PDA

View Full Version : Oil Stains on Driveway, street.. illegal?

canadian_hustla
04-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Seriously, all kidding aside - can you get ticketed for having pooled oil stains on city streets in front of your house? My beamer is leaking because MrLube fu*cked crossthreaded my oil gasket (or something to the effect) so now there are all these black marks in front of my house

thanks

CrvenaZvezda
04-30-2006, 06:39 PM
i wouldnt worry about, u should see what my old neon did to the road in front of my house and ive had no problems with the city!!!

canadian_hustla
04-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by CrvenaZvezda
i wouldnt worry about, u should see what my old neon did to the road in front of my house and ive had no problems with the city!!!

lol that is sort of what I was thinking, the thing is that the city is coming tomorrow to clean the streets in my neighborhood. I was hoping that they weren't going to have a bylaw officer follow them around :rolleyes:

ricosuave
04-30-2006, 06:53 PM
well, it wouldnt hurt to get som e kittly litter and or simple green down on it, or put something under it so it doesnt get worse

BerserkerCatSplat
04-30-2006, 06:53 PM
What's the best way to get oil stains out of concrete, anyway?

theken
04-30-2006, 06:56 PM
varsol or paint thinner to clean

Lo)2enz0
04-30-2006, 07:04 PM
crappy tire sells this stuff and i just used it to take oil off my garage floor. you wipe up all the wet oil, than put it down, wait 20 min and than rinse it off and that part of the drive way will look cleaner than any other part. works awsome

l8braker
04-30-2006, 07:04 PM
A bag of kitty litter works really well.

MudCrawler
04-30-2006, 07:12 PM
I remember i had my jeep parked outside, the day after i somehow bust a huge hole in the gas tank, and the gas had spilled allover the road all night, and literally ate through it and basically destroyed the concrete as well as leaving a huge ass black stain in a large portion of my culdesac. By-law dudes came to my door, said i had a total huge leak, and covered it in shit that absorbed it, told me to have a good day, and left. The stain still remains in the concrete.

arian_ma
04-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Yea Canadian tire sells the stuff.
It's called like Oil be gone or something

djayz
04-30-2006, 08:31 PM
coke works fairly well too

Arthur Dent
04-30-2006, 09:15 PM
just get a (or rent) a high pressure power washer. Did an amazing job on my on garage (had a couple Brit cars in there)

CalgarySupra
04-30-2006, 09:45 PM
all the oil cleaners are a waste of time except for gas and paint thinner but its not "safe"

those stupid oil changing places is the reason why i dont drive my supra anymore, they put the wrong gasket on the drain plug, as soon as i got my oil changed, i went on road trip, about 300km my engine starts knocking, new rebuilt 7mgte engine. i complained, they came over and tried to clean my driveway. thats all. they wont do anything about it.

canadian_hustla
04-30-2006, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
crappy tire sells this stuff and i just used it to take oil off my garage floor. you wipe up all the wet oil, than put it down, wait 20 min and than rinse it off and that part of the drive way will look cleaner than any other part. works awsome

hey thanks for that, i am hoping that the stuff will work on stains that have been weathered and set in. They aren't necessarily fresh stains, as the car has been sitting for like 2 months lol. I will go and buy the stuff tomorrow and find out how well it works

Originally posted by CalgarySupra
all the oil cleaners are a waste of time except for gas and paint thinner but its not "safe"

those stupid oil changing places is the reason why i dont drive my supra anymore, they put the wrong gasket on the drain plug, as soon as i got my oil changed, i went on road trip, about 300km my engine starts knocking, new rebuilt 7mgte engine. i complained, they came over and tried to clean my driveway. thats all. they wont do anything about it.

yeah save you time, but fuck up the car in the process. Even when I had my car serviced at BMW, they put "Oil gasket ruined due to previous oil change" <-- I didn't even tell them that had happened. MrLube, etc definately shoddy workmanship.. stay away!!!!!!!!!1

Tha VZA
05-01-2006, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by theken
varsol or paint thinner to clean

or dee-sol

(diesel ;) )

ciao