PDA

View Full Version : Turn Signals Stopped Working

Envitro
05-03-2006, 11:16 AM
Anyone know what the problem may be? I checked the fuse for the turn signal (7.5A) and it's fine. Could it be the relay? Has anyone else had a problem with this? Thanks.

Thaco
05-03-2006, 12:59 PM
probably your flasher., in the fuse panel (or near it) you'll probably see a big round silver thing (may be different depending on the car) but that's the flasher, take it out and take it to a parts store, they should be able to test it for you. (there may be 2 of them, one for your hazards and one for signal lights)

Envitro
05-03-2006, 02:39 PM
I'll give that a shot. Has anyone had problems with this? I can't see it just crapping out on me out of nowhere.

Thaco
05-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Envitro
I'll give that a shot. Has anyone had problems with this? I can't see it just crapping out on me out of nowhere. flashers die all time.

mr2mike
05-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Happened on my old mustang and it took an hour to track down the flasher cuz ford put it in a place where the manual didn't list.

More than likely it's your flasher.

If its not in the fuse block look around it.

Like Thaco said, there will be one for hazards and one for normal driving. In other words, your hazards should still flash. Put them on when you look for the flasher since most cars have them side by side. Just find where the clicking is coming from and take the one that isn't clicking out and get a new one.

You can also swap the hazard one with the normal one to make sure it is the flasher but remember to replace it and not just swap them!

Envitro
05-03-2006, 11:35 PM
I just tried that, and it's the same flasher that the manual that supposedly controls the turn signal. It looks like there's only one flasher for both the hazards and the turn signal.

I guess there's a long night ahead of me to try and figure this out before the morning.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my 4-ways work just fine, and I can hear the flasher "relay" clicking as the lights go on and off. Absolutely nothing happens when I hit the turn signal switch.

Envitro
05-04-2006, 02:38 PM
OK, got it working. I don't know what it was, but something clicked in when I was playing around with the relay, and "magically" the turn signals started working again after that. Thanks for you help guys.

Redlyne_mr2
05-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Yeah its just time for a new relay, that used to happen when I had my 944

mr2mike
05-06-2006, 03:05 PM
I've had door lock relays when I hooked up my alarm to a car actually "jam". I don't know why. But if the problem comes back I would get new relays.

duesouth
05-24-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey guys I'm having a problem with my left turn signal, I have changed the bulb in the back and in the front of my 2001 z24. I 've checked the fuses and haven't found any thing wrong. After reading the posts I've tried the 4 way flashers and the left rear still doesn't work. Could it be the relay also?:banghead:

Redlyne_mr2
05-25-2006, 07:28 AM
My money is always on the relay, with time these things wear out.