PDA

View Full Version : Apexi Civic turbo??

Ferio_vti
03-28-2003, 06:00 PM
Anyone have experience in Apexi??

Found this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2409162939&category=33742

This isn't the first he's listed. I contacted the guy and he said he'll sell me one for $1225 USD, including shipping (I'm assuming he knocked the price down, cuz it saves him the listing price on ebay).
How much modification would be needed to install on a 2000 Civic??

Illusionsir
03-28-2003, 07:21 PM
since the kit is fabricated for your car, you probibly wont have any problems.. the only one i could see is if you have A/C and the fan gets in the way..

Dirty_SOHC
03-29-2003, 09:03 AM
From my knowledge that kit is very good for the D16. it has nice power gains. and thats a pretty good price too

Ferio_vti
03-29-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Illusionsir
since the kit is fabricated for your car, you probibly wont have any problems.. the only one i could see is if you have A/C and the fan gets in the way..

Well, actually it not exactly made for my car. Its listed as a kit for 92-95 Civics. But I'm sure I can get it to work

Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC
From my knowledge that kit is very good for the D16. it has nice power gains. and thats a pretty good price too

Yah, that's a sweet price, so far all of those kits have been finished with 'Buy it now' on ebay.

Vitesse951
03-29-2003, 01:03 PM
I noticed that the kit has nothing to deal with the problem of delivering more fuel. I am not a Civic Guru, but if I am not mistaken, 92-95 civics use a MAP sensor. The only problem I could forsee would be if the ECU is running a closed loop fuel table at high rpms. For example, my car runs a closed loop system. After 4500 RPM, it actually ignores the voltage signal from the AFM and just runs injector duty cycle as a function of RPM. If that is the case for your car, you are going to run lean as hell and blow the head gasket.
Another scenario would be that the car runs a open loop system, but doesnt have values for positive MAP pressures. Which could also cause you to run lean and blow the head gasket.

You would need at least a chip burned for your application.

On the other hand, if its an open loop system, with an ecu that knows what to do with positive MAP readings, you should be ok.

Maybe someone who knows a little more about civics could help out with this one.

Dirty_SOHC
03-29-2003, 01:49 PM
with that kit yes, you will still have to get something for the engine management to control the timming and fuel. Perferably either AEM Emanage or Hondata

As for it fitting at 92-95 civic. it will fit a 96-00 civic without a problem.

Dirty_SOHC
03-29-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Vitesse951
I noticed that the kit has nothing to deal with the problem of delivering more fuel. I am not a Civic Guru, but if I am not mistaken, 92-95 civics use a MAP sensor.

All civic's 92+ have a 2 bar MAP sensor.

redline
03-29-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC

All civic's 92+ have a 2 bar MAP sensor.

but the first bar is vaccuum and the factory honda map is only good to about 11psi after that they will break.

redline
03-29-2003, 01:59 PM
I would be careful of ebay a lot of people get ripped off on these great deals.

I think the apexi kit uses a ball bearing IHI turbo that is very expensive.

Weapon_R
03-29-2003, 04:05 PM
That kit isn't cheap though. It's nearly 2000 dollars CDN for something that isn't at all complete. You'd only be halfway there. I see nothing included that raises your fuel system in order to compensate for the boost.

Ferio_vti
03-29-2003, 07:14 PM
I agree with all of you, this kit, like all boxed turbo kits, need additional AFC of some sort to make it fully complete.
How much would I be spending for an AFC?? And if required, a new fuel pump or anything else for the fuel system??