PDA

View Full Version : 2002 benz c230

bamboo403
05-01-2006, 07:16 PM
anyone own one of these or know someone who does?
ive been thinking of buying one within the next 6 months. but im not sure about a few things.
1 rwd
2 did they already hook up with chrysler in 02?
3 reliability?
the reviews look ok but ive never stepped outside of japanese so i dont know what to expect with benz. ive heard some positives and some negitives...i dunno any opinions or feedback would be appreciated.

Hakkola
05-01-2006, 07:16 PM
1. What's the problem with RWD? :rofl: You better not say snow, because that's what winter tires are made for.

2. Does it matter? Benz doesn't use chrysler parts. Benz quality began to slip in the mid 90's, it had nothing to do with the Chrysler merge, in fact, in the past year or so they've made huge improvements over the shoddy quality and cost cutting that hurt their image.

3. When things go wrong they're expensive, but they're not as unreliable as the ML was. Maybe do a google search for specific numbers.

bamboo403
05-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
3. When things go wrong they're expensive, but they're not as unreliable as the ML was. Maybe do a google search for specific numbers.
but are they hard to work on or does everything have to be done at benz?

Hakkola
05-01-2006, 07:55 PM
Shouldn't be tough to work on, my engine bay in my E320 is pretty cramped, especially on the passenger side near the headlight, but me and my buddy were still able to swap in a new hid kit without a problem.
You'll have more room in the 230 and you don't have to get everything done at Benz, though I'm not sure I'd trust many other shops to work on it, just make sure it's going to someone who deals with german cars, not some backyard shop that deals with 20 year old gm cars or something.

toyboy88
05-01-2006, 08:02 PM
are you talking about the kompressor coupe? cuz my mom owned a 2002 one before...

1. RWD - probably not a big as a concern as we thought in the first place as well, defiinately use good winter tires, but traction wasn't "bad" at all
2 did they already hook up with chrysler in 02? - dunno, google it.
3 reliability? - our car has steering problems (drifting to the right) that couldn't be fixed after 5 major repairs, and the side pillars by the windows seemed to rattle alot while driving and made some noise but i think that car was really a "lemon" bcuz i current 2 mercedes have had no problems yet...

:thumbsup:

bamboo403
05-01-2006, 08:09 PM
ya see i really wanted to ask cuz i kno nothing about mercedes at all.
still sounds mixed opinions tho lol