PDA

View Full Version : 747 sound muffler problem

kane584
05-01-2006, 08:50 PM
hey I just had a apex muffler installed proffesionally to my prelude, but it doesnt sound the way the guy described it, in low gear , it sounds like a 747 lifting off as it increases, and it is incredibaly loud, and at higher gears it sounds like a whistle, its kinda embarassing when everyone looking at you with a high pitch whistle sound as you drive 60 km/h in a city street, and its so loud that you can hear it 2 blocks away, the airplane sound at low gears is pretty neat though, does anybody know how to get rid of the whistle sound /?

kevie88
05-01-2006, 08:51 PM
The whistles go WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

http://www.millerarts.com/eyes/images/ads/bubbrubb.gif

Akagi
05-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Hey what kind of prelude is it?

Was it an apexi muffler you mean? send me a pm of the exaust muffler you got and the dimensions. Also where did you get it done at?

Thing is mufflers will sound different on different cars. Basically the shape style, cut of the muffler type of material its made out of etc will take the sound from your exaust and multiply the loudness by a hole bunch, and it takes the tone and changes it due to what type of muffler it is.

depending on the sound your car originally will determin the sound that comes out etc.

I have a muffler on my vehicle. It is Extremely loud
however it is a deep loud tone in low rpm range, then at higher rpm range it gets louder and a higher pitch then it was in the lower rpm ranges.

mines the bomb cuase when I dont give it lots of gas or am just coasting its not that loud, but when I slam it down its loud!

your muffler just might sound the way it does, it may not be the way it was put in.

Also your resignator or cat converter may be damaged??? thus could cause this problem aswell.

Id film what it sounds like for us to hear because just saying its loud high pitched and whistles is hard to determin

but to lower the tone you get an aftermarket resignator which can be purchasced at most muffler shops, it will give you a deeper more aggresive tone.

hope this helps.

kane584
05-01-2006, 10:14 PM
thanks, ill tape it maybe tommorow or wednesday ad post it,

Edit : btw, its a 97 honda prelude with no major mods on it beside apexi muffler, eibach springs, strut bar...etc