PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Turbo B18c5 Parts

TylerH
05-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Just like the title says, looking to buy turbo parts for a B18c5 :thumbsup:

rc2002
05-03-2006, 12:44 PM
You want to turbo your type-R? :eek:

The same turbo parts will work for a non-vtec B-series engine which will cost 80% less than your type-R. I say sell your type-R, turbo a non-vtec B-series and then pocket the change.

dj_honda
05-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
You want to turbo your type-R? :eek:

The same turbo parts will work for a non-vtec B-series engine which will cost 80% less than your type-R. I say sell your type-R, turbo a non-vtec B-series and then pocket the change.

:thumbsdow

turbocharge your type R.

just look for b series turbo parts, there are no specific turbo parts just for a b18c5....there isn't much on beyond. i would check online in the states especially with the strong CAD.

TylerH
05-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Yea I definatly like the idea of turboing the b18c5 so I won't be selling the R any time soon ;)

I'm trying to stay away from buying a kit since there is such a huge markup on kits. I'm aware that parts aren't b18c5 specific, but i'm looking for any b-series turbo manifolds (preferably the ram-style), an intercooler with piping, and a t3/t4 turbo.

Mike09
05-03-2006, 05:10 PM
Pieceing together your kit from online is your best bet then.

TylerH
05-03-2006, 05:56 PM
A used kit would be just as good

DC2
05-03-2006, 06:51 PM
have you thought about supercharging?

jackson racing makes a kit for a gsr/typeR, that runs on stock internals and uses the same ECU

TylerH
05-03-2006, 07:10 PM
I have thought about a JRSC but the problem is above 10 psi there is detonation and there is no way to lower the intake temperatures since you can't intercool it. This leads to a power cap of 250 whp. Now all i'm looking for is 300 whp cause the R is such a light and tiny car but I can't get those kind of numbers with a JRSC, at least from the majority of the ones i've seen.

Neons4life
05-03-2006, 10:53 PM
You can intercool a Supercharger, but it costs a fair bit for the intercooler kit.

you need to find the thread in H-T about superchargers, it's well over 120 pages or something and full of wicked information.

And you can make over 300 whp with a JRSC, there's a few guys on H-T doing it.

rc2002
05-04-2006, 12:03 AM
An intercooler setup would work great on a centrifugal type blower, but on a roots type you're already sucking in colder air from the the cold air intake, can't get much cooler air than that.

The air is heating up from the blades of the blower - simple physics. To get 300whp you'd have to increase boost with different size pulleys and therefore blower speed. Your intake air temperatures would be pretty hot at this point. But you do have other options. You can run alcohol injection to lower intake temperatures.

Anyway, bottom line is that you can make 300whp with an S/C. it will probably run you more money though. I've had S/C and turbo and I prefer S/C because of the instantaneous throttle response.

My $0.02.

PS: Another option for you. A built N/A Type-R with a stroker kit would be hella cool too. :)

gpomp
05-04-2006, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
An intercooler setup would work great on a centrifugal type blower, but on a roots type you're already sucking in colder air from the the cold air intake, can't get much cooler air than that.
what about the lht air to water intercooler.

redx2nv
05-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Centrifugal isnt a desirable setup since it makes it peak power at redline.

Roots style or turbo FTW.