PDA

View Full Version : Academic Withdrawal?

Diesel2005
04-25-2006, 07:00 PM
I just got a question about academic withdrawal at SAIT.

So lets say I get academic withdrawed from my program because I couldn't meet the GPA. Will I not be able to get student loans for one year?

Godfuader
04-25-2006, 07:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that most post secondary work the same way with academic disqualification where you cannot apply to any other instituition while on the disqualified status (except correspondence re: athabasca) If you are not eligible to apply to any full time college, you technically should be ineligible. :dunno: check with student services though.

Das_Amaretto
04-25-2006, 08:16 PM
That's right, you'll have 6 months grace period, then you make payments for 6 mo for your previous loans, then when you go back u can re-apply for more loans without hassle.

Diesel2005
04-25-2006, 08:49 PM
At SAIT when you get academicaly withdrawn from a program you can't reapply to the same program for 12 months but able to apply to another program.

I just want to know if i'll be to get loans. So I won't be able to get loans for one year?

Ajay
04-27-2006, 12:38 AM
In order to qualify for loans you just have to be a full time student.

Although I don't understand why you would want to go more into debt if you've already been required to withdraw from one program. Might want to re-evaluate the whole education thing.