PDA

View Full Version : how many oil change/inspection services covered by 3yr maintenance program?

keroppi
05-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Hi all, I have a soon-to-be 3yrs old 330i, and in the past 2 yrs, I received 1 oil change and 1 Inspection I services free of charge covered by the free 3-yr maintenance program. I just tried to book for another free service before the end of the third yr, but BMW Gallery told me that BMW Canada wouldn't cover anymore free service for me as my current mileage hasn't reached 75.000km yet...?!
Does this make sense? I thought that we can have 1 service at least every 12mths?

I'd like to hear your experience...
thanks!

glennc
05-04-2006, 10:22 AM
So called "service plans" are usually just a load of crap. alot of the time there are catches like a certian KM between changes, ect. Best bet would be to contact the sales person who sold you the car originally, talk to him about the "service plan" and figure out when you CAN get service and IF you can.

snowcatxx87
05-04-2006, 05:50 PM
^ Yes, but every service plan is different, ie, honda vs. BMW.

It doe NOT make any sense at all, its 3 years and up to a certain amount of KM. Unless they are using the stupid loophole, 1 per 24,000KM. It should be changed before that really...