PDA

View Full Version : Vietnamese Subs!

Pages : [1] 2

Vypros
04-26-2006, 02:55 PM
YUM!

The best place for vietnamese subs (And I"ve tried about 20 shops around calgary) Is by far the LaCay sub shop on 36th st ne just across the street from canadian tire in the humpties/7-11 strip mall. They are located next door to Mezzalunas Pub, and for $3.50 you get the worlds best beef satay sub with a free drink. Can of pop, or my choice, a cold bottle of water to wash down that spicy goodness.

I want you all go to there and order as much subs as you can. I'm making the owner some buy 6 get one free sub member cards, and he said that they are losing money right now. Id hate to see these fine people have their restaurant go under. The service is great and it has a sit down dining area. They serve burgers, chicken wraps, viet subs, salad rolls, spring rolls etc. Pretty good place to eat.

So, everyone GO eat there :) Keep these guys in business, because my $3.50/day isn't really helping all too much lol.

RickDaTuner
04-26-2006, 03:01 PM
thats area is a really bad location if you don't have a huge sign announcing what you have to offer. not to mention that the asain mall is right across the street with a few Bit my Knees sub places

i'll try and help them out though

QuasarCav
04-26-2006, 03:01 PM
You can buy a sub but not my intercooler?

Vypros
04-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
You can buy a sub but not my intercooler? Lol

WWJAI
04-26-2006, 03:15 PM
I've always thought about going to try out this place since I always see the $3.50 deal outside their place. I'll be going there sometime soon to give it a try.....but I doubt it's better than thi thi subs but just sucks driving all the way downtown to get a damn sub

Speed_69
04-26-2006, 03:18 PM
after looking at this thread..i'm going there RIGHT NOW! :D awesome deal :thumbsup:

Vypros
04-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
after looking at this thread..i'm going there RIGHT NOW! :D awesome deal :thumbsup: GET BEEF SATAY YUM OMG ITS SO GOOD.

lexIS300
04-26-2006, 03:45 PM
thi thi's far better

toyboy88
04-26-2006, 04:31 PM
i'm taking your word for it...so ill try it out tomorrow probably anybody know the hours?

v2kai
04-26-2006, 04:34 PM
3.50 for sub and drink i'm down for a try:thumbsup:

Vypros
04-26-2006, 04:36 PM
I prefer beef satay. I absolutely love it.

You guys should go and try it out, and let me know what you think :)

dj_rice
04-26-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by lexIS300
thi thi's far better

:werd:

I also like the place thats in the mall beside Treasures Of China downtown..

jcrules99
04-26-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by lexIS300
thi thi's far better

yeahh.. soo good.. :drool:

Speed_69
04-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Vypros
GET BEEF SATAY YUM OMG ITS SO GOOD.

okay so i went and it's pretty good :thumbsup: got beef satay but gotta admit thi thi is still better. This place isn't bad though, especially with a killer combo deal like this, i'd definitely be going back again someday soon. The people working there were really nice and there's alot of tables to sit at if you want unlike other vietnamese sub shops.
I also recommend everyone to go check it out!

Vypros
04-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Yay another happy customer! :) You cant go wrong for $3.50.

I'm gonna have to switch to veggie or chicken soon. My stomach doesn't like beef too much and I had a beef one today for lunch and spaghetti for dinner :(

wildrice
04-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

:werd:

I also like the place thats in the mall beside Treasures Of China downtown..

That IS thi thi. Well their original location.

Ben
04-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by wildrice

That IS thi thi. Well their original location.

No it's not.

INSIDE the mall is a different place. Great place at that, always give me free popsicles. They got my business after the rediculous lineups for Thi This.

S4maniac
04-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Thi Thi downtown is freakin fantastic. Though they will make fun of you if you wear an Oiler Jersey when ordering. Satay Beef .. made perfect with that little sprinkle of crack they put in it!

dennisaur
04-26-2006, 08:28 PM
yeah the one downtown makes good subs but it's a pain the ass to go there, find parking, and then endure a ridiculous lineup when they're busy. so i end up going to the sub shop by lucky's supermarket near forest lawn hs and i've been pretty happy with them as well.

i'm gonna give that place you mentioned a try tomorrow for lunch.:thumbsup:

wildrice
04-26-2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Ben

No it's not.

INSIDE the mall is a different place. Great place at that, always give me free popsicles. They got my business after the rediculous lineups for Thi This.

whoops, yea, read it wrong, I thought he said BESIDE the mall

GQBalla
04-26-2006, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Vypros
......... Is by far the LaCay sub shop on 36th st ne just across the street from canadian tire in the humpties/7-11 strip mall. They are located next door to Mezzalunas Pub..........

is this place the one near pho xuan? and tigers the pool hall?

wildrice
04-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

is this place the one near pho xuan? and tigers the pool hall?

yea!
Speaking of, Pho xuan makes amazing pho!!

GQBalla
04-26-2006, 10:53 PM
pho zuan is good but they really need to clean that place up..
the only time ive seen it clean was when it first opened

Ajay
04-27-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Ben

No it's not.

Yah the one inside the mall is :thumbsup:

I think I prefer it to Thi Thi for the same reason....less busy and still amazing subs.

dennisaur
04-27-2006, 12:43 PM
okay so i went to that lacay place for a viet sub today, and i agree that it's pretty good. the place looks good as well, they actually have a dine-in area which is a first out of all the vietnamese sub places i've been to hehe...

and with a price of 3.50 for the sub AND a drink... you can't go wrong:thumbsup: :clap:

rc2002
04-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Ben

No it's not.

I'm eating one of those subs right now! I think I'm liking these subs better than Thi Thi's. Awesome subs! :thumbsup:

nonlinear
04-27-2006, 01:37 PM
where exactly is thi thi? i've looked for it driving by but have never figured out exactly where it is. i suppose i could look up the address but oh well

and the place you guys are saying is in the mall... do you guys mean the big mall on centre street, or the one to the east of centre street, underneath the big dim sum place?

likwid
04-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Theres one on 17th ave SW right on the red mile

Weapon_R
04-27-2006, 03:25 PM
I just went there today with a friend, and we both liked it. The food was good and the people are friendly enough. My only complaint is that there were food and drink supplies in a pile right in the dining area, and the place was dirty, but asking for a clean viet place seems to be a luxury in Calgary. Not even close to Thi Thi's though

WWJAI
04-27-2006, 03:44 PM
I went there today as well and I was definitely satisfied with my sate beef combo. Its not as good as thi thi's but its bigger and its deal is unbeatable. Thi thi has a little sprinkle they put in it as well as another sauce and I think that makes it better. Hopefully they keey their $3.50 deal going on because I'll definitely be going back. And now there's finally a good viet sub place in the NE...no longer will I have to travel downtown for one...woo hoooo:clap:

redblack
04-27-2006, 03:46 PM
yeah the subs are good
the owner is super nice
i will definitly go back

That.Guy.S30
04-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
where exactly is thi thi?

we are located at 209 1st st. s.e. its in chinatown right across the street from the harry hays building.

and our second location is at 6th street and 8th ave downtown. (right beside my apartment nightclub)

Originally posted by likwid
Theres one on 17th ave SW right on the red mile
thats not ours. thats thai tai.

cheers

B17a
04-27-2006, 04:31 PM
The King of Viet subs has spoken. Bow down to Thi Thi's! :clap:

I'm there at least once a week, do you put heroin in those things?

BigWill
04-27-2006, 11:49 PM
even if they arent the greatest subs in the world (not saying that they are not) but for $3.50 for a sub and drink, can you really go wrong?:closed:

/////AMG
04-28-2006, 02:57 AM
I've only been to thi thi once, but I think I was so used to the one on 17th (across western) I didn't think ti was too special.
I'll have to try it again.

RickDaTuner
04-28-2006, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by /////AMG
I've only been to thi thi once, but I think I was so used to the one on 17th (across western) I didn't think ti was too special.
I'll have to try it again.

I dont think Thai Thai and Thi Thi are the same place... cuz man if they were, the location on 17th would have a crazy line up going to it

/////AMG
04-28-2006, 05:02 AM
I went to thi thi in downtown, right by the gov't building (cant remember what street), and the othe rone I'm talking about it across western. The name - I can't remember it was 2 years ago, it was right by booster juice or whatever its called.

I'm not talking about the new one which opened where domino's used to be.

Hope that made sense lol.

rockym20
04-28-2006, 10:41 AM
There's a Thi Thi accross the street from the Globe theatre (about a half block down from Chicago Chophouse). The subs are excellent, but the line-ups are really long.

clem24
04-28-2006, 01:25 PM
Just had my first LaCay sub. I must say, I am impressed!! It is very good, the owners are super duper nice, and the sub was very tasty ("fresh" is the best word to describe it). It didn't have that distinctive Thi Thi taste, but then again, it also doesn't have the Thi Thi grease and lard they use inside. Plus, they still use Jalopenos!!! :clap: (hate the pickled Thi Thi peppers).

Overall, I give it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . At $3.50 WITH pop, I give it another :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .

Vypros
04-28-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by clem24
Just had my first LaCay sub. I must say, I am impressed!! It is very good, the owners are super duper nice, and the sub was very tasty ("fresh" is the best word to describe it). It didn't have that distinctive Thi Thi taste, but then again, it also doesn't have the Thi Thi grease and lard they use inside. Plus, they still use Jalopenos!!! :clap: (hate the pickled Thi Thi peppers).

Overall, I give it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . At $3.50 WITH pop, I give it another :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . I'm about to head out and go grab one right now lol :)

Unknown303
04-28-2006, 02:24 PM
Thi Thi's downtown is a sweet Viet Sub shop.

Vypros
04-28-2006, 03:01 PM
how many of you were there today? it's 3pm i just got back from grabbing one, but damn the place was busy and there was quite a big lineup.

vincent-h
04-28-2006, 03:49 PM
I didn't like the subs here.... but that's just my own opinion haha I like the ghetto stuff the sub from the place beside rangdong by forest lawn high school! Go try the beef satay there!
I work almost right beside it

Big Ben Travel ahha

If you see a silver subaru outside pop in say hi we can chat burn some of my time! maybe look for some vacation packages for you and ur lovers! haha

anyways go try la cay just my own opinion that i don't like them as much as other ones.

clem24
04-29-2006, 12:17 AM
It's so funny how taste is so individual. I don't really like that sub place beside rang dong. Something they add into their meat makes it taste funny (a lot of garlic or something). Maybe it's changed? What I do remember was that they had some buy 5 get 1 free thing (and it only came out to about $10 or so). Are they still cheap as hell?

Haven't been to Rang Dong in a while. Maybe I should check it out (I used to go every other day - the owners didn't even bother asking what I wanted, they just brought it) :)

vincent-h
04-29-2006, 12:47 AM
nah its over chargede now its liek 4 bucks a sub haha

Accord_tunerx
05-02-2006, 06:58 PM
address?

Speed_69
05-02-2006, 10:25 PM
went back to lacay subs today..good shiet :thumbsup:

WWJAI
05-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
went back to lacay subs today..good shiet :thumbsup:

me too...it definitely was good...damn now i want another one already

BigWill
05-02-2006, 10:53 PM
just went there today, WELL WORTH THE $3.50, i intend to go there alot more... good deal, good food, cant go wrong, i suggest everyone go there:closed:

BigWill
05-02-2006, 11:10 PM
just went there today, WELL WORTH THE $3.50, i intend to go there alot more... good deal, good food, cant go wrong, i suggest everyone go there:closed:

Gondi Stylez
05-03-2006, 02:22 AM
has anyone tried the thi thi subs in deerfoot meadows?

bluetek
05-03-2006, 02:41 AM
This thread is making me hungry.:drool: For $3.50 I just might have to go outta my way and try this place out.

Originally posted by Gondi Stylez

^Nope haven't. How is it there?

clem24
05-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Gondi Stylez

That ain't Thi Thi. It's Thai Thai or something stupid like that. Those subs don't look like Thai to me.

BTW, while we're on this subject... Just how authentic are viet subs?? Do they actually serve this in Vietnam, or is it just another ginger beef? And if they do serve it in Vietnam, does it actually look and taste like this with the same ingredients?

abyss
05-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by clem24

That ain't Thi Thi. It's Thai Thai or something stupid like that. Those subs don't look like Thai to me.

BTW, while we're on this subject... Just how authentic are viet subs?? Do they actually serve this in Vietnam, or is it just another ginger beef? And if they do serve it in Vietnam, does it actually look and taste like this with the same ingredients?

We had them when we were in Vietnam. They were too spicy for me unfortunately, they're made with the same ingredients as far as I could tell. Although the bread was WAY better, it was sweeter than it is here, maybe they put a bit of honey on it over there?

Bill Cosby
05-03-2006, 12:21 PM
i didnt read this thread at all so im not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but in the past couple of days ive gone over to the golden bell on macleod and 58th for a sub and a taro taro bubble tea,.. its very tasty, definetely recommend!

Vypros
05-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Just went back to LaCay for a couple more beef satays.....YYYYYyUM.

jus_sum_guy
05-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Just tried this place out.

:thumbsup: to the Satay beef and chicken.

I can do without the assorted sub though :barf:

Great deals!!

Got a satay sub, pop, and 4 salad rolls for $6.50 :eek:

Only downside is their subs aren't filling. But nonetheless, they will get my business

Pihsiak
05-04-2006, 01:02 AM
My friend told me that Vietnam used to be a French colony so the bread they use for their subs are actually french bagets* (sp)

And to contribute, I too went to laclay. Awsome deal, got a beef and chicken satey, left the chicken for my mom and dad, my mom ate it all and my dad was sad.

Vypros
05-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Pihsiak
my mom ate it all and my dad was sad. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
my dad was sad when I came home with nothing for him as well. lol

dj_rice
05-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Pihsiak
My friend told me that Vietnam used to be a French colony so the bread they use for their subs are actually french bagets* (sp)

And to contribute, I too went to laclay. Awsome deal, got a beef and chicken satey, left the chicken for my mom and dad, my mom ate it all and my dad was sad.

Well your sort of correct on the French colony thing, but Vietnamese subs werent exactly invented from the Viets, it was more the French influence and use of French baggettes with the Vietnamese culture of adding assort meats, and sauces and pickled veggies thus creating "Vietnamese Sub aka Banh Mi Vietnam" Yummy in your tummy :thumbsup:

Same shit with Fajitas, its not Mexican, its American invented, Tex-Mex cuisine

clem24
05-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Aww who cares about who invented it. If it's served as a regular staple in Vietnam today, then I consider it authentic. I'd like to try what real banh mi and pho tastes like...! Probably :drool: .

It just seems weird to me cause bread isn't generally a common Asian cuisine item. I mean, walk into a Chinese restaurant, and the only bread they serve is deep fried! haha...

ricosuave
05-28-2006, 03:32 PM
bump for an awesome deal at la cay's

the subs are really good and the price is right

the owners are really good people too, buddy who owns it is named jacky.

drop 3.50 and help the guy out!

HRD2PLZ
05-28-2006, 03:42 PM
tried La Cays the other day and $3.50 for a sub and a pop you really can't go wrong :thumbsup:

maximus
05-29-2006, 01:45 AM
Tried La Cays couple weeks ago. Not too bad. I'd rather pay more for the Thi Thi though. Actually, went to Thi Thi last week and now they use that cheap yellow cheese. I hope he was out of the usual so had to use that crap but it absolutely ruined the sub (actually both of them, I'm a pig!). I hope they havn't decided to switch to it indefinately or I'm going to have to visit La Cays more often!

Anyone else find that cheese :barf:

That.Guy.S30
05-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by maximus
Tried La Cays couple weeks ago. Not too bad. I'd rather pay more for the Thi Thi though. Actually, went to Thi Thi last week and now they use that cheap yellow cheese. I hope he was out of the usual so had to use that crap but it absolutely ruined the sub (actually both of them, I'm a pig!). I hope they havn't decided to switch to it indefinately or I'm going to have to visit La Cays more often!

Anyone else find that cheese :barf:

sorry about that.

there was none of the regular cheese stock left, so i had to pick up whatever was left, unfortunately it was the yellow stuff.

B17a
05-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Thi Thi, are you jacking up your prices too at the Chinatown location? I know the guys on 8th are bumping it up a quarter (not that it'll stop me).:drool:

RX_EVOLV
05-30-2006, 11:12 AM
damnit $3.50 sounds so tempting but its over 20km away according to google map. maybe I will just stock up on satay beef next time I'm in the area. I like the place in the Mall beside Treasure of China, and they said I can call like 5 min ahead and they will bring the sub out so I dont have to park my car and go inside, thats pretty good service imo :D

cujo_cjc
05-30-2006, 11:19 AM
Has anyone tried that place on 7th ave I believe. Its by TD?
Thinking about heading there for lunch tomorrow

That.Guy.S30
05-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by B17a
Thi Thi, are you jacking up your prices too at the Chinatown location? I know the guys on 8th are bumping it up a quarter (not that it'll stop me).:drool:

to be honest, i am not sure.

the franchise directors have been playing with that idea for awhile now. i am against it but i have very little say. ill check when i meet up with the directors next time.

cujo_cjc
06-02-2006, 01:30 PM
I went to Thi Thi's on Tuesday for the very first time. It was really good. Probably the best Viet sub Ive had.
However...the my girlfriends stomach didnt feel too good after she had hers. And I went back yesterday to have one and I didnt feel too good after either. Maybe its that special soy sauce? :dunno:

Regardless..those subs are good! :D

That.Guy.S30
06-02-2006, 08:15 PM
^^ its the hot peppers. they are good to eat, but pack alot of heat.

JordanEG6
06-02-2006, 08:39 PM
^^ u have the best subs ever! i just had them today, your beside my barber so i stopped by, and man they are GOOOD

nicks
06-03-2006, 02:36 PM
hehe yeah I got 5 subs delivered from Thi Thi to my friends house when we needed some munchies, very tasty and well worth the delivery costs :thumbsup:

Gonna go visit LaCay this afternoon and give it a try :D

That.Guy.S30
06-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by nicks
hehe yeah I got 5 subs delivered from Thi Thi to my friends house when we needed some munchies, very tasty and well worth the delivery costs :thumbsup:

Gonna go visit LaCay this afternoon and give it a try :D

sorry but i think you have us mixed up with another store. as far as i know we dont deliver.

jordanEG6,
im glad you enjoyed them. ill tell my pops.

dj_rice
06-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

sorry but i think you have us mixed up with another store. as far as i know we dont deliver.

jordanEG6,
im glad you enjoyed them. ill tell my pops.

So when did this thread become a Give Props to Thi Thi Subs?I thought it was originally about Banh Mi La Cay?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Oh wells..Thi Thi rocks...was gonna try La Cay on Friday but I was already full from Thi Thi's + Try Again BBT

That.Guy.S30
06-03-2006, 05:20 PM
^^ lol. hey im not taking anything away from them.

i am only here to respond to comments haha

zain123
06-04-2006, 06:46 PM
was at THI THI last nite .. awesome food once again :thumbsup:
dont know if u were the one who helped us but the sub that we got for our friend with the "extra" stuff wasnt enuf.. he ate it n didn notice nethin.. :(

cujo_cjc
06-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Went to Lacay over the weekend with my girlfriend.
I thought the sub was really good. I really liked the garlic tasting mayo on it. And it was probably the best $3.50 I have ever spent.

Wish they had one somewhere downtown :(
Thi Thi's is still good though. Ill probably go there twice this week :)

nonlinear
06-05-2006, 01:38 PM
went to lacay on saturday. sub was great, and i can't beleive you can get it with a pop for only $3.50.

now they just need to put one at the university, increase the price to $5 (captive market), i'd be happy as hell, and they'd make a killing

eb0i
06-05-2006, 02:36 PM
I have never tried a sub at this laCay place but it sounds not too bad so I will have to make a trip sometime.

As for authenticity of the subs. From what I know is that actual Viet Subs use French Baguettes and the O.G. of viet subs was banh mi thit nguoi (cold cuts). This is made of french inspired cold cuts, with a viet twist. As for Sate's and such I believe that's more of a north american twist. Personally I still love a good cold cut sub.

I usually buy my subs from My Xuan on 17th Ave. S.E. I either get the thit nguoi one or if I have time I will order a Nem Nuong one (BBQ pork balls) :drool:

I'm also not a fan of cheese in the baguette. Now I definitely know that is not viet style and only has been added here. For when I'm down in California I have yet to see a viet sub with cheese on it (unless you order a ham/roast beef baguette).

I'm freakin' hungry now!

B17a
06-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by cujo_cjc
I went to Thi Thi's on Tuesday for the very first time. It was really good. Probably the best Viet sub Ive had.
However...the my girlfriends stomach didnt feel too good after she had hers. And I went back yesterday to have one and I didnt feel too good after either. Maybe its that special soy sauce? :dunno:

Regardless..those subs are good! :D

Yeah the sate beefs used to give me digestive issues as well. I'm a chicken man now! Probably didn't help that I used to pound back 2 of them at a time!:drool:

nonlinear
06-05-2006, 04:01 PM
i'm not a viet sub expert, but can someone tell me why everyone says thi-thi's has the best subs?

i've been meaning to get down there for a sub for like 3 years, but to me it's just a sub and not worth driving for so long

but maybe i've been missing something?

jus_sum_guy
06-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by eb0i
I usually buy my subs from My Xuan on 17th Ave. S.E. I either get the thit nguoi one or if I have time I will order a Nem Nuong one (BBQ pork balls) :drool:

MY fav place for subs! :thumbsup:

B17a
06-05-2006, 04:06 PM
i'm not a viet sub expert, but can someone tell me why everyone says thi-thi's has the best subs?

i've been meaning to get down there for a sub for like 3 years, but to me it's just a sub and not worth driving for so long

Its the best for one reason - best tasting! YEs there is cheaper and yes, unless you're downtown its a bitch to get to. But they have the best tasting sate chickens around. I've been to other places that have this shitty shredded chicken with no kick to it. Their bread also tastes better which is probably not true as I'm sure they all order from the same place. Bottom line is the sate sauce which the chicken sits in is the best around.

LEB MAFIA
06-06-2006, 01:32 PM
THE BEST VIT SUBS IN THE WORLD PLS COME AND BUY ALSO TELL THEM*ADAM*REFERED YOU.

LEB MAFIA
06-06-2006, 01:34 PM
LA CAY'S:D :D

Weapon_R
06-06-2006, 01:37 PM

They are closer to you in the NW than La Cay would have been. The place is good because the food is awesome, the people are clean and friendly, and the prices are really good. La Cay sucks compared to Thi Thi.

sputnik
06-06-2006, 02:07 PM
So is Thi Thi pronounced "Tie Tie" or "Tee Tee"?

nonlinear
06-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

They are closer to you in the NW than La Cay would have been. The place is good because the food is awesome, the people are clean and friendly, and the prices are really good. La Cay sucks compared to Thi Thi.

yea, thi thi's is definately closer to me than la cay, but i had to go out to T&T etc. so thought i'd hit it up.

ima try thi thi's later this week.

cujo_cjc
06-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
So is Thi Thi pronounced "Tie Tie" or "Tee Tee"?

I was actually wondering that too.

I say 'Tee-Tees' and my gf says 'Thee-Thees'
Watch us both be wrong..lol

Vietsta
06-06-2006, 02:54 PM
i've tryed it, good sub for a good price, props

eb0i
06-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by cujo_cjc

I was actually wondering that too.

I say 'Tee-Tees' and my gf says 'Thee-Thees'
Watch us both be wrong..lol

you are right your gf is wrong.

bulaian
06-07-2006, 06:35 AM
i love LaCay's. My work is about a 3 minute drive from there. Used to get probably 4 subs a week from there.... mmmm I think I'll go back today.

Fivewayradio
06-07-2006, 01:30 PM
My office is on the same block as Thi Thi. The rib sub rules the universe. I had to stop getting the peppers on them though because they....uh....hurt.....um....later.

lint
06-07-2006, 03:28 PM
Tried out La Cay last night. Not bad, but Thi Thi is still better.
The saute didn't have enough kick to it.

WWJAI
06-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by bulaian
i love LaCay's. My work is about a 3 minute drive from there. Used to get probably 4 subs a week from there.... mmmm I think I'll go back today.

I was like that when I first found out about LaCay..haha...now i try to limit it to once a week.

RX_EVOLV
06-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Finally tried La Cay today and it was pretty damn good. not as good as Thi Thi but for $3.50 it was definitly worth for 20km drive one way.

bulaian
06-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by WWJAI

I was like that when I first found out about LaCay..haha...now i try to limit it to once a week.

yeah after the first month... couldn't really handle having that many subs anymore. haven't gone in a while... decided to get some sushi from T&T instead haha

bebejc
06-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

I don't see what the huge deal is about Thi Thi's. The sate beef is too shredded. And I always feel sick to my stomach after having a sub. GREASY.

I prefer La Cay's...the satay sauce is awesome. It doesn't have as much kick as Thi Thi's but it has a stronger sate taste, if that's what you're going for. As for prices, how is $7.00 for a sub+pop comparable to $3.50 for a sub+pop? I found the people extremely friendly at La Cay. I would go back, if not for the food, but just for the people. Best of all, I don't feel like throwing up after having one.

Sprinter
07-05-2006, 09:38 AM
You guys should try the one by SAIT on 16th ave... can't remember what its called, they have a variety of Vietnamese cuisines, the subs aren't bad neither.