PDA

View Full Version : going to Regal Auctions tonight any comments on them

TomTom
07-10-2002, 05:08 PM
im going tonight to see what they have for trucks, or mabey some cars....i need a ride for winter
has anyone ever bought from them before on here? i have 2 friends that have and good feedback, but i know theres got to be some bad stuff to say and watch out for.

legendboy
07-10-2002, 05:41 PM
don't waste your time, I wholesaled for about 2 years.......it's all junk. Trust me. U can get a better deal out of the bargain finder.

Kronyk
07-10-2002, 06:32 PM
Yeah man, my dad used to sell peices of shit there. Make em look nice and run long enough so they can drive it throught the auction and then it would fall apart. Its really risky because you cant check out the car yourself. At least throught the bargainfinder you can take the car to lemon busters etc to see if it is worth your time.

Weapon_R
07-10-2002, 07:09 PM
Don't bother man - only reason people put their cars in the auction is to get rid of them easily, and without allowing anyone to inspect them. Think about it - why would someone sell something in an auction cheap when they can freely advertise it and get a decent price for it? Cuz they know they can't, so an easy fix is throwing it in the auction.

Redlyne_mr2
07-11-2002, 10:33 AM
i dont know about that , i bought my first ever truck from there..an 89 dodge ram 50, for 1500 , didnt put a cent itno for the 2 years I drove it other than maintenance. I sold it for 3000 once I was doen with it:thumbsup: :D

legendboy
07-11-2002, 10:41 AM
Well, I bought my gf a hyuandai scoop there for 8 bills, It was a good car for about 1 year then the engne went......I only bought it because vince (GM) told me it was not too bad of a car. But I've sold so many POS's there along with all the other curbers.....its mostly garbage.

speedracer
07-11-2002, 10:47 AM
I haven't had bad luck there yet. It just takes many trips to see which cars are good and ones that are just dressed up for sale.

90' 240SX - Bought at Regal and Sold 2 year later. No mechanical problems. Just too many cars in the garage since we also had another 240SX with HUD.

Festiva - Winter Car - Hella fun car to drive.

dsmer
11-13-2004, 12:00 PM
bump:D

badseed
11-13-2004, 12:09 PM
I tend to disagree with Regal auctions selling nothing but POS cars. I'll admitt there's lots of crappy cars but if you know your stuff it's pretty easy to detect which cars are lemons and which are worth buying. You can take them for a testdrive within the lot during non-autcion dayz.

Kobe
11-13-2004, 12:11 PM
I'd only bid on the Bank repo's there, the other ones just dont seem good.

badseed
11-13-2004, 12:31 PM
^^ Bank Repos are a pretty safe bet:thumbsup:

Zero102
11-13-2004, 12:43 PM
There are a lot of POS's there, but there are also some people who just want to sell their cars, and for some reason, decided that at Regal Auctions was the best way to do it.

Go on a non-auction day, and wander through the yard, give any cars you're interested in a good once over. They let you start them up (But I don't think they let you drive them). I've found a few good buys for friends of mine over there. But I've also seen a LOT of crappy cars, don't just go on an auction day, and find one that looks good.....

badseed
11-13-2004, 12:45 PM
^ Yes you can drive them within the lot on non-auction dayz:thumbsup:

teamPRO
11-13-2004, 04:09 PM
does anybody realize this thread is over two years old...

rage2
11-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Who cares, it's not off topic.

Team_Mclaren
11-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Who cares, it's not off topic.

:werd: i rather they bump an old thread with the same topic then making a new one

i think nismodrifter bought his tdi from an auction and got a smoking deal, so you can find some good stuff there if you know what your doing

3G
11-13-2004, 05:00 PM
if you know what you're doing and what to look for then go for it. alot of people put their POS's there and I know from experience (I didnt buy one). but yah alot of them are dealers but ur best bet is to buy a Bank Repo :thumbsup:

CelicaST-162
11-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Holy two year old thread! No, you are NOT allowed to drive them in the lot non auction day or not. I bought my Pathfinder there, and its great. Not all the cars there are bad, there are some good vehicles there. Have some common sense when buying a car there, dont buy at night and give the car a careful look over!

badseed
11-13-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162
Holy two year old thread! No, you are NOT allowed to drive them in the lot non auction day or not.

I guess they just made an exception for me then..... hey?????
If your interested, they'll let you, this I know.

Gspotracer
11-13-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by badseed

I guess they just made an exception for me then..... hey?????
If your interested, they'll let you, this I know.

I've bought a Repo there before, I got a good price & saved a lot of money. Never had any problems with the car.

Oh yeah, they did let me test drive it in the lot before I bought it:thumbsup:

CelicaST-162
11-13-2004, 07:59 PM
heh, they let me test drive my truck too....they got testy over that because a while back someone hit a car while backing into a stall :dunno:

nismodrifter
11-14-2004, 04:43 PM
In the past 5 years or so my dad has bought 2 of our cars from there...both were bank repos....in MINT condition.....
- 95 pathfinder (I drove this during highschool): purchased in 97, had 67k on it, MINT in and out...super clean, like new, saved HUGE $$$ on this thing and it was still covered under both 3year minor/5 year powertrain warranty.

- 01' Tdi which I drive now: most of you guys have seen the car, clean in and out, purchased at 100k right after the timing belt was changed, car had 100k 100% HIGHWAY kms on it, the only wear in the car is in the drivers seat....none of the other seats or trunk have ever even seen use...crazy..saved HUGE $$ when comparing to avergage going price on the market last year (I won't give exact numbers as to how much we paid...but we ended up saving over $7000 when compared to similar cars with same or EVEN LESS options) This car was babied and had all service records from the dealership.

IMO...stick to the REPOS ONLY!!!
You can find out which repos are coming for auction approximately a month in advance so that gives you alot of time to do your research and see what you should be paying. :thumbsup:

jaysas_63
11-14-2004, 05:43 PM
regal official website

Keys are placed in the vehicles one hour prior to sale time. Feel free to start a vehicle and move it forwards and backwards. Keys are also available weekdays during normal business hours. Just ask a friendly staff member.

During the week it may be possible to arrange a test drive of a vehicle with the owners consent. Phone ahead to make arrangements.

just thought some ppl might want that cleared up

jaysas_63
11-14-2004, 05:45 PM
sry to dbl post, but it says that GST is applicable on the "buyers fee" so does that mean that there is no GST on the price of the vehicle itslef?

nismodrifter
11-14-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by jaysas_63
sry to dbl post, but it says that GST is applicable on the "buyers fee" so does that mean that there is no GST on the price of the vehicle itslef?

nope...you pay GST on the price of the vehicle as well

euro_racer
11-14-2004, 06:06 PM
most of the cars there are rejects from the bargain finder, most of the time its cars that ppl can not sell trough the paper so they bring it to the auction to get at ltest something out of it

dj_rice
11-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Hahah...I sold my uncles van there, 93 Mazda MPV and it had transmission problems and we put it in a no-reserve auction and got $320 for it :) :) with that said, be careful

AllGoNoShow
11-14-2004, 11:59 PM
Anyone know if the old interceptors are any good? Of course theyve been beat down form the pigs that run them but i mean $1500 for a 96 Crown Vic running and shit with upgraded package, might need a little TLC but I mean seems liek a hell of a deal to me.

jaysas_63
11-15-2004, 07:53 PM
^^^don't those things have vette engines, and upgraded suspension...someone plz clarify

dsmer
11-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by jaysas_63
^^^don't those things have vette engines, and upgraded suspension...someone plz clarify

trans am have the vette engine i think. LS1?