PDA

View Full Version : Red Light photo radars

jaylo
07-10-2002, 12:21 PM
If you run the yellow light would you still get a ticket. I was driving last nite @ 68 st and 16 ave when it turns yellow and when I got to the other side it turned Red. Am I safe or sorry? Just wondering how these things work

2K255HP
07-10-2002, 12:29 PM
I read that there is a buffer zone
it doesn't actually start taking pictures till it turns red like 3 or so seconds afterwards
its for people who really RUN a red light

i just read it somewhere that that's how it works :dunno:
anyone else have any input into this?

G
07-10-2002, 12:48 PM
http://www.howstuffworks.com/red-light-camera.htm

Superesc
07-10-2002, 01:10 PM
did you see a flash?

redec
07-10-2002, 01:14 PM
I've noticed on the ones downtown, there isn't much of a buffer zone....if the light turns yellow, and you can't stop, you're OK....however if the light turns yellow, and you could've stopped, but you went anyways, then you'll see a flash behind you.....it starts taking pictures about half-way through the yellow light

GothicSmurf
07-10-2002, 01:22 PM
it usually takes two photos, then it judges your speed, and they have it set up where if you're doing like 100 in an 80 zone flying through the yellow, you're gonna get a ticket, but if you go through at like 80, you're not gonna cuz you'd be considered past the point of no return and you didn't gun it

redec
07-10-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by GothicSmurf
it usually takes two photos, then it judges your speed, and they have it set up where if you're doing like 100 in an 80 zone flying through the yellow, you're gonna get a ticket, but if you go through at like 80, you're not gonna cuz you'd be considered past the point of no return and you didn't gun it

they don't factor speed into it at all....the reason they take 2 photos is 1 shows you entering the intersection, the other shows you exitting (otherwise people could say that they stalled in the middle of the intersection or they were turning right on red or something like that)

Audi Kid
07-10-2002, 01:56 PM
that flash is like a fucking nuke went off!! WHOOOOSSSHH ahahaha

jaylo
07-10-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
did you see a flash?

I don't think so...