PDA

View Full Version : MWD Positions with Scheduled Rotation!!

broken_legs
04-29-2006, 02:40 PM

Audio_Rookie
04-29-2006, 02:45 PM
And I was going up there this week to apply for mwd :). No experience....but it cant hurt to apply.

Maybe I will see you around.

Eric G.

kaput
04-29-2006, 04:08 PM

awd
04-30-2006, 07:58 AM
Looks like someone is trying to make his 3K recruiting bonus. :D

Rollin'
05-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Check your PMs

Proyecto2000
05-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by broken_legs

(ie stealing someone from Baker etc..)
[/size] [/B]

you can steal me for the right amount :poosie:

Lexxan
05-10-2006, 12:26 AM
lol for anyone who does this.. sounds awesome but they pay like shit. Do it for 6 months and switch over to consulting for smaller companies. You can say no to any job.

Yeah it looks good.. except when you consult at a real company.. you're looking @ 800-900 a day(wow salary is great NOT + this is more than any SLB hand of 15 years mwding will ever make) and .85 cents a km.. which usually means another 5k a month(SLB gives you a company truck so they can charge the oil company $1.30 a km and not pay you).. I've pulled in 30k in a month.. so yeah there's my 2 cents.. get this job if you can and switch over :P

also gotta love the DD rates 525 a day + salary.. wtf is that? DDs at smaller companies charge upto $1500 a day.. who gives a fuck about salary. Also working at SLB you only learn their tools and well.. they're not for sale. So if you ever want to take the money you made to start a directional company.. you're fucked. Work for a company that runs a broad tool like the geolink or qdt tensor tool. Anyone can buy it.

So yea yea i'm drunk.. but if you can do this.. switch over once again. and for the thread creator.. get the fuck out of SLB if you want to make some real cash. pm me.

PS LOL..... I love how they title it field engineer.. This job can be done by a monkey. You are paid for isolation and no life. The changing car oil thing.. wtf does that have to do with mwding? Wow we screw the tool together run some lines to the rig and put the tool in the hole. I've worked with guys who have never even turned on a computer before they started. The best part is also that you actually goto houston for school on this job? HAHAHA. A keener with no rig experience and grade 6 can do this job after 2-3 months of training.

Lexxan
05-13-2006, 03:04 AM
uh huh. I know a guy from these forums on msn who works for schlumberger.. I know the shit pay you make. Hell you even posted it above.

This is a life wasting job.. might as well get paid the most u can.

Have fun.

once again sorry for hijacking and seriously you should really pm me about getting paid real money.

ie. - Brand New 2006 Ford 250 Turbo Diesel Provided by company comes with Driving Monitor Installed so no speeding and driving is restricted to certain hours and speeds for your safety.

oOoOOo wow.. I drive my own personal truck and get paid .85 cents a km(have you ever looked at the DDs invoice and realize they charge ~$1.30 a km for your truck.. THIS COULD BE YOURS).. i've already driven 30k THIS year.. times that by .85. Wow that's your salary. Now lets add me $835 a day x 90. Wait that's about.. well more than you're going to make all year. oh and WAIT.. I still have like 5-6 more months of work ahead of me. Schlumberger Baker Huges Inteq Halliburton etc. all survive of off idiots like you. Keep working for shit money.

Take your stupid ego and shove it up your ass. This job sucks and it's about money. So have fun wasting your life for 1/3 of what i make year.. well with probably less experience than you have. But yeah keep working for them. God I love staff idiots.

kaput
05-13-2006, 12:34 PM

hoamic11
05-13-2006, 01:21 PM
pm'd

stealth
05-13-2006, 03:13 PM
PMd Im very interested.

cman
05-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by kaput
This is great the more you guys disagree, the more I learn about this. This thread is gold to me! I'm having a great time learning both sides of the same job. So keep arguing!
:werd: I'm a student for related petroleum and drilling topics so this conversation is good to read, keep it up!

awd
05-14-2006, 11:16 AM
I work for SLB but I have worked for many other companys in the oilfield -- none of them offered the benefits and training slb does.

Difference is: I work in cased hole wireline on a 14/7 rotation and unlike you MWD/DD's I sleep in my own bed every night. Sure I don't make 250K /year but I still easily hit 6 digits and I don't live in a camp for 300 days of the year.

If anyone is interested in getting into wireline PM me -- those w/o a tech diploma or degree need not apply.

cheers.

awd
05-14-2006, 02:39 PM
Now whos trying to get their 3k Recruiting Bonus

hahaha
:rolleyes:

Just got another one last week ;)

kaput
05-14-2006, 04:13 PM

awd
05-15-2006, 03:17 PM
This thread isnt about wireline. Or where awd lives (red Deer)

waaaaa.