PDA

View Full Version : removing scratch on plastic glovebox?!

TDA
03-29-2003, 05:13 PM
I have just noticed a scratch on the glovebox exterior area... glovebox is made out of black plastic so it sticks out ... and I'm freaking because I keep the car really clean and the dash and glovebox area is just perfect otherwise... it's pretty long, 1 1/2 to 2 inches and deep (can definately feel it) . Anyone got any advice or experience on how to remove it? So far I've put some 303 Aerospace protectant on to make it stand out less.. but still I can see it and its driving me nuts!
Any product I can buy to fill it in, smooth it over?

5gluder
03-29-2003, 05:24 PM
I got a couple scratches on my door panel. It's black so what i did was use some shoe polish on it(powder kind.)

GTS Jeff
03-29-2003, 06:10 PM
new glovebox

missblondie
03-30-2003, 12:44 PM
You can actually buy these pens from detailing shops that are for that purpose. They are kinda like those china markers, but made specifically for interiors and come in a variety of colors.. handy to keep in your glove box!

ninspeed
03-30-2003, 01:23 PM
You can use dies to cover it up. but in order to fix it you gotta use a filler and retexture the area.. I would do it for ya, but i am just so busy at work that i dont have the time. Call fibernew