PDA

View Full Version : Dumbells

R!zz0
05-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Where can i get some dumbells? Would sportchek or any other fitness store have them? And are they pricey?

BTW, what's better skipping rope or running for losing around the tummy area?

nhlfan
05-04-2006, 11:19 PM
sportchek, but they dont have any heavy ones.

JAYMEZ
05-04-2006, 11:35 PM
Run and Skip dude. Its pretty easy to do both...

I think its called the "Fitness Centre depot" they sell stuff , ill double check tommorow , they have everything

logix
05-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Fitness Depot and Sport Chek both have dumbells.. but muchh cheaper per lb at fitness depot last time i checked. something along the lines of $1.30+/lb at sportchek and less then $1/lb at fitness depot.. not 100% though, it's been a while haha

CasperWho
05-04-2006, 11:43 PM
^ Yeah, its off blackfoot!

SportChek is overpriced! :thumbsdow

especially in this department

MackDawg
05-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Wall-Mart has 52.5 to 40 pound dumb bells...lol if that helps

Peace

Marc

msommers
05-05-2006, 12:08 AM
I had some dumbells a little bit ago, I think they were called powerblocks. It's an adjustable dumbell, works awesome! Seriously saves some space, try to get them used though, I remember them being kind of expensive

Benny
05-05-2006, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by msommers
I had some dumbells a little bit ago, I think they were called powerblocks. It's an adjustable dumbell, works awesome! Seriously saves some space, try to get them used though, I remember them being kind of expensive

Yeah, I was fucking around with those at my friend's house. They do work pretty good. The problem with them is that they're fairly expensive to begin with, and they really crank up the price as you need more weight. You're looking at some serious cash to get a set that will last you as you keep building up. I'd just join a gym.

Alex_FORD
05-05-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Benny

Yeah, I was fucking around with those at my friend's house. They do work pretty good. The problem with them is that they're fairly expensive to begin with, and they really crank up the price as you need more weight. You're looking at some serious cash to get a set that will last you as you keep building up. I'd just join a gym.

As you start to get into 50-100 lb dumbells, the powerblocks are probably cheaper than a complete set of FIXED dumbbells.

Quick, can somebody add up how many pounds there are in a set of fixed dumbbells ranging from 5lbs to 120 lbs - in 5 lb increments?

TrevorK
05-05-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Alex_FORD

As you start to get into 50-100 lb dumbells, the powerblocks are probably cheaper than a complete set of FIXED dumbbells.

Quick, can somebody add up how many pounds there are in a set of fixed dumbbells ranging from 5lbs to 120 lbs - in 5 lb increments?

Why would you need a complete set - why not just rack and clip the weights on as you need them?

it might seem like a pain, but it can be easily done in between sets.

Alex_FORD
05-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by TrevorK

Why would you need a complete set - why not just rack and clip the weights on as you need them?

Good point, and btw thats how I got started a few years back.

But slowly, I've bought fixed dumbells from 5 lbs all the way up to 35 pounds - but I still use steel plates and spin-off style dumbells for anything heavier.

R!zz0
05-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by TrevorK

Right on :thumbsup: