PDA

View Full Version : What happens when you don't pay a photor radar ticket?

02bump'nWRX
03-28-2003, 02:11 PM
I got my first photo radar ticket (doing 115 on deerfoot) but i left it somewhere know i have no idea where it is. I think it was due on the 9th or something but i never paid it. What hapens? Will i have to pay more? will it come up when i register my car or what?

CRXguy
03-28-2003, 02:18 PM
I don't think it'll come up at the DMV computers, since they don't know who drove the car at the time. But I'm pretty sure the 20% late charge applies.

Ferio_vti
03-28-2003, 02:28 PM
yah, late charges, and they may deny you when you go to renew your plate.

G
03-28-2003, 02:29 PM
I think you can just go down there and tell them you lost your ticket it should be on file.

rsxrsx
03-28-2003, 02:39 PM
i know when i got a multinova ticket for speeding i had to pay it by a certain time as indicated on the ticket, now if i remember correctly if i didn't pay the ticket on time they would charge me as if i got pulled over by a cop and loss whatever amount of demerit points, don't quote me on this as i don't remember the exact details, if i was you i call and tell them your situation as quickly as possible in order to avoid any future problems...good luck

GTS Jeff
03-28-2003, 02:58 PM
they send a swat team to your house and pump u full of bullets

Ben
03-28-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
they send a swat team to your house and pump u full of bullets

This is true, happened to me on 3 seperate occasions.

They were just upset I sleep with a kevlar vest on

98type_r
03-28-2003, 03:47 PM
if its the initial ticket with the picture on it then don't worry about it, you'll get an actual offence ticket (the yellow ones when you get pulled over) with another due date on it.

you should be ok, otherwise you're gonna have to pay the $20/20% late fee

Weapon_R
03-28-2003, 04:26 PM
You got caught for going 5km over the speed limit??!?

Appeal it :)

Anyways, if you dont pay it before the due date, they tack on another 20 bucks or 20%, whatever is higher.

They will send you a warning, if you still don't pay it, you will get a ticket in the name of the person that the car is registered under. Also, they will restrict all registry access (seems like no big deal until you need something...) until it's paid.

rage2
03-28-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
You got caught for going 5km over the speed limit??!?
15 over... deerfoot limit is 100.

ZED_24
03-28-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by rage2

15 over... deerfoot limit is 100.

depends where he got caught, up by beddington it's 110km/h

but yeah you have to pay a 20% late fee, and i dont think you can renew your license or registration without paying it.

bol
03-28-2003, 08:01 PM
I don't know the exact amounts, but if you don't pay it, you'll be issued a warning with a fine tacked on and if you don't pay that they will come to your house and issue it to the registered owner of the vehicle in person. Then you have no more excuses as to not pay it.

just pay the damn thing
no demerits
are you people that damn chickenshit?

ZED_24
03-29-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by bol

are you people that damn chickenshit?

i beleive he said he lost the ticket, so he wants to know how to pay it.

bol
03-29-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by ZED_24

i beleive he said he lost the ticket, so he wants to know how to pay it.

If that's the case then why wouldn't he phone them and ask them, instead of wasting more time and more late charges asking questions on a web forum?