terribly loud exhaust (2 1/4, 1 dynomax muffler, ugh) that the previous owner put it, i HATE it.

speedracer
03-31-2003, 02:41 AM
Real sports car have 4 Cyclinders ;)

Resonator will help a little but not as much as you would want.

rice_eater
03-31-2003, 02:42 AM
Yeah some of the turbo numbers are pretty nice, especially for an econobox! I have no idea where speedtech is :eek: and my car is in no condition to be driven. The engine is still ripped appart in my garage. I finally managed to get everything ripped off it today and got the cam and cam gear on. The underdrive pulley is also sitting next to the car waiting to go on and i'm in school till 9:30 pm tomorrow :banghead: Hopefully the car will be running again in a couple days, then starts the endless tuning of the cam gear for peak power but i'm definately gonna enjoy that :clap: Oh yeah...it may be even longer now that i realized my fucking torque wrench only goes to a weak ass 50ft/lb of torque!!! :dunno: and some of these bolts go up to i think 120ft/lb :banghead: Anyone know of a shop where they loan them? Crappytire and all the auto parts stores i asked around at dont lend any out coz no one returns them...meh...one day i'll make my way down:thumbsup:

rice_eater
03-31-2003, 02:46 AM
Got no intention of putting one on or doing anything to make it quieter. But i guess i will slow down around the block if people really bitch that much. Just dont bitch about it...ask nicely...if it's that big of a deal walk the 100 feet and say so nicely and i got no problem with that. I'm out a lot working on my car so i'm sure you can catch me one day :bullshit: But don't be an asshole and bitch at my mom!

Illusionsir
03-31-2003, 03:45 AM
hey rice_eater, where abouts do you live? i see your car all the time too.

finboy
03-31-2003, 04:39 AM
Yeah some of the turbo numbers are pretty nice, especially for an econobox! I have no idea where speedtech is :eek: and my car is in no condition to be driven. The engine is still ripped appart in my garage. I finally managed to get everything ripped off it today and got the cam and cam gear on. The underdrive pulley is also sitting next to the car waiting to go on and i'm in school till 9:30 pm tomorrow :banghead: Hopefully the car will be running again in a couple days, then starts the endless tuning of the cam gear for peak power but i'm definately gonna enjoy that :clap: Oh yeah...it may be even longer now that i realized my fucking torque wrench only goes to a weak ass 50ft/lb of torque!!! :dunno: and some of these bolts go up to i think 120ft/lb :banghead: Anyone know of a shop where they loan them? Crappytire and all the auto parts stores i asked around at dont lend any out coz no one returns them...meh...one day i'll make my way down:thumbsup:

i'd try partsource or autovalue for loaning out tools.

as for speedtech, isn't that on 32nd?

topher91
03-31-2003, 10:51 AM
Dude, I don't bitch at your mom. The guy that drives hat 5.0 Stang across the street is my buddy (and his car has balls that's why it sounds like that) and he doesn't come burning around the block like you waking up my parents and quit fuking staring at my GF in her Civic when she's down here cuz she's getting creeped out by you and no, she don't want to race.............That's all I ask.
Fair enough? :dunno: :D

rice_eater
03-31-2003, 11:18 AM
:clap: you must be proud :thumbsup: Creeping your girlfriend out??? I happen to think your car is pretty nice and i like checking it out. I couldnt care less about your girl! :guns: The mustang of course sounds loud coz it has ballz and frankly i'd love to find out what he did to it and stuff :burnout: . Of course he doesnt come racing around the block at night i never said that. He has woken me up a couple mornings but i couldnt care less :D So how bout you man...what did you do to that little thing? Any engine stuff? Either way it looks really nice now that you got your rims back on and shined it up all nicely :thumbsup:

rice_eater
03-31-2003, 11:20 AM
oh yeah...what i meant about bitching at my mom was that dont come and say it to her, just be nice enough to tell me. Didnt want to make it sound like you already did before :)

ConVict
03-31-2003, 05:51 PM
Rice_eater sounds nice enough to me, unless he starts gunning it around on purpose. Glad to see you like go over show :thumbsup: Keep up the good work

redevil
03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Hey rice_eater that would be appreciated if you did slow down around the block... not telling you how to drive but you probably don't need to down shift into the lowest gear coming around the corner. I'm not sure what gear your in, but it sounds like you drop it all the way to first? oh and when you get into your garage it is probably a good idea not to rev it up in there as well... it just echos it even more. Thanks for your understanding....what's your name by the way?
Ariane:devil:

topher91
03-31-2003, 07:22 PM
Fair enough then Rice-eater. Sorry bout any hard feelings man, and I really mean that.......and props to ya for doing up the engine in ur ride, it does look good too:D . So I hope we have an understanding now dude..........RedEvil is my Brother. Look forward to chatting with you out on our block dude.:clap:

Mckenzie
03-31-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by redevil
Hey rice_eater that would be appreciated if you did slow down around the block... not telling you how to drive but you probably don't need to down shift into the lowest gear coming around the corner. I'm not sure what gear your in, but it sounds like you drop it all the way to first? oh and when you get into your garage it is probably a good idea not to rev it up in there as well... it just echos it even more. Thanks for your understanding....what's your name by the way?
Ariane:devil:

:werd:

6000 RPM is not necessary to get up a driveway. No need to rev the snot out of the engine to move the car.....

I had to harp on ya buddy.....sorry...

;)

rice_eater
03-31-2003, 07:57 PM
hehe..it's good to see we can all get along:) you guys wouldn't happen to have a torque wrench i could borrow for an afternoon would you? If you dont who knows how long it'll be till you get woken up in the middle of the night again :D Oh wait this way you wont lend me one even if you have it :eek: Either way if you need some help working on your ride or tools just come over or drop me a line and i'll try to give ya a hand or some advice (but i dont know too much :banghead: ... yet

George

topher91
03-31-2003, 08:11 PM
Sorry, can't help you out with the tools.......don't have a torque wrench.

szw
03-31-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by topher91
quit fuking staring at my GF in her Civic when she's down here cuz she's getting creeped out by you and no, she don't want to race...........

hahahaha