PDA

View Full Version : protein + Creatine?

Barlow
04-26-2006, 11:13 PM
hey, i bought protein and the dude threw in a full container of creatine as well that came with a wringled to sh*t shirt....

is it good/bad/ neutral, to just mix the creatine in with the protein, when I'm making a shake or a drink whatever?

or should it be taken seperate times seprately?

1-Cent
04-27-2006, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Barlow
hey, i bought protein and the dude threw in a full container of creatine as well that came with a wringled to sh*t shirt....

is it good/bad/ neutral, to just mix the creatine in with the protein, when I'm making a shake or a drink whatever?

or should it be taken seperate times seprately?

It would entirely depend on the ratio of protien to creatine, how many grams of each was mixed? Math is your friend :D

Jerms
04-27-2006, 02:01 AM
Theres a lot of people that I've talked to take both Creatine and Protein at the same time... I'm not sure how much they consume or when they take it... but I just know that you will have to be consistant with both intakes if you want to see results..

The thing is that creatine holds water in the muscle, while protein is used to heal muscle tissue that has ripped during a workout...

But im pretty sure if you workout consistantly, while taking both creatine and protein, while eating healthy... you should be pretty fit and big..

Unknown303
04-27-2006, 07:02 AM
When i was using creatine i would mix two teaspoons in with my two large scoops of protien (54g of protien). Not sure it that was giving me the best results but it seemed to work out fine.

1-Cent
04-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303
When i was using creatine i would mix two teaspoons in with my two large scoops of protien (54g of protien). Not sure it that was giving me the best results but it seemed to work out fine.

See you know how much you took, what if you mixed a 250g bottle of creatine with a 13lb weight gainer lol you'd have a few worthless mg per serving. Thats all I'm saying

JspecB16
04-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Its not a big deal. Just drink them both, the creatine before or while you work out then the protein after you work out. My roomate is on sustonan and d-bols (steroids) and he still drink both creatine and protein. don't worry about it, just give er!

Gorilla
04-27-2006, 10:58 AM
take 5mg of creatine right after workout and take 1 or 2 scoops within 30mins of ending your working out

aram1000
04-27-2006, 11:06 AM
I was told by the guy working at popeye's taking creatine and protein at the same time is not a good idea, usually with creatine u gotta do a stack cycle, where u gotta take it 4-6 times a week for the first week or so, and then after he said to take it before workout and after. But he stressed not taking both at the same time or mixing them together, said it did nothing, he said to take protein right before bed and as a snack durring the day

Barlow
04-27-2006, 11:29 AM
hmmm...maybe I'll just avoid the creatine then...

1-Bar
04-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by aram1000
I was told by the guy working at popeye's taking creatine and protein at the same time is not a good idea, usually with creatine u gotta do a stack cycle, where u gotta take it 4-6 times a week for the first week or so, and then after he said to take it before workout and after. But he stressed not taking both at the same time or mixing them together, said it did nothing, he said to take protein right before bed and as a snack durring the day

after a 2 week loading phase of creatine vs. non-loading phase, there is the same amount of creatine found in the muscles.

The 2 week loading phase is good for 2 things:
1. replenishing creatine levels fast
2. getting you to buy more creatine faster

Unknown303
04-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

after a 2 week loading phase of creatine vs. non-loading phase, there is the same amount of creatine found in the muscles.

The 2 week loading phase is good for 2 things:
1. replenishing creatine levels fast
2. getting you to buy more creatine faster

A Lot of the time the people at stores might just push certain ideas to get you to use more of their product. Now i don't want to start a flame post, i'm not saying thats what the guy from Popeyes is intending to do. Just some food for thought.

From what i have read it seems that the best time is before and after a workout. Since filling your body with creatine before a workout provides your body with a reserve of it to replenish your muscles during the workout. And taking it after just makes sure that your muscles are topped up with it during the night. Same thing runs true with protien. The sooner your body see's protien in it the sooner it will start repairing muscle tissue which you want to start happening as soon as possible.

Just read lots of articles on it. The good and the bad, then by comparing the articles you should be able to pull out the dominant facts that would mostly likely be the true facts.