PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in and around Alberta

Neons4life
04-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Just trying to put a list together to keep us busy for a week of thing you don't normally see or do in and around Alberta.

So far some ideas we have thought of are:

Hot air ballon ride
Horseback riding
White water rafting
Visit natural hot springs
Go for a hike somewhere

If you have any other ideas or suggestions that would be great, just looking for ideas of things you don't normally do.

Darkane
04-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Go to the royal terrel Mussieum(sp) in drumheller. pretty sweet.

mo_money2supe
04-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Drive to all the small towns around Alberta and get pictures of all their giant sculptures. I don't have a list, but do some searching and you'll find plenty.

Pee_Sack
04-27-2006, 12:31 PM
miette hot springs are very nice

they are in between Hinton and Jasper

azn_crazed
04-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by mo_money2supe
Drive to all the small towns around Alberta and get pictures of all their giant sculptures. I don't have a list, but do some searching and you'll find plenty.

yup, theres a HUGE T-Rex (4 stories high i think) that you can climb at drumheller....hahaha :D

Moonracer
04-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Go to secret street racing at race city on friday nights. :thumbsup:

Neons4life
04-29-2006, 07:25 PM
Some good ideas so far.

Went to Secret Street with the girl on Friday, did alright for what boost level I was at (5lbs-14.5 in the quarter, 100.8m/h)

But need some more good ideas yet.

Audio_Rookie
04-29-2006, 09:26 PM
into night life? :D

qrankz
04-29-2006, 09:36 PM
Helicopter tour in Banff/Canmore
Mountain biking
Elbow Falls
Hiking in kananaskis

Neons4life
04-30-2006, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Audio_Rookie
into night life? :D

I am definately by no means a party person, don't care for the club scenes, raves, etc. And the woman don't either.
I know we are lame, lol.

Ntense_SpecV
04-30-2006, 10:08 AM
Have you been out to the ice caves out in Kananaskis? It's a very cool place to check out. My only recommendation is if you have mountain bikes to bring them. There is a gravel road that you used to be able to drive down but it was blocked for us so we had to walk neary 7km. Then a km up the mountain to reach the cave - so around 14-15km total. It may sound like a long distance but it's easy to walk. Bring lots of water....and a camera. Once you are in the caves you can explore but it's pitch black about 15 feet into the cave so bring a flashlight or head lamp.

rockym20
05-01-2006, 09:36 AM
Day trip to Waterton Lakes Park - you can do a boat tour on the lake, there are lots of easy hikes/walks in really nice areas, and the Prince of Wales hotel has a traditional english afternoon tea.

Drumheller is much more interesting than I though it would be. I just went there for the first time last fall. It is truly world-class.

Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump, just north of Fort Macleod.

Frank Slide Interpretive Centre in Crowsnest Pass.

Heritage Park in Calgary.

Bar-U Ranch (National Historic Site), just south of Longview.

Glenbow Museum in Calgary. Although try and go when they have a good exhibit in - I just went to the Petra exhibit a few months ago and it was really good.

Take a drive to the big rock SW of Okotoks.

Catch a dinner play at the Rosebud Theatre.

Go to the Nanton Lancaster museum and check out the antique stores in town.

Travel Alberta will give you lots of other ideas too.