PDA

View Full Version : what car to buy?

sillyd
03-29-2003, 11:30 AM
Sold the civic now I'm looking to spend $15-$24k on a faster car. Been looking for an integra gsr, but tough to find good one. I drive a lot (40000k/yr+), drive gravel roads rally style, and need a car than can hold stuff (almost rules out a 'lude). Not too many mods yet and maybe keep car for 2-3 yrs.

I want a gsr. Better choice? How much should i spend? Low miles and newer model important (for good resale value)?

So hard to find the right car. Have one month left before i need it. Do i just buy the next decent one that comes along or keep waiting for a sweet low-mileage silver one with leather?:drool: (found a few but either too $$ or someone beats me too it)

Should a student who has to borrow half the cash even be spending so much on a car that will be driven so much?

Thanks for your advice

hjr
03-29-2003, 01:28 PM
ITR. there is one for sale right here, right now for $19 500. Now there is a good deal for you!

hjr
03-29-2003, 01:33 PM
here is the link

ITR ---------------------------------- (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=12834)

benyl
03-29-2003, 09:14 PM
or you can buy my accord.

hehe

Here (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11117)

Fuji
03-29-2003, 09:18 PM
Either of those cars for sale on the board are good cars :)

For performance - Integra Type-R
For luxury comnfort - go with the accord

At least with Honda they are reliable for a long time even after warranty runs out

Lo)2enz0
03-30-2003, 12:09 AM
i would get the ITR, but if thats not what your into look into finding a 1997-1998 nissan 240sx (thats if you can find one) but there are so nice with the shark eye headlights compaired to the 95-96 but those are still kick ass 240sx's. well thats just what I would do.

Laurier

Hollywood
03-30-2003, 05:08 PM
EDIT: Again my brother took over another post, please disregaurd his post.

bksze
03-30-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood
Look for a late model 1997 or 98 Eagle Talon Tsi. They look decent and are FAST!! I just got my ass handed to me by a 1998 Eclipse GST which is basically the same car. You should be able to find one for around 20k. Blows all Hondas away.

haha looks like your brother hit more than one thread!!!

sillyd
03-30-2003, 06:38 PM
Good suggestions. But i'm not convinced that there's a better car for me than a '97-01 integra gsr (maybe type r). I need low k's because i drive a lot and need to keep somewhat of a good resale value, and most higher mileage cars (especially owned by young guys) soon need major work. I am a prime example of this, my civic (bought new in '97) was starting to have engine trouble, needed shocks, clutch, and the tranny was almost shot. The mech's estimate was that i had a couple months left before the car was done. Major problems. This car has had 27 tires (usually michelin x-one), 3 rims, 5 sets brake pads, many thousands in repair work in 5 yrs. It had been offroading, been jumped, and lots of rally driving. It is now on the lot being looked at by unsuspecting customers who are told "this car has a few scrapes and such but has been well looked after. Regular oil changes, only 130k, blah, blah, blah, what a good deal."

My point IS, i hate used car salesmen, i'm scared to buy a car that has high miles, has been modded or owned by some young punk like me, hopefully i'm old enough to have learned a lesson, and i need a honda because i'm not sure other cars can survive my abuse. :devil:

ps. i've had way too much caffeine today tks for your patience.:confused:

Seanith
03-30-2003, 07:00 PM
definitely the type r thats for sale

rice_eater
03-31-2003, 02:07 AM
If you build your car properly and maintain it well most cars will take all the abuse you throw at them...look at my neon...been driving the shit out of it for almost 2 years now...Not one problem with it to date, adn hopefully it'll stay like that :D Oh yeah...i second whoever suggested a newer 240sx, but a gsr would be a nice little ride also. :burnout:

Fuji
03-31-2003, 02:11 AM
GET THE TYPE R!!! you are lookng ata GSR? The type R is way better and a GSR will cost you alomost the same!!!!!

BTW the guy selling the TYPE R is OLD - he has wife and kids :)

trendkill
03-31-2003, 02:58 AM
u can have my car for $20,000 Its a '96 BMW 328i has a new motor with only 44,000kms on it.

cocoabrova
03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Fuji
BTW the guy selling the TYPE R is OLD - he has wife and kids :)
Thanks.......I think:rolleyes::dunno::rofl::rofl: