PDA

View Full Version : Downtown mechanic

billy36
05-01-2006, 10:21 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the city and I see a lot of Calgarians here, I wonder if anyone can guide me to a mechanic in the downtown area, I found a mechanic at 12th ave and 12th st he did a couple of things 4 me previously, but I believe he is charging way too much.

Someone told me about a shop at the corner of 4th st and 9th ave but I can't locate it, does any one have an idea about the exact address of that place.

Does anyone know if canadian tire can fix such oil leaks?

Thanks for the help.

Regards

jer82
05-01-2006, 01:55 PM
I would suggest that most places can fix the oil leak. There are a few dealerships at the west end of 9th Ave, they are going to be a little more pricy then your average Joe shop but they will be very helpful. Canadian tire should be able to fix the leak but the best bet is to take it to them and ask them.

Did they mention which quadrant the shop is in (SE, NW etc)? I know there isn’t one at 4th and 9th SW as I can see that intersection form my window right now but it may be in the SE.

Unfortunately I am unable to recommend any mechanics as I do all of my own work but you could grab the yellow pages and phone a few shops to get their shop rate. Every job has a standard number of hours that is billed for it so the hourly shop rate is where you will get a difference in price. If I do have to get work done at a shop I generally take it to a few shops and get quotes (most will do them for free) and go with whichever one you feel is being the most honest, accurate and for the best dollar.

Hope this helps

billy36
05-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks man, I really appreciate the info, and ur rite, the dealers west on 9th Ave are very pricy. Guess the yellow pages is where I'll go, I'm hunting for a place in downtown, proximity helps. Thank u again for the help.