PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of any IMPORT car appraisers in Edmonton?

AccentAE86
05-04-2006, 10:39 AM
I'm sure many of you have thought about this at one point.

You put a lot of work and time and money into your car. If someone were to steal it, you'd only get book value. In my case, they'd give me about $1500, which wouldn't even cover the rims/tires.

Of course, what you should do is get your car appraised and insure it by value.

BUT... everyone I call only does domestic classics. They don't have a clue about imports!!!

Has anybody had a good import appraisal done?

AccentAE86
05-08-2006, 09:26 PM
anyone? C'mon, nobody has done this?

95EagleAWD
05-08-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm curious as well.

C4S
05-08-2006, 11:46 PM
Black book? blue book? and do some research from autotrader for similiar car ..

If u spent $1500 on the wheel .. show them receipt ? that may help?

But in general .. a Stock car worth more then a mod car .. :dunno:

95EagleAWD
05-09-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by C4S
Black book? blue book? and do some research from autotrader for similiar car ..

If u spent $1500 on the wheel .. show them receipt ? that may help?

But in general .. a Stock car worth more then a mod car .. :dunno:

Well sure.

The Acura is only insured for 32K; but it is easily worth more. Who do you go to to get this appraised? Black book value doesn't always apply.

me&you
05-09-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Well sure.

The Acura is only insured for 32K; but it is easily worth more. Who do you go to to get this appraised? Black book value doesn't always apply.

Your choice though. You may have your NSX insured for $32,000 and thinkg it's worth more, but I'm sure you don't mind paying the premium based on a value of $32,000. If you insure it for "full" value, your payments will rise accordingly.

I know many exotics are insured on a "agreed upon" value. Insurance companies often do this on the assumption that the owner will be more careful with a rare exotic. Not sure if you can do this for a modified car though...

Last thing, don't forget, at best, mods retain 1/3 of their value at resale time.