PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Weighing?

RedBull
05-03-2006, 02:12 PM
I just looked at my *WCMA* Technical and Safety Inspection Form (for my race car) and it requires me to submit the weight of the car with fuel for passing race tech. My question is, where the hell do I go to weigh my non-street legal car? Are there out of town truck weighing stations that I can sneak to at night, unload my car from my UHaul Dolley the night before my first race, and get a weight? Other options? (make up a random number because I have no idea how they would enforce it? lol) Any help would be great!

-RedBull

teggypimp95
05-03-2006, 02:14 PM
I went to the dump when it wasent busy and just asked the dude if i could and he said sure try that lol.

James
05-03-2006, 02:18 PM
There is a weigh scale on Mcleod trail about half way to Okotoks just outside the City, If you trailered the car there it would be perfect.

zomg
05-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by James
There is a weigh scale on Mcleod trail about half way to Okotoks just outside the City, If you trailered the car there it would be perfect.

:werd: It'll only measure to the nearest 10kg though, but it gives you an idea.

codepoet101
05-03-2006, 02:43 PM
to the nearest 10kg is pretty good, ive weighed my car out there and its just pull on and it lights up, awesome

R!zz0
05-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Just go to the dumpster.

speedracer
05-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by RedBull
I just looked at my WMCA Technical and Safety Inspection Form (for my race car) and it requires me to submit the weight of the car with fuel for passing race tech. My question is, where the hell do I go to weigh my non-street legal car? Are there out of town truck weighing stations that I can sneak to at night, unload my car from my UHaul Dolley the night before my first race, and get a weight? Other options? (make up a random number because I have no idea how they would enforce it? lol) Any help would be great!

-RedBull

You mean WCMA ;)

Don't make up the number as you will be penalized when you run. As suggested just run to the weigh stations and get an approx value.

How is it enforced? - It's not really enforced until you win in which case your car will be impounded and that would cost you the win if your too light for your class.

What series are you running?

Hustla8484
05-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Go to the dump!! i've done it also

RedBull
05-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the replies, as for Speedracer;

I've got a 1984 Mazda Rx-7 with its glorious 1.1L Carb 12a motor!! woot woot. I'll be competing in the Challenge Car series, gonna piss myself when those GT1 cars pass me in excess of 80kph at the end of the straight! lol

I'm thinking I'll hit up that Vehicle Weigh station on Macleod very early saturday morning before I head to Race City for the WCMA licensing school.

-RedBull

speedracer
05-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Sounds like fun.
For the school it won't be an issue with the weight but good to have on hand for the series.