PDA

View Full Version : For all you Auto-x's, brake fluid ?

5gluder
03-28-2003, 01:08 PM
How do you change your brake fluid? I bought some motul fluid and want flush out my OEM fluid. I don't want to take it to the shop since i would be doing this 3-4 times a year.

Thanks

HACHIROKU_4AG
03-28-2003, 02:09 PM
it's pretty simple. just like flushing unless youve never done this before. have a helper press the pedal while you release the bleed valve at each wheel then close it. but every few releases, you must check the resevoir. this is to prevent air getting sucked in to the lines. top up the rest untill you know all the old stuff is out. you should be able to tell by the color diffs.

5gluder
03-28-2003, 02:22 PM
Yeah, i''m aware of that technique. It's just that i don't want to waste the new brake fluid, since it's cost $15/500ml:eek:. Is there any other way????

redline
03-28-2003, 02:33 PM
Take the reservoir off and empty the bottle and clean it out, next bleed the brakes till each one shoots out clean fluid the only bleed as needed (and that should not be a lot in auto-x) The repeat next spring. If you start to do a lot of full track racing you will need to replace the fluid more often but not much.

5gluder
03-28-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by redline
Take the reservoir off and empty the bottle and clean it out, next bleed the brakes till each one shoots out clean fluid the only bleed as needed (and that should not be a lot in auto-x) The repeat next spring. If you start to do a lot of full track racing you will need to replace the fluid more often but not much.

Thanks, now i just gotta figure out how to take the reservoir off :thumbsup:

redline
03-28-2003, 03:35 PM
I just re-read that and make sure you put clean fuild back in before and keep it full during the bleeding process.

If you can not get the bottle off, just use a rag to soak up the fuild in the bottle.