PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the dodge SRT-4

Pages : [1] 2

Cypresskilla
05-01-2006, 07:09 PM
I want to know what people really think of the SRT-4 like don't like what is the opinon of this car?

Z_Fan
05-01-2006, 07:10 PM
In before the lock! :rofl:

This should get right out of control, as usual. :D

But I love these threads. Just love them.

New rule, you can't post in the thread unless you *OWN* an SRT-4. How about that, then we'll get opinions that matter and are based upon experience & opinion as opposed to just opinion!

natejj
05-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
In before the lock!

:rofl:

canadiandaytona
05-01-2006, 07:13 PM
what clutch you going with Zfan?

Z_Fan
05-01-2006, 07:17 PM
I decided on the Clutchmasters product. Ordered it today AM.

Clutchmasters Stage 4 (FX400).

Ultra heavy-duty street &racing system
Holding capacity 170% over stock
Heavy-Duty reinforced pressure plate
Hi-Leverage™ pressure ring design
Sprung hub/4-button
Ceramic friction material
SFI Approved on most race applications.

I think this will be the kind you can not feather...just like the Z.

GoChris
05-01-2006, 07:37 PM
I think people hate it or love it.

the people that hate it...hard to say if they hate it cause they are jealous or.....i dunno, seems like a good power car for the money.

IBTL!

Phuqu
05-01-2006, 08:23 PM
http://www.ctgilles.net/images/pictars/IBTL.jpg

freakin
05-01-2006, 08:36 PM
I haven't driven one, but I've seen them at the track. One hell of an impressive car for the money. I'm sure they're going to hold their value for a long time.....unless of course they start to prove unreliable. I know I'm going to get my ass handed to me by a few SRT-4's this Friday at Race City. :cry:

SilverBoost
05-02-2006, 02:26 PM
I'll just say that the SRT-4 is the only model that ever made me think about buying a Neon. :)

If they dropped that engine into the Caliber it'd be a pretty quick little car too.

benyl
05-02-2006, 02:33 PM
IBTL.

It is just a piece of shit neon. ;)

Aleks
05-02-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
I'll just say that the SRT-4 is the only model that ever made me think about buying a Neon. :)

If they dropped that engine into the Caliber it'd be a pretty quick little car too.

I am pretty sure they are putting in a more powerful one in that car too. LOL

yellowsnow
05-02-2006, 02:52 PM
it's crap! :D

benyl
05-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

I am pretty sure they are putting in a more powerful one in that car too. LOL

2.4L putting out 300 hp and 260 lb/ft

Not bad for a neon. too bad it didn't come with AWD.

JspecB16
05-02-2006, 03:11 PM
That engine is going in the caliber, not the neon. And it has AWD. Still sucks though, guy i work with has the neon srt4, fast in a sraight line for sure!! But my other buddie at work caught him in the corner with an 87 jetta GLI. Its still a neon, just has a fast engine.

teggypimp95
05-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Its a Neon. Enough said. :thumbsdow

Aleks
05-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by JspecB16
That engine is going in the caliber, not the neon. And it has AWD. Still sucks though, guy i work with has the neon srt4, fast in a sraight line for sure!! But my other buddie at work caught him in the corner with an 87 jetta GLI. Its still a neon, just has a fast engine.

Caliber SRT4 Will not have AWD.

guessboi
05-02-2006, 03:36 PM
where is HeavyD? :D

mac_82
05-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by freakin
I'm sure they're going to hold their value for a long time.

:rolleyes:

heavyD
05-02-2006, 03:45 PM
I really like mine. It's faster than cars that cost $$$ more, has great brakes, has an LSD & handles decent enough for FWD. Some may hate the looks but at least it differentiates itself from other Neons unlike cars like the Civic Si which looks nearly identical to any civic coupe. I installed Stage 2 w/toys and have had no problems in the first year of ownership. I drove it all winter and didn't get one rock chip on the paint which is a miracle as far as I'm concerned.

It's not for everyone. It's a little crude, gas mileage is poor, the interior's low rent (the Viper seats fit my body perfect however), and it's loud so a guy coming from a Lexus or even an Accord obviously won't care for it.

If you are looking for an inexpensive, reliable car that's pretty well faster than 95% of cars on the road it's hard to beat.

There's alot of hate for it but half of that is out jealousy of how fast it is.

JspecB16
05-02-2006, 03:50 PM
I can't believe they offer AWD in the r/t version but not the 300hp srt-4 version!!! they are even dumber than i thought over there....

b_t
05-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by mac_82

:rolleyes:

sure, why not? limited production numbers version of an otherwise completely normal car... let's think of other cars like that. The Pontiac Tempest GTO, maybe, or an Integra Type R..

RotaryDrifter
05-02-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

If you are looking for an inexpensive, reliable car that's pretty well faster than 95% of cars on the road it's hard to beat.

There's alot of hate for it but half of that is out jealousy of how fast it is.

:werd: this car is pretty much how tsi awd's were a few years ago, owning everyone at the track.:burnout:

pretty impressive when a 4 banger takes out cars worth 3X as much..(zo6):eek:

heavyD
05-02-2006, 03:59 PM
I can't believe they offer AWD in the r/t version but not the 300hp srt-4 version!!! they are even dumber than i thought over there....

Not dumb at all. They said that the AWD system would not be able the power & torque of the new engine. They could have made a new AWD system for it to handle the power & price it in the range of the EVO & STi but that would be dumb.

The SRT-4 was FWD and was only projected to sell 11000 units. Well it sold over 25000 so why make it more complicated & expensive?

rc2002
05-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by freakin
I haven't driven one, but I've seen them at the track. One hell of an impressive car for the money. I'm sure they're going to hold their value for a long time.....unless of course they start to prove unreliable. I know I'm going to get my ass handed to me by a few SRT-4's this Friday at Race City. :cry:

They're fast yes, but a friend of mine brought up a good point - so were turbo Dodge Daytona's back in the day. I'm curious to see if SRT4's are going to turn out like those. It's hard to say how long they'll hold their value for...

heavyD
05-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

They're fast yes, but a friend of mine brought up a good point - so were turbo Dodge Daytona's back in the day. I'm curious to see if SRT4's are going to turn out like those. It's hard to say how long they'll hold their value for...

I owned a 1986 Daytona Turbo Z and they aren't even remotely close. My Daytona pretty well fell apart after three years and really wasn't that fast. Guys in the US with 03 SRT-4's have relatively few issues with the car. The SRT-4 is a tough car.

Z_Fan
05-02-2006, 04:42 PM
My wife describes the SRT-4 like so...

"Sure, it's fast. Really fast now that it has almost 400 horsepower. It doesn't matter how fast it is, it will never have any class."

She may be right and I don't care.

For the meantime, I'll enjoy putting down ET passes faster than a NEW Z06 with light mods or a new Viper for that matter.

How would you feel losing at the track to a fucking Neon? Race me, find out. :poosie: :poosie:

No class? That certainly doesn't stop me from having an absolute blast with it. I bought it to make it fast. When it runs 11's in Calgary, without NOS, it'll still be just a Neon. A Neon running 11.x times down the 1/4 ... just like an Enzo would, but still, just a neon.

Phuqu
05-02-2006, 04:47 PM
The Caliber SRT-4 will be RWD as an option.

NickGT
05-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Fast, functional, and affordable. I really like them :thumbsup:

guessboi
05-02-2006, 09:06 PM
lots of respect for the SRT4. best buy for its performance.

legacyturbo
05-02-2006, 09:19 PM
I havent owned one but i have driven one a couple times and got the chance to drive it hard and i have to say, it is fairly impressive, and speed per $$ is pretty damn good for a new car, sure it is still a neon and ya its lacking in a lot of area's to be a wicked car but for 27k what other brand new car can you buy that will give you that kind of speed???

sidejam
05-02-2006, 10:17 PM
It's the car I love to hate! :)

cujo_cjc
05-02-2006, 10:19 PM

How would you feel losing at the track to a fucking Neon? Race me, find out.

No class? That certainly doesn't stop me from having an absolute blast with it. I bought it to make it fast. When it runs 11's in Calgary, without NOS, it'll still be just a Neon. A Neon running 11.x times down the 1/4 ... just like an Enzo would, but still, just a neon.

thats your opinion and i respect that
it would be nice to beat cars that cost way more than you

but on the other hand im sure an owner of a more expensive/classy car, lets say an m3, could care less if you beat him or not

JCX
05-02-2006, 10:24 PM

It's because the AWD system on the R/T can't handle 300 HP and 260 TQ.

JCX
05-02-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by cujo_cjc

but on the other hand im sure an owner of a more expensive/classy car, lets say an m3, could care less if you beat him or not

You're dead wrong there, most car owners seem to get very annoyed when the Neon beats them. Their anger is generally proportional to their cars cost.

Regarding the SRT-4, mine's got about 35000 KMs on it. No problems so far and really the only things I don't like are my own doing (ie. loud exhaust). They take a beating and don't break, they aren't expensive.

A few of the owners are idiots and act as such, no different than any other sport compact car though.

BigWill
05-02-2006, 10:49 PM
never owned one, but driven a few, i think that they are fast and all but need some suspension mods done as soon as you get one, but performance wise, i say go for it, they are fast as shit... especially for the price cant go wrong, alot better than the cobalt SS supercharged (my opinion)

Z_Fan
05-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by cujo_cjc
...on the other hand im sure an owner of a more expensive/classy car, lets say an m3, could care less if you beat him or not

Oh, you are so very wrong.

The ego is much more fragile than that!

MIWYFSHOTTER
05-02-2006, 11:12 PM

"Sure, it's fast. Really fast now that it has almost 400 horsepower. It doesn't matter how fast it is, it will never have any class."

She may be right and I don't care.

For the meantime, I'll enjoy putting down ET passes faster than a NEW Z06 with light mods or a new Viper for that matter.

How would you feel losing at the track to a fucking Neon? Race me, find out. :poosie: :poosie:

We'll see how long your "neon" will last you. An Enzo can run 11s all day long, I bet your neon couldn't last 20 consistant runs.

A lot of people buy expensive cars for class. Just because you beat them in a race doesn't mean you're boss. I'd rather take the Ferrari Dino (which runs 18s) over an SRT-4 that is super fast. You have different preferences than other people/

4doorj
05-02-2006, 11:15 PM
this is coming from a honda owner!

i drove my friends srt-4!!!
and damn ! did it put a smile on my face!!!!
sooooo much torque.... so fast... the sound of the turbo!... his hks bov... it was really really nice!!!!!!!!
seats were very comfortable!
very different from my car!!!

but when turning stepping on the gas was kinda scary.... so much torque... so i coudlnt turn it as well as my car

cavb0i
05-02-2006, 11:17 PM
the real question is what do YOU think of the car. are you planning to buy one? I personally couldnt buy one, it would be like goin back to my cav. the heritage of the neon is crap and that is what sticks with the srt4

Lexxan
05-02-2006, 11:40 PM
I would honestly never buy a dodge. I hate their designs.. they are the ugliest and cheapest built cards on the roads besides say.. lada lol Though I'm sure the srt-4 is fast.. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow pick another car

heavyD
05-03-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by cavb0i
the heritage of the neon is crap and that is what sticks with the srt4

As opposed to the car you drive? A car with civic heritage. I can understand that comment from a Mercedes or BMW driver but a Civic? Lets be realistic. The civic is based off an inexpensive FWD platform designed for entry level buyers. The civic heritage is a heritage of slow cars with $$$$ of money invested on useless mods like headers, fart can mufflers, body kits, painted interiors, and big spoilers. The heritage that invented the term 'Rice'. Don't kid yourself. Civics are amongst the most hated car outside of their circle of fanboys and the hate isn't because out of jealousy of being fast. I can state this because I owned a 94 Si & 95 del Sol VTEC and I've lived with the heritgae of worn tranny synchros, failed water pumps, rattle trap interiors (ultra cheap door trim vinyl on the del sol), oil leaks, paper thin body panels, & cheap factory paint. Very highly overrated cars IMO.

You Honda guys seriously need to take your heads out of your asses as you look like clowns posting this type of garbage.

MudCrawler
05-03-2006, 08:51 AM
Some may hate the looks but at least it differentiates itself from other Neons unlike cars like the Civic Si which looks nearly identical to any civic coupe.

Thats because the Si is based off of the attractive looking civic coupe.

heavyD
05-03-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by MudCrawler

Thats because the Si is based off of the attractive looking civic coupe.

Uh.....Sorry.....I just woke up....staring at a new Civic just put me to sleep. Yawn.

MudCrawler
05-03-2006, 09:03 AM

Uh.....Sorry.....I just woke up....staring at a new Civic just put me to sleep. Yawn.

lol, oh you SRT~4 owners.

JspecB16
05-03-2006, 09:36 AM
hEAVYD needs to give it a rest, we don't care what a 250hp bucket of shit driver thinks about civics. I'll bet the civic would hold value for about 10years longer than a neon for christ sake.

thats not even the point. the point is this is a srt-4 thread started by a guy who wan't our opinions on an srt-4 not a civic!! Cut the crap and grow up.

benyl
05-03-2006, 09:41 AM
JDM rules!

JspecB16
05-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Oh, and lets not forget: Take away your boost, and game over.
honda has master n/a engines, and will hold that title for some time. american companies can just keep super and turbo charging there 4 bangers. anything they can do to keep up with an 8200rpm redline n\a 1.6 hey???:drama:

MudCrawler
05-03-2006, 09:45 AM
hEAVYD needs to give it a rest, we don't care what a 250hp bucket of shit driver thinks about civics. I'll bet the civic would hold value for about 10years longer than a neon for christ sake.

thats not even the point. the point is this is a srt-4 thread started by a guy who wan't our opinions on an srt-4 not a civic!! Cut the crap and grow up.

honda has master n/a engines, and will hold that title for some time. american companies can just keep super and turbo charging there 4 bangers. anything they can do to keep up with an 8200rpm redline n\a 1.6 hey???:drama: :werd:

speedracer
05-03-2006, 09:51 AM
honda has master n/a engines, and will hold that title for some time. american companies can just keep super and turbo charging there 4 bangers. anything they can do to keep up with an 8200rpm redline n\a 1.6 hey???:drama:

:werd:

hahah Don't be drooling over an EVO or STi either and for that matter MR2's and FDS3 those would be foreign to you both.

At Setting 0 the SRT4 makes 190WHP... more power and orque than the 1.6 will ever see... lol

IBTL :D

MudCrawler
05-03-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by speedracer

hahah Don't be drooling over an EVO or STi either and for that matter MR2's and FDS3 those would be foreign to you both.

At Setting 0 the SRT4 makes 190WHP... more power and orque than the 1.6 will ever see... lol

IBTL :D

i personally have a 1.8L ;)

JspecB16
05-03-2006, 10:01 AM
GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. a jspec b16 has 170hp an like I said, a 8200rpm redline!! Not to mention the fact that the srt-4 weighs more than 500lbs more than my car????

And since YOU brought up sti's and evo's, why don't you try racing a stock srt-4 against either one and see what happens.

soupey
05-03-2006, 10:04 AM
^u stole my avatar!

cavb0i
05-03-2006, 10:07 AM

As opposed to the car you drive? A car with civic heritage.

the rsx takes its heritage from the integra. how do you get the civic involved?

benyl
05-03-2006, 10:10 AM

Really now. Last I recall the LS7 makes 505hp and redlines at 7000 rpm. Honda engines are all strung out and have no torque. Not everyone wants to bounce off the redline while driving in the city.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. a jspec b16 has 170hp an like I said, a 8200rpm redline!! Not to mention the fact that the srt-4 weighs more than 500lbs more than my car????

And since YOU brought up sti's and evo's, why don't you try racing a stock srt-4 against either one and see what happens.

JDM this, JDM that. You can't get Jpec engines in a new honda... please. that 170hp is infalted compared to the new SAE numbers. Funny how all of honda's number went down while most other manufacturers stayed the same or went up.

benyl
05-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by cavb0i

the rsx takes its heritage from the integra. how do you get the civic involved?

Dude, the integra is a civic.

Z_Fan
05-03-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by speedracer
At Setting 0 the SRT4 makes 190WHP...

Stock out of the box, never touched for mods the SRT-4 makes

*235 WHP and 250 WTQ SAE*

Incidentally, that's what they make (roughly) on DAB Setting 0 if you have a staged upgrade. Just wanted the record straight.

With basic bolt-ons [turbo/exhaust/etc] and never having to open up the engine, here's a dyno sheet of a SRT-4.

http://www.turbocharge.ca/SRT4/SRT4_S3R_HOM_0123_HL_GAG.jpg

JspecB16
05-03-2006, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by benyl
[B]

Really now. Last I recall the LS7 makes 505hp and redlines at 7000 rpm. Honda engines are all strung out and have no torque. Not everyone wants to bounce off the redline while driving in the city.

So now you are comparing a $70000 V8 against a 1.6l civic? Maybe I should have been more specific, honda owns the n/a 4CYL!

I hope the guy who started this thread is learning a lot, try and stay on topic girls....

Z_Fan
05-03-2006, 10:21 AM
Hey, I actually had someone in this thread seriously attempting to compare an *ENZO* to a *SRT-4*. :rofl: :eek:

Now, that's funny! :poosie: :nut:

benyl
05-03-2006, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by benyl
[B]

So now you are comparing a $70000 V8 against a 1.6l civic? Maybe I should have been more specific, honda owns the n/a 4CYL!

I hope the guy who started this thread is learning a lot, try and stay on topic girls....

should heed your own advice. You keep bringing up the civic...

JspecB16
05-03-2006, 10:28 AM
not bring up, defending. but i'm don't really give two shits about this thread. it is people expressing personal opinions nothing is going to change. Its not like me or any other honda owner is going to convince a srt-4 driven to switch over to a honda, or care to, and vice versa. now let that be the end of it. If someone wants to start an american vs. japanese thread than feel free.

Z_Fan
05-03-2006, 10:36 AM
I just figured out why none of these Honda's are ever at the track on Friday. They're so slow, they'd have to leave a day early just to get there on time.

It's either that, or Honda owners actually know how slow their cars are in real life, just can't admit it on an Internet forum. Reality is a bitch, afterall. Oh well, I'd be gunshy too if I didn't have enough power to do a burnout. :burnout:

Oh well, I'm sure they're great to get the groceries and pick the kids up from school. :zzz:

Hahahhahahahha.... :poosie:

This thread would have been a lot funnier if it was locked after the 2nd post. :rofl:

JspecB16
05-03-2006, 10:37 AM
HA HA HA HA HA LOL, THAT JUST MADE MY DAY!!!
^ such a clown.

Z_Fan
05-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Well, I hope you laughed. :)

These threads are always such a fucking joke. :rolleyes:

benyl
05-03-2006, 10:41 AM
He may be a clown, but he is right. Even if the SRT4 is 500 lbs heavier, it does the quarter faster than a Jspec 170hp civic. It also handles better.

oh and let's get some personal attacks so we can close this thread.

Phuqu
05-03-2006, 10:51 AM
If I put an SRT-4 engine in my Civic will I still get laid?

89s1
05-03-2006, 10:53 AM

you're an idiot, get YOUR facts straight

It's 170ps, not 170 horsepower, and that is only out of the SIRII b16a, no other.

power to weight ratio will not make your civic faster then a stock srt-4 because that same b16a that you're nutswinging pumps out a whopping 114 foot pounds.

These are also crankshaft nuimbers, not to the wheels.

I have a second gen b16a and i love it. but it isn't faster then an srt-4, just the occasional srt-4 driver ;)

89s1
05-03-2006, 10:53 AM
I used to work at a dodge dealership and I had alot of fun in a dealer-provided srt-4 one afternoon.

I would buy one, but only with money i won, i would only spend MY money modifying it once i owned it.

They are great cars, the engine is basically bomb-proof and it spanks the shit out of every car in its class. THe thing that kills me is that it all stops behind the drivers seat, and the car has an overall "cheap" or maybe "rushed" feel once you look past the 2 leather viper seats and the quirky little boost guage you get its really just a neon with a bodykit and a turbo.

once again. I would like to state my respect for the vehicle once again as i may have implied i didnt think it was a rock solid performer

canadiandaytona
05-03-2006, 11:00 AM
Funny I've never met an SRT-4 owner that switched to and was happy with a Honda..But met TONS of Honda Owners who have switched to SRT-4 and Been very happy...

MudCrawler
05-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Phuqu
If I put an SRT-4 engine in my Civic will I still get laid?

No, but you will see half the engine life than you wouldve with your honda motor :thumbsup:

Cavey
05-03-2006, 11:02 AM
I drove an SRT-4, it does bring a smile on your face that seems to widen as the throttle is depressed. Dodge did a great job on putting together a performance car for the budget minded. But you cannot compare this car to say an Enzo. The Enzo is a million dollar hand built work of art, the SRT-4 is an econobox with a turbo. Is it better then a civic? In terms of sheer speed then yes it is. The honda will hold it's resale value better because it doesn't need to rely solely on limited production to keep a value. I would have bought the SRT-4 I tested had the salesman not been a dick. I would have bought it not because I wanted a prestigious auto, but because I wanted to go fast in a straight line for peanuts when compared to an STI.

kane584
05-03-2006, 11:10 AM
srt-4 is a stupid fast neon
nothing else
buy a honda

kane584
05-03-2006, 11:15 AM
87 POS cavalier > srt-4

cujo_cjc
05-03-2006, 11:25 AM
this thread should be closed
these srt4 threads always turn into honda vs the world
:drama:

Pee_Sack
05-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Wow I really do love these threads, and its funny because for once it isn't srt-4 vs WRX. I drive a WRX and I have so much respect for the srt-4, I have said it many times before, if it had AWD I probably would have bought it.

Just drop it please, these threads get very queer very fast. Civics might be the best bet when you are shopping for n/a, but since this guys asked about the srt-4, I DOUBT HE IS LOOKING FOR N/A.

Please keep all your idiodic comments to yourself and keep on topic.

Just to help out Z-fan's case, I will put money on my assumption that there will be more srt-4's on the top-10 list this year than hondas.

benyl
05-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Cavey
I would have bought it not because I wanted a prestigious auto, but because I wanted to go fast in a straight line for peanuts when compared to an STI.

Oh, now you have done it. You are comparing the SRT4 to the STi?

90s_tuner
05-03-2006, 11:33 AM
I have worked on both cars.

It takes balls to modify a honda.

It takes nothing to modify an SRT-4. Just bring it to your Dodge dealer and you're set. Stage 1,2,3,4 :rolleyes:

Pee_Sack
05-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by benyl

Oh, now you have done it. You are comparing the SRT4 to the STi?

HOLY SHIT I missed that post, I seen the one idiot that compared it to the evo and STi, but I ignored that.

Not only are the SRT-4 and WRX not in the same class. The STi far surpasses them both in SOO many aspects.

The STi wasn't built to go in a straight line, it was made to go around gravel corners at high speeds :D:D, mind you after most ppl spend 50+ grand on one they don't like to take it of paved roads ( pussies ;) ).

Originally posted by 90s_tuner

It takes nothing to modify an SRT-4. Just bring it to your Dodge dealer and you're set. Stage 1,2,3,4 :rolleyes:

That is where you are wrong modifying doesn't take any balls at all, it takes a big bank account. You could turn a 1.3 litre Fort Festiva into a 10 second car with enough money.

Everyone has turned this thread into a "Well my jdm civic wil beat your stock srt-4 b0i"

If you go stock for stock the srt-4 will smash any civic.

Aleks
05-03-2006, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 90s_tuner

Stage 4 SRT-4 FTW :rolleyes:

Z_Fan
05-03-2006, 11:46 AM
:dunno: :rofl:

JspecB16
05-03-2006, 11:59 AM
FOR THE RECORD: All that was ever said was a jdm civic could beat an srt-4 without boost. somebody said the srt-4 has 190hp with 0 boost.... I would race him.

I think people are losing the point of having cars that we love. its one thing to taunt a little in good fun, but honestly to each there own and we can settle all this b/s at the track if we care enough to.

heavyD
05-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by benyl

Dude, the integra is a civic.

Now you've done it! You've just ruined his day. The guy just found out his Acura luxury car is nothing more than a Civic in Acura badging. Moment of silence please...............:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4doorj
05-03-2006, 12:07 PM
i want a srt4 as my daily driver!
now that would be fun:burnout:

90s_tuner
05-03-2006, 12:25 PM
FOR THE RECORD: All that was ever said was a jdm civic could beat an srt-4 without boost. somebody said the srt-4 has 190hp with 0 boost.... I would race him.

Obviously, the SRT-4 was made for boost!! The NA Honda was designed to be NA and high compression! Its stupid to compare and SRT-4 with the turbocharger off because the engineers designed it with the snail in mind, therefore lower compression pistons.

:banghead:

What a retarded reply.

Z_Fan
05-03-2006, 12:34 PM

I think people are losing the point of having cars that we love. its one thing to taunt a little in good fun, but honestly to each there own and we can settle all this b/s at the track if we care enough to.

Nah, he was saying "setting 0" which is something the stage upgrade cars have, like mine for example. They still make 235whp on setting 0. (See dyno sheet posted in this thread.) You'd lose all day long in any stock civic ever made versus any stock SRT-4 ever made without staged upgrades. Just reality.

I think if you want to have things settled at the track you'll find a dozen SRT-4's ready to go, and no Civics. Wonder why that is? Right, it's because SRT-4's are fast, and well, Civics aren't. Plain and simple. SRT-4's are fast at the strip, and Civics are fast on an internet forum. I think that's pretty much how it works!

But yeah, the point is having cars that we have fun with. I don't like the SRT-4 very much actually, but it hauls ass and that's backed up by numbers, not bullshit. I bought one to have fun going fast, not because of its overwhelming sense of grace, style and incredible gas mileage!

Lex350
05-03-2006, 12:34 PM

Bingo!!!....I'd rather be slow than drive a shit box Neon.

MudCrawler
05-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by rotten42

Bingo!!!....I'd rather be slow than drive a shit box Neon. :werd: Thats going in my sig.

Z_Fan
05-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Bingo!!!....I'd rather be slow than drive a shit box Neon.

Whew!

That's a good thing. Cuz the RX-8 is a really pathetically slow car. My shit box Neon will hand you your ass at the quarter mile, *OR* at the road course. You'd never keep up in that thang.

:rofl: :poosie:

MudCrawler
05-03-2006, 12:40 PM

Whew!

That's a good thing. Cuz the RX-8 is a really pathetically slow car. My shit box Neon will hand you your ass at the quarter mile, *OR* at the road course. You'd never keep up in that thang.

Yea, you know, untill you hit the 50,000km mark on the odometer, and your waterpump fails, your door panels start to fall off, your car has depreciated 70%, your steering wheel is misaligned, and you realize you drive a chrysler neon.

Z_Fan
05-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Ahahahhahah...this thread is hilarious!

MudCrawler
05-03-2006, 12:47 PM
no kidding. But sometimes its nice to get all you SRT owners together in one place, so everyone else can have a good laugh.:clap:

Z_Fan
05-03-2006, 12:51 PM
no kidding. But sometimes its nice to get all you SRT owners together in one place, so everyone else can have a good laugh.:clap:

Oh, they have an entire forum for that. SRTforums.com.

Aahahah, I think only 4 people who own have posted in this thread. You know, the 4 of us who have fast cars. Online and in reality! :poosie:

I still wanna know where Phuqu2 got his in before the lock photo. See, I thought I was being clever making the 2nd post start out "In before the lock" - but he topped me with that image. God dammit, hate it when that happens.

MudCrawler
05-03-2006, 12:55 PM

Oh, they have an entire forum for that. SRTforums.com.

Aahahah, I think only 4 people who own have posted in this thread. You know, the 4 of us who have fast cars. Online and in reality! :poosie:

I still wanna know where Phuqu2 got his in before the lock photo. See, I thought I was being clever making the 2nd post start out "In before the lock" - but he topped me with that image. God dammit, hate it when that happens.

Dang, maybe i will just have to buy a 3 cylinder pontiac firefly and upgrade the turbos in it to get respect from all of you srt(ferrari) owners. Man as soon as my firefly starts makin 250 horse, all you others will think im the coolest....even though its a firefly....:D :rolleyes:

liquidboi69
05-03-2006, 12:56 PM

Yea, you know, untill you hit the 50,000km mark on the odometer, and your waterpump fails, your door panels start to fall off, your car has depreciated 70%, your steering wheel is misaligned, and you realize you drive a chrysler neon.
lol. Well it's personal preference I guess. There's always people that think the SRT-4 is better, and others that think that various other cars are better. It doesn't matter what other people think, you should buy cars to make yourself happy. So just testdrive a bunch of cars, and see which one you like better overall I guess.

heavyD
05-03-2006, 12:59 PM

Ah dude......You know the laughs are coming at the expense of you the Honda owners and the RX8 guy that spent almost $40 large on a car that has less torque than a Lancer Ralliart & has to take his car in for a monthly ecu reflash to get rid of CEL's :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: SRT-4 guys aren't spouting that are cars are the greatest, we are just defending them against haters that drive slower cars. We aren't the guys that believe that our Acura is on line with a Bimmer, we aren't the guys that believe that our Ford RX8 is a sports car, we aren't the guys that believe our entry level cars have pedigree, we don't believe that our cars are perfect and don't have problems like Honda guys that believe that they have never made a lemon.

We are just guys that like fast cars and accept them for what they are and nothing more. A guy asked for thoughts from people with experience and if you notice people that had experience didn't mention words like "greatest ever" or "beautifu styling", we didn't put it on some automotive pedestal we were honest. Please take a non-biased approach and read this thread and then you will see who look like idiots.

Aleks
05-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Wow you guys are sensitive about your cars.

So how much does it cost to get a srt4 into mid 12s? ;)

xrayvsn
05-03-2006, 01:03 PM
How can you be a car enthusiast and not have tremendous respect for the SRT-4? It is the best bang for the $$$ sport compact, with staged performance upgrades that retain the warranty. What is not to like?

I'm sorry, but the Honda>all mentality is really growing thin. I understand that you want to defend your car purchase, and your ego is bent out of shape that a "Neon" can be so fast, but how is a civic any less of an econobox? You can swap whatever B, H or K series JDM-yo motor in your civic, and the SRT-4 will still be faster. Yes it will still be a Neon, but your car will still be a civic.

"But my car will have better resale than yours", you say. Who gives a fuck? If you wanted good resale from your car, go drive a Toyota Camry and whore up the Ford Taurus forums.

"My cheap plastic interior is better than your plastic interior" - you bought your car because of its rich classy interior? Newsflash, they are BOTH econoboxes. My Acura branded civic has rattles and squeeks too, oh and it is slow, but good on gas.

Lex350

Whew!

and you would still do it on a classless piece of shit...no problem here.

benyl

Why don't you ask all the Accord V6, Acura TL, CL, and Honda Odyssey owners about their failed transmissions? They typically fail at around 50,000kms. Quit believing that Honda's shit doesn't stink. It stinks plenty.

Should we close this thread?

liquidboi69
05-03-2006, 01:05 PM

You know the laughs are coming at the expense of you the Honda owners and the RX8 guy that spent almost $40 large on a car that has less torque than a Lancer Ralliart
The RX-8 sure does have less torque, but it makes up for it with it's RWD and agility. RX8 is not a bad car...I don't know anyone that wouldn't take an RX8, it's not a bad car dude.

Stock for stock I would agree SRT-4 beats tonnes of hondas, but for some people thats not their #1 priority. It depends what the maker of the thread's looking for I guess. If your always driving on city roads and don't often go to the track to drag, IMO handling is the most important thing. You can have fun without flooring it, then having to brake 6 seconds later.

benyl
05-03-2006, 01:05 PM

and you would still do it on a classless piece of shit...no problem here.

haha, the RX-8 has class?