PDA

View Full Version : Rim troubles

Kimchee
04-27-2006, 09:54 AM
i have rims that i bought with my e46...and they dont sit flush with the car as the offset must be wrong...what can i do???....i took it to alberta wheel repair and they told me they can't do anything....the rear wheels are flush but the front sticks outward....suggestions??..i have my stock rims on for now but want to put on these rims....

take a look...thanks

Kimchee
04-27-2006, 09:55 AM
another pic...thanks!

Kimchee
04-27-2006, 09:57 AM
or if someones interested....they are for sale!

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126882

benyl
04-27-2006, 10:12 AM
You can't do anything.

The offset is too low. If it was the other way (too high) you could use spacers with longer bolts. But I wouldn't recommend that either.

Chrisw
04-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Ya, that's kind of a tough spot. You could always just run spacers in the back and go for the wide stance look :P

Your other option is to machine the rim, Although I'm not sure of the amount you'll need to get taken off. If it's too much to machine, your out of luck on that, but if it isnt too much a local shop could do it for you. A word of caution though...This will weaken the rims up a little... You should be ok, just dont go too far.

Goblin
04-27-2006, 06:29 PM
If you are not rubbing, there is no issue?

FiveFreshFish
04-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Kimchee
....i took it to alberta wheel repair and they told me they can't do anything....

I took a set of rims there and they shaved off 3 mm. Doesn't sound like much but it made a world of difference.

Clem
04-27-2006, 10:46 PM
are they staggerred wheels? Have you tried rotating the front wheels to the back and seeing what happens?

Kimchee
05-01-2006, 11:04 AM
wheels arent staggered....the rear looks ok when its put on but the front sticks out quite a bit....apparently the rims are good for only M-series?....so if you guys know anyone...i'll let them go for a great price!