PDA

View Full Version : insurance help

lauphman
04-28-2006, 11:54 PM
ok i got a ticket for failure to produce insurance card cause i left it at home 172.00

whgat can i do someone told me if i show them in 24 hours they will wipe of the charges?????????

and it also has a chackmarked box beside in the name of her majesty the queen you are therefore commanded to appear before a justice at courtroom 109 main floor rocky mountain plaza

do i have to go or just pay the ticket?

MIWYFSHOTTER
04-29-2006, 12:03 AM
I'm sure if you go and show your insurance slip they'll cut you some slack and reduce your fine.

Zero102
04-29-2006, 12:33 AM
Ticket for failure to produce.
Not failure to produce for the next 24 hours.
You don't have 24 hours. You carry your pink slips in your car at all times, and you don't get tickets like this.
Driving without insurance is another thing, the police officer must afford you 'reasonable' time to produce your pink slips, however 'reasonable' is at their discretion.

If you go down to the CP, you can probably get any demerits (if there are any) thrown out, and the fine reduced a small amount.

IIRC there is a big stickied thread in another section about tickets.....

lauphman
04-29-2006, 12:41 AM
if i go down to the police station tomorrow and show them the pink slip they might lower it a little?

srry this is the first ticket i ever got for anything
and if im under my dads insurance will he find out about the ticket if i dont tell him?