PDA

View Full Version : Sport seats for new cars?

98brg2d
04-27-2006, 03:23 PM
I have been looking at new cars (civic coupe, cobalt ss, etc) and for the coupes I don't fit in them at all for head room! I drive a neon coupe and it has about 3" more head room than the newer coupes on the market.

How much more head room can I reasonably expect to gain by installing sport seats (corbeaus or something similar)? I haven't been able to find measurements on the stock seats to compare.

Who has changed their seats and how much more head room did you get (if any)?

Thanks,

Andrew

SilverBoost
04-27-2006, 04:18 PM
well I don't know abuot other cars, but by the time I installed my Sparcos with all the crappy SPARCO adaptor plates and shit, I catually sat a touch higher than stock.

frostyda9
04-27-2006, 07:15 PM
When I used to have Sparcos in the teg, instead of using brackets, I re-used the stock sliders and had bars welded across them, and then drilled the bars and mounted the seats with the four mounting holes underneath. It's a LOT of work, but it will drop you a good 2-3" I'd say, the seats will literally sit right on top of the sliders.

98brg2d
04-28-2006, 09:29 AM
So I guess I may or may not gain head room depending on how I mount the seat.

Thanks

MudCrawler
04-28-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by 98brg2d
I have been looking at new cars (civic coupe, cobalt ss, etc) and for the coupes I don't fit in them at all for head room! I drive a neon coupe and it has about 3" more head room than the newer coupes on the market.

How much more head room can I reasonably expect to gain by installing sport seats (corbeaus or something similar)? I haven't been able to find measurements on the stock seats to compare.

Who has changed their seats and how much more head room did you get (if any)?

Thanks,

Andrew

Im confused guy. I own a 2006 Civic coupe (one of the vehicles you claim has no headroom), im 6'3, and have more than 6 inches headroom. In fact, that was part of the reason i bought it, was for the excellent headroom.:dunno:

98brg2d
04-28-2006, 04:14 PM
6" of head room? I have never been in a vehicle with more than 3" above my head (including full sized trucks and my bosses cadillac).

Check the head room specs for your car, it has either 37.7" or 38"(from Honda.ca converted to inches, depending on sunroof or not) , my Neon has 39.6" (from autos.msn.com). I can only fit one finger between my head and the roof.

Maybe you have your seat tilted very far back, I don't know but when I sat in the car and put the seat at the right distance for the pedals and steering wheel I had to put the seat all the way down and my head was still touching the roof:dunno:

MudCrawler
04-28-2006, 04:16 PM
lol, its probably due to a small percentage off gansta lean i have.