PDA

View Full Version : Almost crunched by a trucker...

fast95pony
03-28-2003, 08:25 PM
I was pulling onto Crowchild north off of Memorial. As I went around the bend , I ended up beside a trucker ,between the front and rear wheels of his trailer.We were moving at the same speed,when he decided to pull into my lane !!:banghead:
I jammed on the brakes and somehow he missed me,and the cars behind me stopped in time too.I managed to get in front of him to "salute" him through the sun roof.

Then I see him turn left across all three lanes to get onto 16th Ave.

I should have written down the name and plate on the truck,but at the time I was just glad the idiot hadn't crushed me !

Ben
03-28-2003, 08:34 PM
Damn, your lucky man, same thing happened to me and luky as you were managed to avoid death.

hjr
03-29-2003, 01:00 PM
that sucks. Im always scared with big trucks. They cant see as well down the side of thier vehicles so its easy to make a mistake. Especially considering some of the high caliber individuals there are driving the big rigs right now.

Ben
03-29-2003, 01:05 PM
There was a case a couple years ago when a tire on a semi blew off the rim and went into oncomming traffic, going through the front windshield, killing the front 2 passengers and injuring the infant child in the back car seat.:( :(

hjr
03-29-2003, 01:25 PM
that would be pretty crapy. But that wouldnt be the truckers fault. Cutting someone off pretty much is.

T5_X
03-29-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Ben
There was a case a couple years ago when a tire on a semi blew off the rim and went into oncomming traffic, going through the front windshield, killing the front 2 passengers and injuring the infant child in the back car seat.:( :(

My friend's brother lost a Mustang GT that way. A semi lost a tire and it flew right into his car. Luckily he was ok, but the GT was a write-off :(