PDA

View Full Version : Rear Sway Bars?

Audi Kid
03-28-2003, 05:26 PM
how do these work? what do they do? how do they mount up? ive got a line on a Addco Rear Sway Bar for 100$!

Lo)2enz0
03-28-2003, 05:44 PM
pick them up mike. it reduces body roll. I need some for the 240sx badly. pick up the rear sway than try to get the front sway bar and than install them so that you just don't get a stiff rear.

Laurier

R-Audi
03-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Actually for the Audi's, it pushes the car to Understeer I beleieve, making the back end a little looser.Supposed to make a huge difference in handling. Go for it!

MrHeavyFoot
03-28-2003, 07:09 PM
I think you've got the effect right but the terminology backwards.

Adding a rear sway will tend to induce oversteer (the back end wants to come around). Adding a front sway bar will induce understeer (the car wants to go straight when you want it to turn).

I think the same can be said for anything that stiffens the back end (more oversteer) or the front end (more understeer).

People often confuse the two. I remember it by thinking of the car overachieving or underachieving the turning maneouver.

Car turns too much = overachieving = oversteer

Car turns too little = underachieving = understeer.

P.S. Get the rear sway bar :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
03-28-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Audi Kid
how do these work? what do they do? how do they mount up? ive got a line on a Addco Rear Sway Bar for 100$! well it really comes down to how u want to tune your car. do u want more oversteer or understeer? a stiffer tail is only good when mated with a stiff front end..

R-Audi
03-28-2003, 08:21 PM
Dammit. I always mess those two up. Thanks for the correction.

Either way, get the sway bar

rayray
03-29-2003, 11:01 AM
http://www.grmotorsports.com/swaybars.html

-rayray

Audi Kid
03-30-2003, 05:18 PM
my car comes stock with a front sway bar.......so i want the back one.....+ they look bad ass hehe :) sitting under the car all shiny mmmmm :)