PDA

View Full Version : What car to drive ???

fast95pony
03-29-2003, 12:13 AM
I leased a Focus,and then upgraded it to the SVT Focus for a winter/daily driving. Last week I drove the Mustang for the first time this year. The Mustang is a blast to drive ,but I really am enjoying driving the Focus ! It's obviously not a fast as the Stang,but it handles so much better . I look forward to on/off ramps and twisty roads like the east part of McKnight. The sound system is also better,and the sun roof is great this time of year.

I think once the temperature warms up and the Stang's suspension and tires soften a bit , I will drive the Stang more.The suspension is very stiff in this cool weather.

I see the "No replacement for displacement " arguement , but I also can see the fun of driving a light weight,good handling pocket rocket.

I didn't worry too much about keeping the first Focus clean,but now I spend a lot of time keeping the SVT shiny !

I guess I'm lucky to have 2 fun cars...:burnout:

Alan

benyl
03-29-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by fast95pony
I leased a Focus,and then upgraded it to the SVT Focus for a winter/daily driving. Last week I drove the Mustang for the first time this year. The Mustang is a blast to drive ,but I really am enjoying driving the Focus ! It's obviously not a fast as the Stang,but it handles so much better . I look forward to on/off ramps and twisty roads like the east part of McKnight. The sound system is also better,and the sun roof is great this time of year.

I think once the temperature warms up and the Stang's suspension and tires soften a bit , I will drive the Stang more.The suspension is very stiff in this cool weather.

I see the "No replacement for displacement " arguement , but I also can see the fun of driving a light weight,good handling pocket rocket.

I didn't worry too much about keeping the first Focus clean,but now I spend a lot of time keeping the SVT shiny !

I guess I'm lucky to have 2 fun cars...:burnout:

Alan

I would end up with what is more practical for everyday. Sounds like the SVT to me for you.

I have a car and a pocket rocket, only mine has 2 wheels. It out handles, out accelerates and given a good rider out1/4miles you mustang.:D

I haven't rode my motorbike in ages. Just not practicle... plus all the gravel on the road! I am sure that since you probably own the Stang, you wouldn't want to get it dirty, or God forbid get rock chips. I would wait until they clean up the streets a bit.

Just my opinion...

mustang
03-29-2003, 11:18 AM
I'm gonna need a daily driver pretty soon too. My stang is not going to be very practical during the winter. It all depends on what you like. If you really like a car that handles awesome then the focus is probably very nice for you, but if you want a fast car that is a thrill to drive then you go for a rip in your stang. "No Replacement for Displacement" is all great as far as speed and power goes, but handling is a totally different story. You are lucky to have both cars, one for any mood your in, so just take whichever feels right at any time and have a blast.:thumbsup:

a_peep
03-29-2003, 02:08 PM
I've driven a 2003 Focus SVT and a 2003 Mustang GT, I was more impressed by the Focus. It is a fun car to drive and well priced. The Mustang only had straightline speed, nothing else... not even a nice tranny. Just my .02